Dr. Jonathan P. Yunis, MD

Dr. Jonathan P. Yunis, MD

General Surgery | Male

Center for Hernia Repair 1435 S Osprey Ave Ste 201, Sarasota, FL 34239 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My practice is dedicated to hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction. We emphasize a customized approach in order to provide comfortable and durable outcomes.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr Yunis grew up as the son of a prominent physician, Stuart L Yunis MD, in Long Island, New York....Read more

Dr. Yunis' Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Yunis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yunis

Dr. Yunis accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Yunis has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Yunis' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yunis to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Yunis
Dr. Yunis' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (64)
in Sarasota, FL |
On or about September 13th, I found myself in need of Hernia surgery. Having no experience or knowledge about Hernia issues, a family friend recommended Dr. Jonathan Yunis. I cannot begin to explain how wonderful Dr. Yunis and his staff are, they are the best. I was advised every step of the way, surgery went exactly as planned and I was relaxed and made comfortable, without pain medication. Except Ibuprofen and Tylenol. I would recommend Dr. Yunis and his caring staff to everyone.
in Parrish, FL |
Inguinal hernia laparoscopy end of August. OUTSTANDING experience - from initial evaluation visit, thru surgery, and onto followup visit. Dr. Yunis and his staff - including PA Ralph - were courteous, professional and efficient. Sarasota Physicians Surgical Center where surgery was performed was great. The staff that attended me there did an outstanding job. I would STRONGLY recommend Dr. Tunis and his excellent staff to anyone seeking hernia repair surgery. Thanks for a job well done!
in Sarasota, FL |
Could not be happier or more impressed with Dr. Yunis and his team. After moths of un-diagnosed excruciating groin pain, I was referred to Dr Yunis where he went above and beyond to diagnose my femoral hernia and personally took my phone calls when I became bed ridden. His bedside manner is amazing and he truly cares for his patients and wants and will ONLY do what's best for you. He got me into surgery 1 week after my initial visit and I woke up from surgery pain free.
in Tampa, FL |
All I can say is that I had success with Dr. Yunis, his diagnosis and work on me was 100% successful. He was concerned about my needs and was passionate about how the whole process turned out for me. The outpatient facility was very comfortable and the service was excellent. I recovered faster than expected and have zero...none...no pain and am back to lifting weights and running. Thank you Dr. Yunis
in Sarasota, FL |
I give my strongest recommendation to Dr Jonathan Yunis.. How do I know? Well, I?m kind of an expert on Doctors. I am 45 years old and have had 11 different surgeries by 10 different doctors. Dr Yunis was the best. When I met with him he addressed my concerns and was careful to have all the diagnostic test done that were needed.He was honest and straightforward even when it wasn?t what I wanted to hear. He also set realistic expectation. The operation was a 100% success.
in Naples, FL |
Due to the severity of my hernia and my predisposition to weakness in my abdominal wall, he recommended abdominal reconstruction. There are very few surgeons who know how to perform this complex procedure. Dr. Yunis, who is passionate about repairing hernias, knows how to do this procedure. Thanks to Dr. Yunis, I lead a productive and physically active life! I am riding my horses, working in the garden, and doing physical activity free of the hernia. If you have a hernia, see Dr. Yunis.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Yunis performed double hernia surgery on me eight days ago and the experience was beyond excellent I would recommend DR Yunis to anyone in need of hernia surgery .
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Yunis performed complicated double hernia surgery on me about 4 years ago. It was my 3rd surgery on my right side (two previous surgery s by another doctor in Fort Myers had failed). It was my first hernia on my left side. I can report that 4 years later Dr. Yunis's repair are still solid and I am forever grateful. The whole experience (staff included) was beyond excellent and I have recommended Dr. Yunis to others who live in Fort Myers area.
in Sarasota, FL |
My surgical experience with Dr Yunis and the support staff far exceeded my expectations. During the initial consult he diagnosed the problem, and gave me his guarantee that he could fix the recurring hernia using laparoscopic surgery, and that the recovery period would be minimal. He was true to his word, and I was back playing golf in under 2 weeks! Also, the team at the front office were very professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr Yunis to anyone who needs this surgery.
in Cortez, FL |
Dr. Yunis's repair of my hernia was excellent. I was amazed how good I felt so rapidly after the operation. I certainly chose the right doctor to do this hernia repair. Excellent and completely successful operation.
in Tampa, FL |
Professional, efficient, exceptional service, and very friendly staff. Two years since double hernia surgery with no issues. Returned to fitness regimen within 3 weeks, and stronger than ever. As for surgery procedure, in at 8am, having a Starbucks at 12 noon. As a self pay, cost very reasonable. Thank you Dr. Yunis!
in Sarasota, FL |
I met with Dr. Yunis on a Thursday. I had surgery the following Monday. I was back to work Wednesday night. I had never had surgery before, but Dr. Yunis and his staff made me feel very comfortable and confident. I had been putting this off for a while. Now I wish I had gone sooner. Very good experience with very little discomfort.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan P. Yunis, MD?
Are you Dr. Yunis?

• Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Yunis' Board Certifications

• General Surgery

Dr. Yunis says..

Dr Yunis's practice is dedicated solely to hernia repair, revisional hernia surgery, and abdominal wall reconstruction.

Dr. Yunis emphasizes safety, durability, and comfort for every patient.  Robotic, laparoscopic, and conventional open surgical techniques for hernia repair are all offered. In some cases watchful waiting and avoiding surgery may  be the best option.

He has extensive experience with combining hernia repair with abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

Dr Yunis performs over 700 major hernia and abdominoplasty operations annually and the practice has been dedicated to hernia surgery for over 15 years.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Hernia
  • Traumatic Hernia
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia

Dr. Yunis says..

Dr Yunis offers all known surgical techniques for hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction.

Robotic, laparoscopic, and conventional open surgical hernia operations are offered.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Revision Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Herniorrhaphy

Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Graduated in 1985

Completed in 1992

Vassar College

Graduated in 1981

• Physicians Excel Award, July 2005

Dr. Yunis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yunis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yunis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Yunis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Yunis

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Yunis' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Yunis

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Yunis says...

Dr Yunis grew up as the son of a prominent physician, Stuart L Yunis MD, in Long Island, New York.  He had early exposure to the importance of education, expertise and high ethical standards in medicine and surgery.

His education and surgical experience is extensive. Despite early and persistent interest in hernia surgery, Dr Yunis spend much of his early career as a vascular surgeon. He performed vascular bypass surgery, aortic reconstruction for aneurysm and occlusive disease, and carotid endarterectomy.  These skills as a vascular surgeon have enhanced his performance in hernia surgery and abdominal wall reconstruction.

Dr. Yunis' Care Philosophy