Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO

Practices Gastroenterology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 33 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Ricker came to me highly recommended and I was not disappointed... My procedure when very smoothy and my results were favorable.. As important to me was the care I got from the support staff at the Surgical Center, I woiuld like to say thank you to Amy, she was very professional and generous with her time....
Author:
Both myself and my husband had a colonoscopy done by Dr Ricker , we would like to say that from the initial visit to our follow up we were treated with courtesy and the whole procedure explained to us. Any questions we had were answered promptly by his professional team. We would highly recommend Dr Ricker, a very kind and outstanding physician.
Author:
Dr. J. Ricker is a great Gastroenterologist. I feel very comfortable with him and respects the way in which he always asks how I've been feeling, making eye contact, which to me is very important. I trust him and feel confident that he has my best interest at heart when it comes to my health. If and when I have questions to ask him, he usually takes the time to explain or draws me a picture so that I can see the problem more clearly. I would recommend Dr. Ricker to anyone who is need of his service.
Author:
I RECENTLY HAD AN APPOINTMENT AT DOC JONATHAN RICKERS. WHILE CHECKING OUT I SAW WHERE YOU COULD LEAVE ,A LITTLE NOTE ABOUT THE GOOD BAD OR ULGY EXPERINCE YOU HAD WITH THE FOLKS IN THE OFFICEI . I AM THANKFUL, TO KNOW HIS STAFF MEMBERS IT CAN BE NERVE RACKING GOING TO SEE ANY DOC. I BELIEVE HAVING A TEAM LIKE RICKERS OFFICE, HELP'S TO EASE SOME OF OUR FEARS OF WHAT MIGHT BE, OR, WHAT IS TO COME.YOU CAN TRUST THAT THEY WILL GUIDE YOU , AND KEEP YOU INFORMED OF THE TEST U WILL NEED THE TIME THE PLACE,AND WHAT TO EXPECT. YOU GOTTA ASK YOURSELF,DOES THIS GREAT TEAM FLOW EFFORTLESS , DUE TO WORKING FOR AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR ? OR IS THERE SOME GREAT OFFICE MANAGER BEHIND THE SCENES??? I WANNA SAY WHEN ONE WORKS IN AN OFFICE MADE OF MANY DIFFERENT EMPLOYEE'S . YOU MUST HAVE A HIGH SET OF MORRIALS, AS WELL AS TO BE WILLING , TO TAKE ON THE TASK WITH EACH NEW DAY , WITH A SMILE AND COMPASSION. OFFICE WORK IS GRUNT WORK GRUELING AT TIMES. SO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU AWSOMENESS !!! D BURSON
Author:
Simply the best that is Dr Jonathan Ricker. He is kind, very knowledgeable and very caring. If there is an award to be given, please give it to Dr Ricker. He is the only Dr who found the problem my daughter had and cured her. Her name is Christina Z. and Dr Jonathan Ricker is a true prince. I'm so glad he is our doctor and glad he decided to be a doctor. We believe he deserves recognition for the doctor he is and help he has given us and to other patients.
Author:
I recently had a colonoscopy procedure done by Dr. Ricker. It was my 6th screening in the past 25 years. Among those physicians I encountered, Dr. Ricker was one of the best. He gave clear instructions regarding the bowel preparation and information as to the potential risk and recovery care. The procedure at the outpatient center was done promptly and successfully as what I expected.
Author:
Highly recommended! I was recently admitted to the hospital with an emergency GI issue with Dr. Ricker handling my treatment. Tremendous patience and kindness and the utmost of care. He was extremely thorough in answering all of my questions and explaining step by step everything in a clear manner. His diagnosis later proved 100% accurate and after care visits have been top notch. I am so grateful to have had a Doctor that put my needs as a priority and attentively helped in a complete recovery!
Author:
Dr. Ricker is very nice but his front office is rather inept. They do not return phone calls, do not get appointments correctly scheduled, do not follow up on medical records, and when I called from the ER 10 days ago, as Dr. Ricker asked me too, I never heard back from a single person.
Author:
I had a pleasant experience with the time I spent with Dr. Ricker. He was always patient with me when I had ALOT of questions about my condition and what it meant. He also was confident enough and mature enough to admit when he dident know something about a specific question I was asking but he would consult with other doctors to get me an answer. The only reason this is not 5 stars is my experience with the office staff at this clinic was not very good.
Author:
I would recommend Dr. to all of my friends and loved ones. He is very thorough and precise. I have been seeing him for 2 years now and I literally owe my life to him.
Author:
My wife's grandma @ 93, had fallen/broken her arm. She never bounced back & ended up in the hospital nearing the end. Unable to eat & stomach pain, Dr. Ricker was consulted. A PEG tube was discussed, but she had said before she did not want this. Dr. Ricker was able to make the point that doing this would not change her path. The family was indecisive & this cleared everything. Mimi was able to pass in peace w/o undo pain. Thank you Dr. Ricker for your compassion & honesty.
