Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jonathan Shaver, MD
Board certified physician Dr. Chris Shaver is a graduate of the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis, Tennessee. His extensive education included an internship and residency at the Greeneville Hospital System University Medical Center, in Greenville, South Carolina. The recipient of numerous academic honors, Dr. Shaver went on to complete a Sports Medicine Fellowship at the University of Kentucky, as well as concentrated research of Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Chris is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. He provides his expertise as the team physician for both the Loudon High School and Roane County High School athletic programs. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee.

Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics

• Prime Health Services
  • USA Managed Care Organization

Learn about Dr. Shaver

Dr. Shaver's Experience

Dr. Shaver's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Univ of Tennessee College of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Greeneville Hospital System
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Greeneville Hospital System
  • University of Kentucky
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Shaver has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shaver does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaver and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaver to family and friends
Dr. Shaver's Performance
in Vonore, TN |
Dr Shaver and his entire staff was one of the most professional, courteous people I have been to in many years. VERY knowledgeable about my issue and addressed it immediately
in Vonore, TN |
Dr Shaver came highly regarded and I am fortunate to have my total knee replacement by him and his excellent staff. I did my physical therapy right next door to his office in Lenore City and I recovered well ten weeks out from surgery. When I saw the small incision I figured, well Dr. Shaver just took a look. But sure enough, He did the job. I highly recommend Dr. Shaver and though I hope my other knee will hold up, if I need it worked on, I will ask Dr. Shaver to attend to it.
in Loudon, TN |
Dr. Shaver is an attentive listener, answers all questions thoroughly, and provides the appropriate care deemed necessary for each health issue. His attention to details of care is excellent. He is totally dedicated to provision of a germ free environment during and after surgery. He is "highly professional" and always speaks to the patient in a caring manner. He was highly recommend to me by two of his previous patients. Dr. Shaver is one of the best physicians I have encountered!
Paulette F. Corcoran, we are so happy to read such a great review about J. Christopher Shaver, M.D.!
in Knoxville TN |
I'm a retired military officer, still dealing with medical conditions and injuries I received while serving in Middle East. I had some injuries to my wrist and a subsequent infection, after Dr Shaver entered the room and introduced himself I did the same and reached out to shake his hand as common curtesy would seem to dictate. Dr Shaver looked at my out stretched hand and preceded to turn his back to me and showed me his back. At that point to me my appointment was over. Very disrespectful
William, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve.
Vonore , TN |
Dr. Shaver repaired a broken tibia in my ankle area~~it has been about 4 years since the work was done. I healed quickly and have had absolutely no issues since & no pain even with low temps. I am 80yrs old--so far so good. I highly recommend Dr. Johnathan Shaver !!
Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Shaver is friendly and knowledgeable. He helped my wife's pain and offered advice as to how to improve her mobility.
Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!
in Loudon, Tn. |
Dr. SHaver gave me two new knees in a 6 month time. I haven't felt this good in years.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very satisfied with Dr. Shaver and his staff. Everyone very professional. Dr. Shaver explained my procedure thoroughly. The physical therapy group was wonderful.
in Athens Tn |
I would certainly recommend very friendly and corrected my leg pain!
in Ten Mile Tn |
He is a wonderful man and doctor he has the best bed side manner recommend everyone too have him for their doctor
in Loudon, TN |
very knowledgeable and friendly doctor used by a lot of my elderly friends in Tellico Village. A wonderful PA that assistes his practice
in Lenoir City, TN |
Very happy with my knee replacement! Dr. Shaver and Ryan helped me to be completely ready for my surgery, have the right knowledge and mind set to recoup the way I needed too and I am walking like I haven't been able to walk in 20 years I am overly pleased and would recommend them to anyone.
in Lenoir City |
This Dr, had done a great job on my knees and shoulder and also on my daughter. We think the world of him and don't want to use anyone else. Thanks James Henson
in Knoxville, TN |
I've worked with Dr. Shaver in the O.R. and know that he is an excellent surgeon who cars about his patients. My daughter has been his patient and now I have been. Very caring and explains things. My husband will be seeing him sometime this year for his knee.
in Lenoir City, TN |
I so appreciate the wonderful care that I get from Dr. Shaver. He is always courteous and respectful, and he is a careful listener - he doesn't interrupt. He spends the time necessary for the exemplary care that I receive. I never feel rushed or hurried. He takes my input seriously and works with me. He has incredible knowledge in his field and is able to apply his knowledge with wisdom, yet still relate to me. His Lenoir City staff is warm and welcoming, and I appreciate them all as a team.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We will be sure to share with the Lenoir City staff as well!
in Vonore, TN |
Dr. Shaver has partially replaced both my knees in the past year. I'm fully recovered, and doing everything I did before -- but without pain. He is smart, easy going, and open to solutions other orthopedists refuse to consider. He sits down with me, and by asking the right questions zeros in on my problems. Plan to spend time waiting at the office for him, but once you're face-to-face you'll realize the wait was worth it. His Lenoir City staff is first rate.
Bionic Bob, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
in Loudon, TN |
I have recommended Dr. Shaver to numerous people who are in need of knee and shoulder care. He is an excellent surgeon with a kind and compassionate disposition (and a good sense of humor). I was very impressed with him from the beginning because he quickly diagnosed a serious knee injury that was missed by the first out of state hospital to which I was admitted. My knee required surgery and the results have been amazing. I also had a broken shoulder that he treated at the same time.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Shaver sat down and explained the knee replacement and how long it could take before my knee would be 100%. Then I used the TOC rehab to get my knee in good shape.
in Lenoir City, TN |
Dr. Shaver was prompt, thorough and had a nice bedside manner. He listened to my issues and was able to quickly diagnose me problem and put my knee on the path to healing.
Thank you for your feedback! Happy healing!
in ENGLEWOOD,TN. 37329 |
YOU COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE FROM DR. SHAVER/DR.CONNER & THE ENTIRE STAFF. I AM A 24 YR VET IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND THIS WAS THE MOST STRESS FREE SURGERY & FOLLOW UP CARE I HAVE EXPERIENCED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Shaver, MD?

Visit Dr. Shaver