Dr. Jonathan Ticker, MD

Dr. Jonathan Ticker, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jonathan Ticker, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Merrick, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

1728 Sunrise Hwy

Merrick, NY 11566

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Ticker

See how frequently Dr. Ticker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
Adhesive Capsulitis
Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Dr. Ticker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus

• Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Subcromial Decompression
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School
  • Center Sports Med and Rehab/U Pittsburgh
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Ny Orth Hospital Rsch Lab/Columbia Presby Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Ticker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ticker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ticker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ticker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ticker to family and friends
Dr. Ticker's Performance
Port Washington, NY |
Just finished my second rotator cuff repair with Dr. Ticker. All went even better the second time. Dr. Ticker is a highly knowledgeable individual who takes the time to ensure your expectations are correctly set. I would recommend him and already have done so to several friends considering a similar procedure. It doesn't hurt that he is a shoulder specialist and literally wrote the book on the procedure.
in Jericho, New York |
I visited Dr. Ticker for the first time earlier today with regard to a recent injury to my right shoulder, and I was highly impressed. Dr. Ticker was both gentle and patient during my initial exam, and he explained everything to me at length. He immediately assured me that it was his intention to take a conservative approach and to resort to surgery only if absolutely necessary. I immediately felt that I was in good hands and had made a wise choice in selecting him as my doctor.
Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!
in Bay Shore, NY |
Great doctor! Fantastic surgeon! We started with a conservative approach and eventually progressed to surgery. He took the time to answer all of my questions and made me feel at ease with the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Ticker for all shoulder issues!!!!
We always strive to provide top quality care, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with Jonathan Ticker, M.D.!
Weehawken, NJ |
Dr. Ticket is patient and informative. Even though he is a shoulder specialist, I visited him for a broken foot Summer of 2016. Would highly recommend Dr. Ticket and would visit him again, if needed.
Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
in Farmingdale, NY |
Dr. Ticker treated me for adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). He started with Cortisone shots and physical therapy. This wasn't sufficient as my case was severe. He performed surgery, followed by P.T. and exercises which I religiously did, taking about 8 months to achieve my full range of motion. I highly recommend Dr. Ticker to anyone with frozen shoulder. He is an exceptional surgeon and also has a wonderful bedside manner.
Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
Plainview, NY |
I needed a total shoulder replacement. I wanted a few opinion. I looked up a few shoulder specialist in the area. One was Dr Ticker. Dr Ticket had the worst bedside manor I have ever expirenced. He was outright rude to me. They advertise he does replacement. When I called his office for an appointment, I explain exactly what I what I was there for. They made an appointment. He was mad me that I was seeing him. Rude and angry doctor. Being a good Doctor is also bedside manor. RESPECT pls.
We agree: Superior orthopedic care also should be compassionate care. We have shared your concerns with Dr. Ticker. Should you wish to further discuss your care at Orlin & Cohen, please reach out to Ashley, our Patient Relations Manager, at 516-536-2800.
in Levittown, NY |
Doctor Ticker is one of the best...I went to him to arrange to have surgery...Because he takes his own x-rays, he discovered that my problem worked its way out and I no longer needed surgery...The x-ray that I had only a month ago indicated that a large calcium deposit had to be removed...Doctor Ticker told me it had popped and was gone...That was very good news...If I ever have another problem with my shoulders I will surely go to him....I give him and his staff 5 STARS
Anne Pabon, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Jonathan Ticker, M.D.! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!
in Massapequa, NY |
Had an appointment this week- Doctor Ticker was friendly, very professional and provided a careful and complete examination of,y shoulder. He spent time with me and fully answered all of my questions and was very pleasant and interested in so ofmy concerns. I was very pleased that surgery was not an initial suggestions and he carefully an completely outlined all plans and approaches to treat my symptoms. I truly appreciated his manner, caring and professionalism. Would strongly recommend him.
On behalf of everyone at Orlin & Cohen we would like to say thank you so much for your wonderful review and lovely feedback! It is so great to hear that the hard work and care we put in every day is meaningful and well received by patients like you. Have a terrific day!
in Merrick, NY |
I was so pleased with my experience. I am 4 months post-op for a medium rotator cuff repair. My range of motion is great, pain minimal and strength is coming back. Dr. Ticker was knowledgeable and caring. He explained everything in detail.
Hi Anne, Thanks for the wonderful feedback given on behalf of your experience with us. We really do appreciate it and are so happy that we met your expectations while under our care. Thanks and have a great day!
in Far Rockaway, NY |
