Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO

GastroenterologyMaleAge 42

Telehealth services available

South Hills Gastroenterology

825 N Gibson Rd Ste 201 Henderson, NV 89011

Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Henderson, NV. Dr. Ricker has more experience with Pancreatic Disease and Esophageal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center and Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican - Siena Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ricker to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Gastroenterology Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Frequently Treated by Dr. Ricker

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Ricker treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Ricker treats other conditions, please contact the office at (702) 492-1162.

Pancreatic Disease

Pancreatic disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the pancreas, such as pancraetitis.Compare with other Pancreatic Disease specialists.

Treatments
Similar Providers
Pancreatitis
Normal
High
Very High

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Ricker treats at a

high

frequency compared to similar providers

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

• Duodenal Polypectomy
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Eosinophilic Esophagitis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Ricker accepts

Dr. Ricker accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Ricker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ricker

3.9

Dr. Ricker?
  • Listened & answered questions (23)
  • Office environment (23)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (23)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
I am a 79 year old senior man. I have what I consider to be the absolute best Primary doctor in the valley who referred me to Dr. Ricker. I needed a variety of different tests and a hands on physical examination by an expert to determine what was causing my stomach issues. I have had a history in my earlier life of having to have polyps removed from my colon. Dr. Ricker is outstanding. He walked me through my tests and explained in precise detail what was going on with me. Within two weeks I received a follow-up phone call from a staff member for Dr. Ricker in order to schedule a phone follow-up with Dr. Ricker. He was checking up on me. I was impressed. I highly recommend Dr, Ricker. Bernard McCall. May 20th, 2020
Bernard McCall – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Dr. Ricker is a wonderful doctor. From my first visit and forward, he made me feel comfortable and cared for when discussing my medical issues. He is an excellent listener, asks questions for clarification and is efficiently discusses all exams necessary. During the follow-up appointment, Dr. Ricker discussed the results and explained everything until all of my questions were answered. He is very patient, kind and trustworthy. I highly recommend Dr. Ricker as your future gastroenterologist.
Georgia Snyder – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Seemed like he didn't care at all during the diagnosis. " you probably have an ulcer but do i care if its not bleeding? not really. I'll see you in a month keep taking the medicine" First off, he didn't prescribe me anything! The "medicine" he's talking about is over the counter famotidine... Seems like he's only in this profession for the money. Doesn't care for new patients.. I would recommend if you enjoy wasting your time and not getting the help you need. I wish I can put 0 stars because I've never seen someone so uninterested and has no empathy towards someone in pain... I wish he sees this and reevaluates how he does his practice because that's not what your profession is. But again, he is only in healthcare for the money it seems. Goodluck to anyone new going to him...
You shouldnt be a doctor Jon – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
I agree with a previous review. Terrible bedside manner...didn't respond to my goid morning...not even a grunt. Rude beyond belief! Felt like a paycheck and nothing more. Was not briefed after procedure. Will not be back.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Las Vegas, NV – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
He rushed me through as fast as possible. Had a horrible bedside manner. I will be looking for someone else. He treats you like you just part of a hard of cattle to run thru. He did a procedure on me and acted like a jerk.
AJ – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Dr. Ricker came to me highly recommended and I was not disappointed... My procedure when very smoothy and my results were favorable.. As important to me was the care I got from the support staff at the Surgical Center, I woiuld like to say thank you to Amy, she was very professional and generous with her time....
Perry Coyle – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Both myself and my husband had a colonoscopy done by Dr Ricker , we would like to say that from the initial visit to our follow up we were treated with courtesy and the whole procedure explained to us. Any questions we had were answered promptly by his professional team. We would highly recommend Dr Ricker, a very kind and outstanding physician.
Ardella Moules – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Dr. J. Ricker is a great Gastroenterologist. I feel very comfortable with him and respects the way in which he always asks how I've been feeling, making eye contact, which to me is very important. I trust him and feel confident that he has my best interest at heart when it comes to my health. If and when I have questions to ask him, he usually takes the time to explain or draws me a picture so that I can see the problem more clearly. I would recommend Dr. Ricker to anyone who is need of his service.
