General Surgery  |
Dr. Jonathan Wideroff, MD
Dr. Jonathan Wideroff, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Boca Raton, FL. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 40 years.

1601 Clint Moore Rd Ste 145

Boca Raton, FL 33487

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Wideroff

Dr. Wideroff's Experience

Dr. Wideroff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• General Surgery

Dr. Wideroff does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Biliary Atresia
  • Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lung Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Orchiectomy
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Parathyroid Surgery

• Jackson Meml Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Jackson Meml Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Wideroff has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wideroff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wideroff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wideroff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wideroff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wideroff to family and friends
Dr. Wideroff's Performance
Miami, FL |
Amazing surgeon and human being! If you require surgery, he is your guy!
in Boca Raton, Florida |
I had a Total Thyroidectomy in August. Dr Wideroff was very thorough in explaining what the surgery would entail and what I could expect post op. During my follow up visit, Dr. Wideroff was very informative and thorough, and he explained everything in layman terms. Dr. Wideroff has a fantastic sense of humor and great bed side manner. Everyday, I look at my scar and as he indicated, I would not even see it in a few months. Great job doctor!!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Wideroff was recommended by my primary care physician for possible hernia surgery. From the beginning to the end I was 100% satisfied and he made me feel at ease and relaxed. It should be noted my husband felt the same way (meeting Dr. Wideroff in the waiting room after my operation). This doctor is a rare find - he is informative, compassionate, caring and highly professional
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Wideroff made me feel totally at ease when I met with him initially for a consultation in regard to my epigastric hernia. He explained the procedure and thoroughly answered any of my questions. He was equally assuring and comforting when we met in the hospital. The result was excellent. I just left his office after the follow up (9 days out). I am thrilled with my progress, as was he. On a scale of 1 - 10, I would give him an eleven.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Wideroff performed corrective hernia surgery on me. He is a SAINT, with the patience and wisdom to make any patient comfortable. What was supposed to be an apprehensive experience turned into a easily understood and seemingly painless procedure. I recommend Dr. Wideroff for any surgery he feels comfortable undertaking. Steven Schwartz
in Boca Raton FL |
Excellent experience with this wonderful doctor. A true mensch. Office staff pleasant and professional.
in BOCA RATON |
Dr. Wideroff is by far the most caring, knowledgable Dr I have ever seen. The world would be a better place if there were more doctors like him. He is so confident and truly takes his time to explain the surgery that it made me feel very comfortable. I was reluctant to do a full thyroidectomy but he convinced me it would be painless and a quick recovery. It was. I feel better than I ever have and i even ran 3 miles 10 days after my surgery. Best surgeon out there!
in Lake Worth, FL |
I just had my thyroid removed by Dr. Wideroff. From the first time meeting Dr. Wideroff he was so calm and reassuring. Sat down and explained everything. He really put my mind at ease. After the surgery appointment he was just as wonderful. Never rushed and answered all my questions.
Boca Raton |
Dr. Wideroff performed my total thyroidectomy in Dec of 2015, everything went outstandingly well! My voice is still perfectly the same as it was prior to the surgery and have had 0 complications. His beside manor was really great as well he is very informative and comforting
in Delray Beach. FL |
Did a super job on my hernia and is a real nice guy. Won't find a better general surgeon.
Boca Raton, FL |
I recently had emergency gallbladder surgery. Dr. Wideroff was my surgeon, the first choice of my primary care physician. We first met several hours before my surgery. Dr. Wideroff clearly explained the procedure I would shortly undergo. He reviewed step-by-step what would take place. He carefully explained the risks involved and the most likely outcome. His manner and demeanor, relaxed me and filled me with confidence. I felt secure in his hands. Highly recommended!
Wellington, Fl |
Amazing dr. Explains and is very knowledgeable best in Florida
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Wideroff did an umbilical hernia repair for me 11 days ago. I am a podiatrist and practiced in the same community with Dr. Wideroff for 25 years. His reputation has always been stellar among the medical community here, so when I needed this surgery, I asked as few of my doctor friends that everyone agreed that he was a great choice to do this procedure. The experience that I had with him and his office was as good as it gets.
I felt Dr. Wideroff was attentive, caring and knowledgeable. Very pleased with his care.
in Delray Beach, FL |