I was recommended to Dr. Ticker by a coworker. Dr. Ticker did eventually perform shoulder surgery. He is very thorough and took his time with every appointment. He is nothing short of amazing.
Hi Deon. On behalf of Dr. Ticker and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we would like to wish you a speedy recovery and thank you for the thoughtful review left. Have a great day!
in Syosset, NY |
I found Dr. Ticker to be caring and concerned about your well being. He was very informative about how he proceeds with his care. He does not rush into surgery right away. He will attempt other methods to help reduce your pain. Only when he u=has exhausted all other avenues will he consider surgery. He was up front about what was entailed in the surgery and recovery period. I would highly recommend Dr. Ticker.
Hi Linda. We wanted to take a brief moment to wish you well during your recovery period and to also say thank you for leaving a nice review about Dr. Ticker and his team at Orlin & Cohen. Have a great day!
in Island Park, NY |
I was recommended to Dr Ticker by my physical therapist. We tried conservative approach first but the results did not last and the pain kept coming back. Dr. Ticker explained in detail what surgery and recovery would entail. I had surgery done on my right shoulder and a week after surgery the pain is less then before the surgery. I was impressed that Dr. Ticker called me a few days after surgery to see how I was doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Ticker to anyone with a shoulder problem.
Hi Theresa. That is wonderful to hear! We are so glad that Dr. Ticker and Orlin & Cohen were able to meet your expectations and get you back to feeling healthy again. Thanks for the great recommendation and have a terrific day!
in East Meadow, NY |
Dr. Ticker is truly great! I thought my shoulder pain would never get better and truly felt hopeless. I was recommended by a friend to go see Dr. Ticker. I did eventually get surgery. Dr. Ticker and his team were very thorough through out the entire process. He answered all my questions and concerns. My shoulder feels so much better. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ticker. Thank You!
Thanks for the great review Chris! We really appreciate it and its great to hear that we are meeting expectations!
in Smithtown, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Ticker to any person who suffers from shoulder pain, but especially to those who are used to being physically active and want to get back to 100% activity without pain. My left shoulder surgery was done in 2013 and I have been physically active without setbacks since then. I recently had surgery on my right shoulder and look forward to obtaining same results.
Hi Nick. That you kindly for the five star recommendation! We are glad that you have been able to get back to full activity with your left shoulder and we also anticipate you'll be back to full strength with the right one as well. Good luck in your recovery and thank you for trusting Dr. Ticker and Orlin & Cohen for your orthopedic needs.
in Wantagh, NY |
Extremely thorough with the explanation of the situation, the procedure recommended, precisely what he will be doing, and the recovery process.
Hello Sol. Thank you very much for the positive review! We invest a lot of time, energy and resources in the well-being of our patients, so it is great to see when our efforts are recognized.
in Wantagh, NY |
Dr. Ticker was Great! He explained my procedure in detail and answered all my questions. He also told me what to expect through my recuperation period. He was highly recommended from my primary Dr. and also from two people who Dr. Ticker operated on. I am so glad I used him. I would definitely recommend him.
Hello Dennis. On behalf of Dr. Ticker and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback and wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery.
in North Bellmore, New Yrok |
I have had more than one dislocation with my shoulder and once it happened at work I was recommended to go to Dr. Ticker. I'm glad I made that decision, he is nice, caring, and charismatic. I would definitely recommend him.
Hi Giovanni. Orlin & Cohen strives for the highest level of patient satisfaction on Long Island. We're so happy to hear that we continuously meet our goals in doing so. Thanks for sharing!
in Bay Shore, NY |
Dr. Ticker repaired the results of a previous "failed surgery" performed by another orthopedic surgeon. I now have full range of motion in that shoulder and am pain free. I couldn't be more pleased with the results of my surgery. In addition, his office staff and the procedures they have in place are the best I have encountered.
Hi Susan. On behalf of Dr. Ticker and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we would like to sincerely thank you for the wonderful feedback! We strive to provide top-notch care on Long Island, so it always great to hear when we meet the expectations of our patients. Have a wonderful day and we wish you the best of luck in your recovery.
in Bellmore, NY |
I have had Dr Ticker operate on both my shoulders and have been extremely pleased with the results. After my first surgery my golf game improved and now after the surgery on my other shoulder I expect to be the oldest golfer to hit the Senior Tour. Seriously, Dr Ticker is an excellent surgeon and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Hi Kevin! We are very happy to hear about your great results and satisfaction with Dr. Ticker. Thanks for taking the time to leave some wonderful feedback regarding your experience with us. Good luck with the ever improving golf game!
in Amityville |
I'm very confident and satisfied with my rotator cuff repair and recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Ticker to anyone in need of same. Thank you, Dr. Ticker!
Hi Laura. On behalf of Dr. Ticker and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we wanted to say thank you for the wonderful feedback. Have a great day!
Bay Shore, NY |