Aug 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
I RECENTLY HAD AN APPOINTMENT AT DOC JONATHAN RICKERS. WHILE CHECKING OUT I SAW WHERE YOU COULD LEAVE ,A LITTLE NOTE ABOUT THE GOOD BAD OR ULGY EXPERINCE YOU HAD WITH THE FOLKS IN THE OFFICEI . I AM THANKFUL, TO KNOW HIS STAFF MEMBERS IT CAN BE NERVE RACKING GOING TO SEE ANY DOC. I BELIEVE HAVING A TEAM LIKE RICKERS OFFICE, HELP'S TO EASE SOME OF OUR FEARS OF WHAT MIGHT BE, OR, WHAT IS TO COME.YOU CAN TRUST THAT THEY WILL GUIDE YOU , AND KEEP YOU INFORMED OF THE TEST U WILL NEED THE TIME THE PLACE,AND WHAT TO EXPECT. YOU GOTTA ASK YOURSELF,DOES THIS GREAT TEAM FLOW EFFORTLESS , DUE TO WORKING FOR AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR ? OR IS THERE SOME GREAT OFFICE MANAGER BEHIND THE SCENES??? I WANNA SAY WHEN ONE WORKS IN AN OFFICE MADE OF MANY DIFFERENT EMPLOYEE'S . YOU MUST HAVE A HIGH SET OF MORRIALS, AS WELL AS TO BE WILLING , TO TAKE ON THE TASK WITH EACH NEW DAY , WITH A SMILE AND COMPASSION. OFFICE WORK IS GRUNT WORK GRUELING AT TIMES. SO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU AWSOMENESS !!! D BURSON
DENNISE3 BURSON – Jul 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Simply the best that is Dr Jonathan Ricker. He is kind, very knowledgeable and very caring. If there is an award to be given, please give it to Dr Ricker. He is the only Dr who found the problem my daughter had and cured her. Her name is Christina Z. and Dr Jonathan Ricker is a true prince. I'm so glad he is our doctor and glad he decided to be a doctor. We believe he deserves recognition for the doctor he is and help he has given us and to other patients.
Apr 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
I recently had a colonoscopy procedure done by Dr. Ricker. It was my 6th screening in the past 25 years. Among those physicians I encountered, Dr. Ricker was one of the best. He gave clear instructions regarding the bowel preparation and information as to the potential risk and recovery care. The procedure at the outpatient center was done promptly and successfully as what I expected.
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Highly recommended! I was recently admitted to the hospital with an emergency GI issue with Dr. Ricker handling my treatment. Tremendous patience and kindness and the utmost of care. He was extremely thorough in answering all of my questions and explaining step by step everything in a clear manner. His diagnosis later proved 100% accurate and after care visits have been top notch. I am so grateful to have had a Doctor that put my needs as a priority and attentively helped in a complete recovery!
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Dr. Ricker is very nice but his front office is rather inept. They do not return phone calls, do not get appointments correctly scheduled, do not follow up on medical records, and when I called from the ER 10 days ago, as Dr. Ricker asked me too, I never heard back from a single person.
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
I had a pleasant experience with the time I spent with Dr. Ricker. He was always patient with me when I had ALOT of questions about my condition and what it meant. He also was confident enough and mature enough to admit when he dident know something about a specific question I was asking but he would consult with other doctors to get me an answer. The only reason this is not 5 stars is my experience with the office staff at this clinic was not very good.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
I would recommend Dr. to all of my friends and loved ones. He is very thorough and precise. I have been seeing him for 2 years now and I literally owe my life to him.
yvonne wells in pahrump, NV – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
My wife's grandma @ 93, had fallen/broken her arm. She never bounced back & ended up in the hospital nearing the end. Unable to eat & stomach pain, Dr. Ricker was consulted. A PEG tube was discussed, but she had said before she did not want this. Dr. Ricker was able to make the point that doing this would not change her path. The family was indecisive & this cleared everything. Mimi was able to pass in peace w/o undo pain. Thank you Dr. Ricker for your compassion & honesty.
LAS VEGAS, NV – Jan 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
I was diagnosed with rectal cancer as a result of my colonoscopy. Dr. Ricker referred me to an oncologist and surgeon within a week so I was able to begin treatment immediately. Dr. Ricker is an excellent doctor.
Henderson, NV – Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
Very disappointed. After Dr. Ricker reviewed my case he was to arrange my treatment. After waiting six wks. I scheduled an appointment to see what was going on, I was instead sent to another Dr. at the center who also never followed thru either. The office don't answer calls and hardly ever returns calls. I went to a new Dr. and got my information I needed the same day. Very disappointed with Dr. Ricker and So. Hills Gastroenterology
Charles C in Henderson, NV – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
He is Extremely thorough asks questions answers questions listens. He came up with a solution that no one else did. He call on a Sunday at 8 am because he knew that I was concerned. That just does not happen these days.
Norma Bartel in 3067 Kennewick dr – Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?
The Dr. is very good. His staff are the worst. On my 1st visit Staff whwete not helpfull. I had an appointment said 3/6 10:30 I arrive at 10 and was told my appoint wastnt till3/8 I asked for a copy of my biopsy. they gave other papers. I will never go back there again
Deborah Vassallo in Henderson – Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Ricker, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Ricker?

• Gastroenterology