Author:
I was diagnosed with rectal cancer as a result of my colonoscopy. Dr. Ricker referred me to an oncologist and surgeon within a week so I was able to begin treatment immediately. Dr. Ricker is an excellent doctor.
Author:
Very disappointed. After Dr. Ricker reviewed my case he was to arrange my treatment. After waiting six wks. I scheduled an appointment to see what was going on, I was instead sent to another Dr. at the center who also never followed thru either. The office don't answer calls and hardly ever returns calls. I went to a new Dr. and got my information I needed the same day. Very disappointed with Dr. Ricker and So. Hills Gastroenterology
Author:
He is Extremely thorough asks questions answers questions listens. He came up with a solution that no one else did. He call on a Sunday at 8 am because he knew that I was concerned. That just does not happen these days.
Author:
The Dr. is very good. His staff are the worst. On my 1st visit Staff whwete not helpfull. I had an appointment said 3/6 10:30 I arrive at 10 and was told my appoint wastnt till3/8 I asked for a copy of my biopsy. they gave other papers. I will never go back there again
Author:
Dr. Ricker calls me back the same day when I have a question or concern. He is easy to talk to and showed concern for my condition by ordering an array of tests to get to the bottom of my condition.
Author:
Dr Ricker is a great doctor. Easy to talk to , listens and shows concern. You will not be disappointed with his service. 5 stars. Thank You.
Author:
Dr. Ricker is the BEST!! He takes time to answer questions and explains tests, etc. very clearly. He is very efficient and will order other tests to make sure which treatment to proceed with and is very easy to talk to. Usually we have been early for appointments and have not had to wait, actually taken in prior to appointment time. I would recommend Dr. Ricker with no hesitation! I am very pleased that I was referred to him and put all my trust in him. Thank you Dr. Ricker Ronald D.
Author:
For myself being on Medicaid, you are not able to pick and choose who will care for you, when you fall ill. Sometimes there is no doctor willing to care for the less fortunate. By grace, Dr Ricker accepted my Medicaid from the first visit. There is a quote, " Nobility is not a birth right, it's defined by ones actions". Thanks again Doc! May you be blessed.
Author:
Dr. Ricker is one of the greatest doctors I have had in my lifetime. If you have to see a gastro,and your one of the folks with Medicaid, may I suggest him for your health needs. He is so professional, and so full of knowledge, you can breathe easy knowing you are in great hands. From the first visit and through all the tests and surgeries, I am so grateful.It's hard to know what or how to thank someone enough. Thanks Doc for going the distance in a race you never had to run! Continued...
Author:
I was told three years ago by another doctor that I would not be able to try any other treatments if the nasty shots and pills that made me so sick didn't work. Then I was referred to Dr Ricker at South Hills. Dr Ricker is amazing. A true Healer. He listened to my issues, explained all the tests and procedures and so far -- CURED ME OF HEPC. I will stick with him to help me through all the liver damage that was done before I met him. Thank You, Doc!
Author:
I transferred to Jonathan after an unfavorable experience with another G.I. doctor in town. The level of attention and care I received from Jonathan was a night and day difference from the previous G.I. doctor. I have been to Mayo Clinic in Phoenix a couple of times and I can say that the level of care and skill I received from Jonathan rivals or supersedes that which I received a Mayo (which is also great)
Author:
Great doctor? he cares about his patients. He is very humble and compassionate? treats his patients as if they were family. He explained my results and made sure I had an understanding before I left his office.
Author:
Very professional. Very timely. Very friendly. Met with me before the colonoscopy procedure and after the procedure to explain what the procedure would entail and to report on his diagnostic evaluaton.
Author:
Dr. Ricker is amazing! Had a procedure with him and I will not see anyone else.
Author:
Not quite sure why the daughter of a patient seen by Dr. Ricker is reviewing him when she never met Dr Ricker. The reviewer is not even in this state. I feel the need to defend Dr. Ricker against her attack. My experience with Dr Ricker was amazing. Everything was well done, from his office staff, to the staff at the surgical center. He fixed me when no-one else could. I am back to work and loving life. Thank you Dr. Ricker!
Author:
My mother, Joan Hubbard had a consultation with Dr. Ricker on 10/7/16. He was arrogant, sarcastic and repeated questions over and over. My Mother is 77 years old and was treated like a child by this jerk. If you don't like being a Dr get another job. What an incompetent jerk. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.
Author:
Easy to deal with and understand. Dr. Ricker is personable and self confident, without coming across as insincere or arrogant. I feel comfortable and at ease when dealing with him.
Author:
Dr. Ricker was absolutely amazing! He explained everything in detail to me in his office and even in the surgical center as well. After my endoscopic procedure was done, I didn't even have a soar throat, I felt completely fine. My mom and I even to shopping afterwards. I fully trust Dr. Ricker 100% and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a gastroenterology doctor.