Dr. Jonathan Vellinga, MD

Dr. Jonathan Vellinga, MD

Internal Medicine  |
Male

Dr. Jonathan Vellinga, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Draper, UT. He has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Vellinga is affiliated with Lone Peak Hospital, Alta View Hospital, St. Mark's Hospital and Intermountain Medical Center.

Learn about Dr. Vellinga

Dr. Vellinga's Experience

Dr. Vellinga's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Heart Disease

• Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Preventive Care
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Medical College of Wisconsin
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • University of Michigan Hospitals

Dr. Vellinga has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vellinga does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vellinga and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vellinga's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vellinga to family and friends
Dr. Vellinga's Performance
in South Jordan, Utah |
I loved my first visit with Dr. Vellinga. He had been highly recommended to me. I found him to be friendly, warm and engaging. He went through my list of concerns and I felt he covered all of them. He gave me the medical advice and care that I needed. I feel very confident in his care and feel he is a knowlegable and caring physician.
Sandy, UT |
Dr Vellinga is a kind, caring physician who creates a comfortable environment in which you can ask questions.
in Bountiful, UT |
I have been seeing Dr. Vellinga for quite some time and he is really, the best Dr. I have ever had. He really does care about his patients and I truly feel that every time I go in. He is interested in every thing I say and listens very intently. He wants to help you feel better.
in Midvale, UT |
I would recommend Dr. Vellinga to any of my friends and family. I'm very grateful I received a recommendation from a friend of mine. Dr. Vellinga listens and hears what you're saying. He treats people with respect and dignity.
Draper, UT |
He is very easy to talk with. He makes you very comfortable. He listens.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is personable, concerned, thorough, knowledgeable and informed, attentive and considers all options to give you an informed decision.
in Draper, UT |
Dr Vellinga and staff are wonderful in every aspect of providing service!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is a great Internal Medicine physician. He is thorough, kind, considerate, and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy your concerns and needs. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent physician (and have done so numerous times). He has a genuine concern for your health and happiness.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Vellinga is the best primary care physician I have ever had. He is very friendly, competent and knowledgeable. He has been able to provide education or care for services for each concern I have brought to him. I appreciate the brief notes he gives me with his suggestions or printout when I ask for help with an issue. I have seen him several times and have had excellent service from his staff as well as him. I highly recommend Dr Vellinga to anyone!
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is beyond compare. He has helped us so much. He takes time with us. He listens intently. He gives great advice. Very knowledgeable about internal medicine. We would never see another doctor unless he was on vacation, unable to see us for a very long time. We have nothing but great experiences with him.
in Draper, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is a young, amazingly up-to-date physician who nevertheless still understands old-fashion doctoring. He is personable, down-to-earth and compassionate, while providing a completely professional service. Our family has found him and his office to be extremely responsive to our medical needs. During our visits we have always felt like individuals and not numbers. We give our highest recommendation to Dr. Vellinga.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Vellinga is always prompt but takes time to listen and answer all our questions. He really seems to care about his patients.
in Draper, Utah |
Dr Vellinga is brilliant, extremely medically knowledgable, very kind, congenial, and in tune with me as a patient and an individual. I was referred to him by two other doctors several years ago. He is always there for me in big or small medical situations. I definitely recommend Dr. Vellinga to other patients. I feel blessed that he accepted me as a patient with him, I know I am in superior care with him. I trust his opinions and knowledge. His referrals to other specialists are tops, too.
in Payson Utah |
It was a good visit and I highly recommend Dr.Vellinga to my family and friends
in Sandy, UT |
He LISTENS and is very personable!
in Draper, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is a kind, compassionate, thorough physician who looks after his patient's physical, emotional and medical insurance needs. He deals thoroughly with insurance issues and helps patients wade through insurance approval processes. I can't say enough about him as a physician and his nurses and office staff are always personable and helpful. I would recommend him as a physician to all my friends and family.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is up to date on all the latest medical information. He takes time to listen, is compassionate and supportive. I feel like I am with a friend when I talk to him. He researches to answer any question he isn't sure about. He finds the best treatment plan for you, not just giving you a cookie cutter opinion. I have complete faith in his diagnosis and treatments, and feel he does care about me as a person, not just as a patient. I highly recommend him.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I always have a lot of confidence in Dr. Vellinga's knowledge and experience. He is easy to talk with and explore all my interests and concerns. As a bonus, wait times are surprisingly small.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Very professional doctor with excellent bedside manners. Answers all questions and explains findings related to my health.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have never received better care in any medical office. The visits are productive and any follow-up is assured. You are made to feel welcome and your problems are addressed with care and expertise. I would recommend him without reservation.
in Saratoga Springs, UT |
Dr Vellinga is an amazing! He listens to my concerns, talks to me about my health options and together we make decisions.
in Utah |
Over the years, Dr. Vellinga has become highly familiar with my heath and welfare status and is a great coach to help me with improving my life. I appreciate his dedication and willingness to help and support me in this effort. He understands the details and provides great direction and feedback. He listens and truly hears me and helps me in every aspect!
in Sandy, UT |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Vellinga to my friends.
in Alpine |
A visit with Dr. Vellinga is like a visit with a good friend. He takes time to listen to my concerns and explains everything so that I can understand. He pays attention to details and is very thorough in his treatment plan. I have recommended him to my good friend and my husband and they are both very pleased with his service as well. He is very knowledgeable and up to date on all the latest medical issues. The office staff and facilities are also very pleasant.
in Sandy, UT |
I have been very happy with Dr. Vellinga as my primary DR. He has been very supp0rtive and explains the questions have to my satisfaction .
Sandy, UT |
It is my experience that this office and doctor are readily available. Appointments created in quick time, responses from staff within the day. All questions are asked and answered. Always someone to talk to after hours. They leave you feeling you are important to them, extremely friendly.
in Draper |
When I needed a new primary care physician, I checked the list of those available on my health plan. However, Dr. Vellinga was well-regarded on healthgrades. No that I have met with him on several occasions and for various matters, I find him to be personable, interested in patients, willing to sit down and discuss health issues and able to discuss medical concerns and procedures in ways that are clear yet without talking down to patients. The office is well run, clean, modern and convenient.
in Draper, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is the best physician ever. He knows what he is doing and cares about you as a person, never rushed but will take as much time as need to see that your needs are met. Thank You
in Sandy, UT |
I highly recommend Dr Jonathan Vellinga for your Internal Medicine physician. Dr Vellinga will listen to you and suggest the proper course to take without overly testing. What is most amazing about Dr Vellinga is how up to date he is regarding leading edge medical treatment. This means he will sometimes establish a course of treatment that others might not. I have never hesitated for a minute to refer others to Dr Vellinga, due to his level of treatment
in Bluyffdale, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is not my regular doctor, I had to use him as my regular one was not available. I was Very pleased with his services and mannerisms. Based on my experiences, I would highly recommend him.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Each appointment is friendly. The doctor is thorough with my healthcare and well being. My needs are listened to and support given as needed. Add-on medical procedures or medicines are avoided.
Sandy, UT |
He is not only concerned about my health, but also about the cost of tests performed. He is easy to talk to and explains things so you can understand.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is very complete in his examinations. He listens to your concerns and addresses your concerns very honestly. He is very personable and caring.
Slc, ut |
Dr. Jonathan Vellinga has been one of the best doctors that my husband and myself has ever found. He takes the time to listen and take the time at every appointment we have with him. We can ask him medical questions or medical concerns and he always takes the time to answer those questions without making us feel rushed. He makes his patients feel important and that he is truly concerned about their medical care.
in Sandy, UT |
Dr. Vellinga and his staff are awesome! I have never sat in the waiting room more than 10 minutes. If I have a urgent care situation I can call the office and his nurse gets me in. I am Always greeted with a smile. I feel very cared for. Dr Vellinga listens to me and responds to my concerns. I trust him and his staff completely. I tell my friends and family that I have the best doctor in the world.
in Sandy, UT |
I saw Dr. Vellinga because my Dr. was out. Even though he was not my regular Dr. he treated me as such, and since my Dr. is getting close to retiring I would certainly look toward having Dr. Vellinga be my regular Dr.
in Sandy, UT |
Dr vellinnga has been our family doctor for last 3 years. He is extremely knowledgeable and professional doctor. I will sincerely recommend him to any of my friend and family.
in Sandy, UT |
I haven't been happy with my primary care giver for several years. Dr. Vellinga took the time to explain answers to all of my concerns. He is a great Dr.!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Very easy to schedule via on-line and usually able to get in to see him within a day or two. Office is very well run and organized. Wait times are generally less than 10 minutes of appointment time. Friendly staff and Dr. Vellinga is patient and listens carefully. Very easy-going style that immediately puts you at ease. Great practice and outstanding doctor!
in Riverton, UT |
Dr Vellinga is a thorough clinician with a great bedside manner.
South Jordan, UT |
We have gone to Dr. Vellinga since moving to Salt Lake. We trust his thorough diagnosis and his patient and kind manner. We thoroughly recommend him as a personal physician.
in South Jordan, UT |
Some months ago, I noticed numbness in my feet. I saw Dr. Vellinga, he ran several tests, and determined that I was pre-diabetic. He counseled me, gave me a diet and exercise routine to follow, and within six months, when I was retested, my blood sugar was back in the normal range, I was no longer a candidate for diabetes. He has a way of explaining things in "layman" terms, so that his patients can easily understand what health conditions they may be dealing with.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
He is the best physician I have ever seen! He listens, discusses your care, and is very compassionate.
American Fork, UT |
Dr. Vellinga is very easy to talk to and takes the time to listen to what you have to say. He explains everything clearly so that you understand what is going on. He is also very personable.
Saratoga Springs, UT |
Will always listen to you for what is going on. Very friendly, and professional office, along with personal attention. As long as YOU are ontime they are ontime.
in Sandy, UT |
Dr.vellinga is extremely smart,knows medicines and communicates well.
in Sandy, UT |
The entire staff of this practice is amazing. Positive experience every single time from walking in to walking out. Dr. Vellinga is the best! He takes his time, answers questions without rushing, is very knowledgeable, thorough, attentive, and personable. He is friendly, funny, and gives you his full attention. The entire staff is equally personable and friendly from receptionist to phlebotomist, every professional in this office is terrific. I highly recommend Dr. Vellinga and his staff!!
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Vellinga, MD?
Are you Dr. Vellinga?

Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • CorVel
    Worker's Compensation WC
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Health Choice of Arizona
  • Health Utah
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Molina