Dr. Jonathan Ticker, MD

Dr. Jonathan Ticker, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 54 years old

Dr. Ticker specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Merrick, NY. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Ticker? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ticker's Experience

See how Dr. Ticker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ticker

Dr. Ticker accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ticker has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Ticker
Dr. Ticker's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (130)
in Bellmore, NY |
I have had Dr Ticker operate on both my shoulders and have been extremely pleased with the results. After my first surgery my golf game improved and now after the surgery on my other shoulder I expect to be the oldest golfer to hit the Senior Tour. Seriously, Dr Ticker is an excellent surgeon and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Hi Kevin! We are very happy to hear about your great results and satisfaction with Dr. Ticker. Thanks for taking the time to leave some wonderful feedback regarding your experience with us. Good luck with the ever improving golf game!
in Amityville |
I'm very confident and satisfied with my rotator cuff repair and recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Ticker to anyone in need of same. Thank you, Dr. Ticker!
Hi Laura. On behalf of Dr. Ticker and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we wanted to say thank you for the wonderful feedback. Have a great day!
Bay Shore, NY |
I would highly recommend him. He is very knowledgeable and I felt very confident with him. I was very satisfied with the results of my shoulder surgery.
Thanks for your feedback! We are very happy you are satisfied with the care received from Dr. Ticker.
in Woodbury, NY |
I had arthroscopic surgery to release my right shoulder capsule. I previously had right labrum repair surgery by another doctor and still felt terrible pain in my shoulder which kept me from playing softball and volleyball. Fortunately, I stumbled upon Dr. Ticker and he understood me. He didn't brush me off and tell me it was just tendonitis like the first four doctors I saw. He didn't want to immediately inject cortisone into my shoulder. He was patient, understanding and helped me be pain free
Hello Nicole. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedback on your visit with Dr. Ticker. We are very happy that you received the care and attention you deserve, as this is exactly the type of patient experience we strive to provide for everyone here at Orlin & Cohen.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
After sustaining a work related injury to my shoulder, I was referred to the Orlin & Cohen Group by a close friend and colleague. I was fortunate enough to be placed under the care of Dr. Jonathan Ticker. At the time I was unaware how well renowned he is in his field. But one year status post right shoulder surgery, I am a well informed believer. Dr. Ticker provided expert care and instruction with impeccable professionalism. Thanks Dr. Ticker and the Orlin & Cohen Group.
in New York, NY |
Dr to let dos my shoulder years ago. He was very helpful. He got me the help I needed for soft tissue and nerve injuries after he corrected my shoulder
in Amityville, NY |
Dr. Ticker is an excellent surgeon and an expert in shoulder surgery. He was able to repair my frozen shoulder, bone spur, and rotator cuff tear in one surgery. He is very nice and will explain everything to you. He is very knowledgeable and well-respected in the field. I had previously seen an orthopedic surgeon who said I would have to have two surgeries to correct this condition but Dr. Ticker was able to do it in one surgery. I no longer have any pain or symptoms of previous conditions.
in E Northport New York |
I went to Dr Thicker after many years of pain in my shoulder and nobody wanted or could tell me what was wrong he knew right away that I had a tear and bone spurs that were causing me pain I had surgery within weeks of his diagnosis and i'm three months out of my recovery and have full motion and back to regular activity and no more pain thank you Dr Thicker
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Friendly - professional - takes the time to go through all the options - and he can be funny which helped to calm my nerves! I would definitely recommend Dr. Ticker to anyone in need of surgery.
in Baldwin, NY |
Dr J Ticker is so friendly and knowledgeable I felt comfortable knowing that my shoulder was in the right hands to fix them. Yes them he fixed both my left and right shoulders at different times. I would not let anyone touch my shoulders but Dr. J. Ticker. I love
in Bay shore, NY |
Dr. Ticker was great. He explained everything I needed to know in great detail, and answered all my questions. My surgery was on my posterior labrum and he did such a great job I was back to work in 3 and a half months to a physical job! The follow up appointments were great too. I was seen very quickly except one time I did wait about an hour or so, but he was giving attention to a patient who needed it. And if it were me I would want that same attention.
Hewlett, NY |
Waited both times for well over an hour! Second time was seen by a PA instead of the doctor himself. Doctor dismissed the MRI report out of hand and insisted on his own office doing an X-ray...for muscle damage?!?! Proscribed 6 weeks of therapy which had no effect.
in Woodbury, NY |
Thoroughly professional. Great Staff. He has a good bedside manner. Explains everything. Listens. Has a good sense of self-deprecating humor. Although my wife had a complex shoulder surgery, he was reassuring and fought with the insurance carrier to get her everything she needed, and provided all the necessary documentation our attorney needed. He accepted workers compensation and gave my wife the same great level of care he gives all his patients. He is one of best shoulder surgeons anywhere.
in East Islip, NY |
I was referred to Dr Ticker and was not disappointed. Excellent surgeon, had my son back playing lacrosse 4 months after surgery with no complications. Explained every step of his surgery in detail prior to,during and after the procedure. Referred my brother and 2 other friends to Dr Ticker for shoulder issues and I am confident they will be pleased.
in West Babylon, NY |
I Have had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders now. I would not have gone back to him if I did not think he was the best. He is caring and an excellent surgeon. He answers any and all questions you have.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
I would like to praise Doctor Jonathan B. Ticker for his EXCELLENT care he provided, during surgery and afterwards. After being struck by a car, while riding a bicycle I had no capability of moving my left arm and I'm beyond PLEASED that in just four months, I'm back to swimming, biking, running and strength training. Doctor Ticker is a cut above any Doctor I have encountered and should be commended for his professional care and kindness.
Baldwin, NY |
Dr. Ticker was extremely knowledgeable and professional. He took the time to explain in full detail what to expect before my surgery, during my recover and the long term result. I would fully recommend Dr. Ticker ... I already had my wife go see him!
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Ticker, MD?

Compare Dr. Ticker

Dr. Ticker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ticker has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ticker's Board Certifications

• Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus

Center Sports Med and Rehab/U Pittsburgh

Completed in 1995

Ny Orth Hospital Rsch Lab/Columbia Presby Med Center

Completed in 1991

Dr. Ticker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ticker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Subcromial Decompression
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.