Dr. Jonathan Olsen, DO

Dr. Jonathan Olsen, DO

Allergy & Immunology | Male

The patient is at the center of everything I do. It is my duty to provide exceptional care, an accurate diagnosis, and superior treatment options while providing recommendations based on the current scientific evidence for allergic and immunologic conditions. I am committed to personalizing treatment plans that meet the patient's needs while respecting their values and preferences. This team-based approach is very important to me.

I specialize in allergy, asthma, and immunology and see both children and adults and have experience treating allergies, asthma, severe eczema, immunodeficiencies, and hereditary angioedema in addition to other allergic and immunologic conditions. I am board certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology as well as the American Board of Internal Medicine. I attended Brigham Young University where I received a B.S. in Neuroscience and attended A.T. Still University – Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine where I received my D.O. in 2010. I completed my internal medicine residency at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix in 2013 and completed my allergy, asthma, and immunology fellowship training at Creighton University in 2015. I am a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. I am also a member of the Joint Council of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the American Medical Association. I am a native of Utah and grew up in Lehi, UT. I enjoy living life to the fullest with my wonderful wife and three delightful daughters. We enjoy playing games, hiking, watching paragliders, and having movie night together. I am also an avid runner and hope to one day travel the world.

Dr. Olsen's Experience

See how Dr. Olsen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Olsen

Dr. Olsen accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Olsen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Olsen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Olsen to family and friends
    Dr. Olsen Says:

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback that will be shared with others.  I am continuously looking for ways to improve all of my patients' experiences in my clinical practice.  If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact the clinic so that we may work to resolve any issues.

Dr. Olsen's Performance
    in West Jordan, UT |
    Dr. Olsen is fantastic. He is very personable, professional, and was good about making sure I understood everything regarding treatment, costs, etc. However, there's more.As I described my symptoms, I mentioned one that I thought was related to my allergies. He stopped in his tracks, and spent 10 minutes discussing this issue, which he thought was cardiac related. He went so far as to have a receptionist see if another doctor could see me that day. Dr. Olsen genuinely cares about your health
    in South Jordan, UT |
    I loved Dr. Olson! I felt like he spent a lot of time with me, and was very thorough. He really got to know me, and answered all my questions. He recommended a lot of things that would help. And he very friendly! I would recommend him to anyone! In fact, I just made an appt. for my husband.
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    My daughter is doing the OIT peanut allergy program and we are so thrilled to be able to finally do something to treat her allergy. Dr Olsen is very nice and all that a doctor should be. We have had quite a few bad experiences with doctors and it is great to work with a good one
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I would recommend Dr Olsen to anyone who has food allergies. He is very skilled at treating food allergies. He offers treatment options that other allergists don't offer. He is very friendly and easy to talk to.
    in Springville, UT |
    My 10 year old twin sons just completed the OIT program for their peanut allergies and we are thrilled with the results! We started the program at the Layton office and then transferred to the new Murray office about half way through. I found both Dr Olsen and Dr Jones to be kind and knowledgeable. The staff in each office were also great to work with. I would highly recommend the OIT program to anyone with life threatening food allergies. We will be back for round two (tree nuts) soon.
    Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Olsen, DO?
    Are you Dr. Olsen?

Dr. Olsen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Olsen says...

• Allergy testing (skin, in-vitro)
    • Hives (urticaria)
    • Unexplained swelling (hereditary angioedema)
    • History-allergy test correlation
    • Asthma diagnosis and management - including bronchoprovocation testing (e.g. exercise, methacholine)
    • Environmental control instructions
    • Immunotherapy
    • Food allergy treatment
    • Eczema or atopic dermatitis management
    • Immunomodulator therapy (e.g. anti-IgE, IVIG)
    • Venom immunotherapy
    • Food and drug challenges
    • Drug allergy testing and desensitization
    • Evaluation of immune competence
    • Education (disease, medications, monitoring)
    • Management of chronic or recurrent conditions where allergy is not always identified – such as rhinosinusitis, conjunctivitis, asthma, cough, urticaria/angioedema, eczema, anaphylaxis

Dr. Olsen says...

• Skin prick allergy testing and intradermal testing
    • Pulmonary function tests
    • Drug desensitizations
    • Vaccinations
    • Patch testing

Dr. Olsen says...

Dr. Olsen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
    •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine
    •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Olsen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Olsen's Board Certifications

• Allergy & Immunology

• Acute Sinusitis
    • Allergic Rhinitis
    • Anaphylaxis
    • Angioedema
    • Asthma
    • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
    • Bronchitis
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Chronic Sinusitis
    • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
    • Dermatitis

Creighton University

Completed in 2015

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Olsen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olsen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy & Immunology