He was thorough, explaining everything before my two surgeries. He talked about all the possible scenarios and outcomes. He answered all my questions and concerns and never made me feel that he needed to rush out to the next patient. He also stopped by pre-op before both surgeries to say hello, for last minute questions and to reiterate what was going to happen. He is kind, compassionate and has a great sense of humor: all traits you don't necessarily find in a surgeon. I highly recommend him.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Wideroff & staff were superb from the pre-op visit, to the surgery, & post surgery follow up. I could not have asked for a better surgery & end result. Dr. Wideroff was extremely thorough, informative, and present throughout the entire process...he explained everything clearly & entertained any questions or concerns I had. Dr. Wideroff came very highly recommended to me, and I would highly recommend him & his staff as well!
San Jose, CA |
Dr. Wideroff has saved my life twice! He's an excellent surgeon and great doctor with a wonderful beside manner.
Boynton Beach, FL |
From the outset he was caring, attentive and reassuring. I had extensive gall bladder surgery and during my 4 day hospital stay he was there every day to check on my condition. The follow up visit was informative and I was told that his door is always open for me!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Wideroff came highly recommended by doctors & friends. He is the dr. to get if you need surgery & live in Boca Raton. Absolutely an amazing surgeon! He has a wonderful personality & bedside manner. His office staff is just as nice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
DR.widderoff was the best surgeon I have ever used. He was very personable, humorous, and very understanding.he had the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever used. He took care of my bylattera hernias and I was so happy I chose him. Thanks doc. Susan Schanman
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Wideroff came highly recommended by all of my physicians. I needed to have a Ventral Incisional Hernia Operation. After meeting with Dr. Wideroff, I was totally convinced that he was the one I wanted to operate on me. My operation was a week ago and I can say that I made the right choice. He is the most caring, knowledgeable, skillful surgeon I have ever met. I would highly recommend him. He is the best.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I just had surgery a week ago today for a total thyroidectomy. Considering the surgery involved, I feel great. I went to see him yesterday for my post-op and he removed the tape covering the scar and it looks great. I can see that it will be barely noticeable once healed. This is the second surgery that I have had with Dr. Wideroff in the last 7 years and I can honestly say that his bedside manner and knowledge is what sets him apart from other doctors. I highly recommend him.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Wideroff is a most compassionate, caring, and understanding doctor that I've met since moving to south Florida. He explained everything, taking his time, and set my mind at ease completely. I highly recommend him!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I had a total thyroid removal. It should have been removed several years ago, but was afraid. My thyroid grew, was large, finally went back to have Dr Wideroff remove it. Dr Wideroff told me not to worry, still did. Delray Medical, nurses, anesthesia, all told me that for thyroid surgery, Dr Wideroff is the best. Thankful the results were benign. After the surgery, I had a short recovery to stabilize levels. My thyroid medication is now the same as it was Before removal!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I am an 83 year old male that is on a blood thinner and has heart problems and needed an inguinal hernia repair and 4 months later laparoscopic gall bladder surgery, His surgical expertise and lifesaving awareness of a medical emergency regarding a blocked bile duct was superb. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Wideroff to family and friends for surgery. He was highly recommended by my internist.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Wideroff was highly recommended by a few friends from medical field. He is absolutely the best surgeon and very caring person.He did my big surgery in 2013,and I was in the hospital in 2014 and in March 2016 with smaller problems. He is amazing doctor ,you don't feel like a number,more like a family member. I trust him with all my heart.
in Boca Raton, FL |
The best surgeon in Boca Raton, FL. Had a total thyroidectomy. Dr. Wideroff is kind, compassionate, capable. Wonderful bedside manner!
in Hillsboro Beach, FL |
I had emergency appendectomy 10 days ago. Dr. Wideroff was recommended by my internist and before my procedure every RN at Boca regional Hospital told me I had the best surgeon. They were right. he is compassionate, understanding and explains in detail what his plan is. 10 days later I am golfing, his follow up is amazing and I can't go anywhere without bringing up his name and other doctors and patients extolling his virtues and capabilities. I would on use Dr Wideroff for his specialty!
in Boca Raton, FL |
On Jan 18th 2016 wind up in the ER at Boca Raton Regional Hospital with a diverticulitis infection. Tuesday morning Dr. Wideroff was at my bed side explaining the surgical procedures and possible scenarios for outcome. I had great confidence in surgeon Wideroff as 2 years ago he performed an umbilical hernia operation on me with great success. The colon resection surgery on 1/19 went very well - they worked very hard - to avoid colostomy bag. I was out of the hospital by 2/26/16. Great surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Wideroff, MD?
Are you Dr. Wideroff?