Dr. Jonathan Sanders, MD

Dr. Jonathan Sanders, MD

Dermatology  |
Even though Dr. Jonathan Sanders comes from a family of physicians, he didn't take the career path of least resistance; at least not at first. Initially, he studied philosophy at the University of Miami where he graduated with special honors and was elected to the national honor society, Phi Beta Kappa. He went on to earn a law degree from the University of Chicago Law School and began his career practicing business law in New York and Miami. But medicine eventually won out and he returned to the University of Miami, earning a medical degree from its school of medicine, where he was elected to the national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. After that, he traveled to Boston where he completed his medical internship at Harvard Medical School's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and remained in Boston to complete a dermatology residency through the combined program at Boston University Medical School and Tufts University Medical School. And, in his final year there, he served as Academic Chief Resident. Philosophy and law, however, continued to provide much of the intellectual foundation on which he would build his medical practice. These seemingly unrelated fields fine-tuned his analytical abilities and taught Dr. Sanders to see the many different sides of an issue, a skill that helps him better diagnose and treat patients. But while his education has given him the analytical skills to treat patients, it is his experience as a patient that makes the most difference in his care. After having many biopsies and many skin cancers himself, he understands well what life is like on the other side of the exam chair. And it is that experience that makes all the difference in the world. Dr. Sanders is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, a Fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, a Fellow of the American Society for Mohs Surgery, and is board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology.

1155 35th Ln Ste 202

Vero Beach, FL 32960

• Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. d/b/a Florida Blue
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Sanders

See how frequently Dr. Sanders performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Keloid Scar
Adjacent Tissue Transfer
Dermatitis

Dr. Sanders's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sanders "My care philosophy is simple: patients come first."

• Dermatology

• Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Boston Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Chicago Law School
    Other Education | Completed 1991

Dr. Sanders has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sanders does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sanders and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sanders' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sanders to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Sanders' Performance
Vero Beach, FL |
I was a patient of Dr. Sanders, and I am so glad I have pulled away from him before I had more scars on my face from what i feel were unnecessary biopsies, rather than keep an eye on a certain area, or freeze it, he is quick to do biopsies, which leave scars, and now I have several scars, even though Dr. Sanders never gave me the diagnosis of SkinCancer, so now I will drive back to Fort Lauderdale to see a doctor who has such a trained eye, I won't be getting biopsies for dermatitis any more.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Sanders was very thorough and answered all my questions. He was very pleasant and the staff was amazing!
in Vero Beach, FL |
Going to the doctor is never high on my list. I found a suspicious spot on my leg and after hearing good things about Dr. Sanders from a friend I made an appointment. I was able to get right in and when I arrived the receptionist was super friendly and made me feel very comfortable. (The fresh coffee and cookies helped too!) Then I was brought right in to see the doc and he immediately made a connection with me. He checked me from head to toe and luckily there was nothing to worry about!
in Sebastian, Florida 32978 |
Dr. Sanders and his whole staff are great! I had bad acne when I was younger, which resulted in scarring. I chose to have chemical peels, which has helped tremendously. I also had a little scare with a mole I had, and thought I had skin cancer, thankfully it wasn't, but I still had it removed. Dr. Sanders used to be with Treasure Coast Dermatology, where I originally went, and then he opened his own practice, and I followed him there. I will not go anywhere else. Very friendly and professional!
in Vero Beach, FL |
you do not get to see the doctor. you see his p.a. you see the doctor only to have surgery and then they try to push you into expensive MOH's surgery even if it isn't necessary. they wanted me to do MOH's on a small spot on my ankle which would have cost thousands. instead I drove to Ft. Lauderdale to see my previous dermatologist and he removed the spot in 5 minutes and it ended up costing me $112. they seem more concerned with running up a large bill then what is best for the patient.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Sanders, MD?
Are you Dr. Sanders?