I would highly recommend him. He is very knowledgeable and I felt very confident with him. I was very satisfied with the results of my shoulder surgery.
Thanks for your feedback! We are very happy you are satisfied with the care received from Dr. Ticker.
in Woodbury, NY |
I had arthroscopic surgery to release my right shoulder capsule. I previously had right labrum repair surgery by another doctor and still felt terrible pain in my shoulder which kept me from playing softball and volleyball. Fortunately, I stumbled upon Dr. Ticker and he understood me. He didn't brush me off and tell me it was just tendonitis like the first four doctors I saw. He didn't want to immediately inject cortisone into my shoulder. He was patient, understanding and helped me be pain free
Hello Nicole. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedback on your visit with Dr. Ticker. We are very happy that you received the care and attention you deserve, as this is exactly the type of patient experience we strive to provide for everyone here at Orlin & Cohen.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
After sustaining a work related injury to my shoulder, I was referred to the Orlin & Cohen Group by a close friend and colleague. I was fortunate enough to be placed under the care of Dr. Jonathan Ticker. At the time I was unaware how well renowned he is in his field. But one year status post right shoulder surgery, I am a well informed believer. Dr. Ticker provided expert care and instruction with impeccable professionalism. Thanks Dr. Ticker and the Orlin & Cohen Group.
in New York, NY |
Dr to let dos my shoulder years ago. He was very helpful. He got me the help I needed for soft tissue and nerve injuries after he corrected my shoulder
in Amityville, NY |
Dr. Ticker is an excellent surgeon and an expert in shoulder surgery. He was able to repair my frozen shoulder, bone spur, and rotator cuff tear in one surgery. He is very nice and will explain everything to you. He is very knowledgeable and well-respected in the field. I had previously seen an orthopedic surgeon who said I would have to have two surgeries to correct this condition but Dr. Ticker was able to do it in one surgery. I no longer have any pain or symptoms of previous conditions.
in E Northport New York |
I went to Dr Thicker after many years of pain in my shoulder and nobody wanted or could tell me what was wrong he knew right away that I had a tear and bone spurs that were causing me pain I had surgery within weeks of his diagnosis and i'm three months out of my recovery and have full motion and back to regular activity and no more pain thank you Dr Thicker
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Friendly - professional - takes the time to go through all the options - and he can be funny which helped to calm my nerves! I would definitely recommend Dr. Ticker to anyone in need of surgery.
in Baldwin, NY |
Dr J Ticker is so friendly and knowledgeable I felt comfortable knowing that my shoulder was in the right hands to fix them. Yes them he fixed both my left and right shoulders at different times. I would not let anyone touch my shoulders but Dr. J. Ticker. I love
in Bay shore, NY |
Dr. Ticker was great. He explained everything I needed to know in great detail, and answered all my questions. My surgery was on my posterior labrum and he did such a great job I was back to work in 3 and a half months to a physical job! The follow up appointments were great too. I was seen very quickly except one time I did wait about an hour or so, but he was giving attention to a patient who needed it. And if it were me I would want that same attention.
Hewlett, NY |
Waited both times for well over an hour! Second time was seen by a PA instead of the doctor himself. Doctor dismissed the MRI report out of hand and insisted on his own office doing an X-ray...for muscle damage?!?! Proscribed 6 weeks of therapy which had no effect.
in Woodbury, NY |
Thoroughly professional. Great Staff. He has a good bedside manner. Explains everything. Listens. Has a good sense of self-deprecating humor. Although my wife had a complex shoulder surgery, he was reassuring and fought with the insurance carrier to get her everything she needed, and provided all the necessary documentation our attorney needed. He accepted workers compensation and gave my wife the same great level of care he gives all his patients. He is one of best shoulder surgeons anywhere.
in East Islip, NY |
I was referred to Dr Ticker and was not disappointed. Excellent surgeon, had my son back playing lacrosse 4 months after surgery with no complications. Explained every step of his surgery in detail prior to,during and after the procedure. Referred my brother and 2 other friends to Dr Ticker for shoulder issues and I am confident they will be pleased.
in West Babylon, NY |
I Have had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders now. I would not have gone back to him if I did not think he was the best. He is caring and an excellent surgeon. He answers any and all questions you have.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
I would like to praise Doctor Jonathan B. Ticker for his EXCELLENT care he provided, during surgery and afterwards. After being struck by a car, while riding a bicycle I had no capability of moving my left arm and I'm beyond PLEASED that in just four months, I'm back to swimming, biking, running and strength training. Doctor Ticker is a cut above any Doctor I have encountered and should be commended for his professional care and kindness.
Baldwin, NY |
Dr. Ticker was extremely knowledgeable and professional. He took the time to explain in full detail what to expect before my surgery, during my recover and the long term result. I would fully recommend Dr. Ticker ... I already had my wife go see him!
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Ticker, MD?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NYU Winthrop Hospital

Visit Dr. Ticker

Dr. Ticker accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO