Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 41

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Vigdorchik has extensive experience in Hip & Pelvic Surgery. He graduated from Univ Of Mo Columbia Sch Of Med in 2007. He is affiliated with NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD

Steven B Haas MD PC

535 E 70th St New York, NY 10021
Telehealth services available

(212) 606-1992
Telehealth services available

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Vigdorchik

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Vigdorchik treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Vigdorchik treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 606-1992.

Hip & Pelvic Surgery

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip & Pelvic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Vigdorchik is experienced in the area of Hip & Pelvic Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Vigdorchik
Similar Providers
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Hip Sprain
Hip Replacement With Robotic Assistance
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Normal

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Vigdorchik accepts

(212) 606-1992

Dr. Vigdorchik accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Dr. Vigdorchik's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vigdorchik

4.1

The best
I had two knee replacements, two years apart. He was great and my recovery was excellent. I would recommend him to anyone.
Rosalind Sackoff – Dec 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
First ever surgery went fantastically!!
I was referred to Dr. Vigdorchik from a friend of mine, whose mother had been a patient. My friend was saying how happy she was with her results. I made an appointment to get a second opinion, and by the time I left I was scheduling my own hip replacement to be done! I found everyone associated with Dr. Vigdorchik to be extremely helpful, friendly, patient and just overall wonderful. Never having had surgery before, I was fairly nervous with everything and I found Dr. Vigdorchik's staff and also the doctor himself, to be more than willing to answer any of my questions and concerns, no matter how silly they may have been. This also goes for everyone I dealt with at HSS in NYC. Truly a great experience. Not that I want to do this again anytime soon, but will definitely go back to HSS and Dr. Vigdorchik if the need arises again. I highly recommend him and HSS.
Annmarie Carkciyan – Dec 17, 2022
Everything was perfect!
I had a L THR, posterior approach, on May 4, 2022 and was driving my car three weeks later. For discomfort I took acetaminophen and ibuprofen. I am a side sleeper so it was a little uncomfortable to stay on my right side, but that was the only problem. Dr. V showed me the X-ray of my R hip and it is bone on bone, so I might be back in the future. Highly recommend Dr. Vigdorchik and HSS.
Kerry – Dec 09, 2022
Deformed my hip permanently
He specialized in hip replacement for people with back fusions. He wasn’t caring, nor did he offer any hope. He also left me with a pinched nerve in my hip so when I move in certain ways I suffer such severe pain I can’t speak or move. He bever explained why I was hospitalized for 6 days not the typical 0-2 days from most HSS surgeons. When an RN & HC Aides saw my leg they gasped & commented on the deformity. My health care proxy informed the RN station & Dr. Vigdorchik that I required 2 units of blood after my first hip replacement. He did nothing until the Rehab Facility wouldn’t take me unless they gave me a blood transfusion. My numbers were low not borderline. The only reason he did what he should have done days sooner was because I couldn’t be released from the hospital until he made the correct medical decision and transfused me Now I can’t swim or wear shorts because the scars he left me with are disfiguring. He also put a premature end to my sex life & intimacy.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 16, 2022
Hip Replacement
Dr. Vigdorchik and his team at HSS score a 10 out of 10. Everyone I met during the entire process was professional and knowledgeable. I was told what to expect every step of the way before and after my procedure. There were no surprises. The support staff handled questions about insurance, prescriptions and general inquiries concerning after care. The web site has all the information you need about appointments, billings, test results etc. in a user friendly format. If you need an orthopedic surgeon, I recommend Dr. Vigdorchik at HSS.
Jul 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Great outcome on my right hip replacement
I was hoping to go home the same day and when I woke up from the surgery I was feeling better than expected. I was home in my house seven hours later. I was walking with a cane, which I wasn’t even sure I needed. Within two weeks I was walking one mile. Dr. Vigdorchik has a great bedside manner and is a top surgeon. I would highly recommend to friends and family
Edward Brown – Jun 19, 2022
All Well that ends Well
I am a 87 yr old male and trust and confidence were critical to make the decision to have a complete hip replacement. I had had a pulmonary embolism several months prior and all precautions were make to ensure a safe procedure. The Dr. and his team guided my through the necessary pre screening and in the end it was clear that all risks had be considered and addressed to my satisfaction. A really terrific team!!
Richard – Apr 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
I had my right hip replaced. Dr. V's staff was remarkably supportive and always there for me when I had a question. The surgery went incredibly well and I am on my way to a full recovery. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!
Jimmy K – Jan 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Total knee replacement. Excellent surgeon who explained everything and did an amazing job. Perfect alignment and knee working flawlessly after 6 weeks. He uses modern robotic techniques which make recovery times much easier. I would recommend this doctor in a heartbeat.
Brenda Gennari – Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
At least as closest to the very best as possible! -I'd say All Three: a bravo, a standing ovation, And an ancora. Thank you So much always, Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik...!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Frank Pedulla - www.boneplayer.com – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
I grew up in New York and anytime you needed orthopaedical care you always think of the Hospital for Special Surgery first. I am 62 years old and my right hip had been giving me trouble for several months. I was referred to Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik M.D. by my knee surgeon at HSS. Dr. Vigdorchik who from the beginning assured me of success in getting me back to where I wanted to be which includes going back to work as a tractor-trailer driver. The doctor explained all of my options up to and including surgery. After trying these other options including cortisone injections into my hip, we decided on a total right hip replacement on July 1st. I had the surgery in the a.m. and was out by late afternoon. After 10 weeks of recuperation, I can say it was the best decision I could have made. I am able to bend and flex my hip. I can put my socks on with no pain, wow! I cannot thank Dr. Vigdorchik and his team at HSS enough for extraordinary care. Especially Lisa Puglisi his office manager.
William Conlon – Dec 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
While HSS is state of the art in joint surgery, Dr Vigdorchik is highly motivated to thoroughly plan is robotic approach which I understand is the safest, most dependable technique. His love of researching how to protect the hip surgery while accounting for any back problems is highly reassuring. His Phys Assistant is Terry Lin whose totally dependable to respond with knowledge and speed to any concerns or meds needed. His staff includes also Lisa Pugliese who devotes herself to answering calls/setting up tests, etc with great efficiency and competence. And her dependable assistant is Melissa who never fails to procure all the answers a patient needs.
Donna L Moody – Oct 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Excellent surgeon with great staff on his team. I’m 6 weeks out now from total right hip replacement and have been recovering far ahead of my own expectations. I was also able to return to work just 2 weeks after surgery! Highly recommend Dr. Vigdorchik and would fully entrust him if I needed to replace my other hip.
Karen – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Dr. Vigdorchik was thorough, comprehensive in his responses to any questions and prioritized resolving my issues as quickly as possible. I was in badly need of a hip replacement and was not impressed after meeting with an initial recommendation from my orthopedist for another doctor at a different facility. I needed to find someone better. My research led me to Dr. Vigdorchik and HSS and I could not be happier with the outcome. HSS is an awesome institution. Every single person I dealt did everything they could to ensure I understood what was happening. Communication was paramount. Attention to infection prevention was a priority. I am thrilled with the outcome and have already recommended HSS / Dr Vigdorchik to others. I honestly don’t know why anyone would go anywhere else.
Cat G – Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
My friend had surgery today excellent care excellent doctor
Linda Ortado – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Dr. V was recommended by my DO who diagnosed my fractured hip. I would recommend Dr. Vigdorchik to any one who must have surgery. HSS was thorough, very attentive, and all whom I was in contact with was highly professional. Excellent experience.
LLL – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Ivanka the office manager is beyond rude. She accused me about lying about my insurance when I actually sent her photos of my cards and and the actual referral. I got into see the doctor and he referred me for an MRI. No one told me that I needed to get a copy of the CD of the MRI. It took an entire week to find out the results and the doctor wouldn’t speak to me about what the results were. They referred me to another doctor and wouldn’t tell me what kind of a doctor he was or why I was refered
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Best man ever! Very caring. Staff awesome also.
GAETANA SCAFURI in Staten island , NY – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
I was very satisfied with my hip replacement surgery. In addition to excellent medical care, Dr. Vigdorchik provided great support.
Rosalind Sposato in Merrick, NY – Oct 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?
Literally every single step of my experience was top notch. From the original consult with Dr. Antell, Phys. Therapy, The epidural from Dr. Jajoo, getting approved by cardiologist Dr. Klein, all the testing, interviews with the anesthesiologist, and of course Dr. Vigdorchik. He's a genius. I was hoping to feel like I did before the pain started but I actually feel much better than I have in a long long time. Healthier, more balanced through my hips and spine. Everything feels like it's in place.
Lee Howard in NYC, NY – Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Vigdorchik, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vigdorchik?