Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD

Family Medicine ·  Male · Age 40

11 Reviews

Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD is a family medicine specialist in Poulsbo, WA. He specializes in family medicine.

More Family Practitioners at Doctors Clinic Poulsbo

Dr. Mendelsohn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mendelsohn

3.5

Dr. Mendelsohn?
Dr. Mendelsohn's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD
We LOVE Dr. Mendelsohn! I'm quite persnickety about my doctors and was reticent to take my elderly dad to a family practice doctor rather than an internist or gerontologist. I was dead-wrong! Dr. Mendelsohn is brilliant, insightful, highly skilled, knowledgeable, and has wonderful, lovely common sense. He is one of those people who are just tuned-in and always "on" - high energy, cheerful, empathetic - lovely, lovely man and highly skilled doctor. My dad is 98 now; he's been seeing Dr. Mendelsohn since the Poulsbo office lost their internist. I quickly saw that he was exactly what we needed. He has provided excellent care and put the brakes on tests that another doctor recommended for Dad that were unpleasant and pointless. Dad is doing great and loves his doctor. ALSO - Dr. Mendelsohn is VERY good at steroid injections for carpal tunnel - spared me months of agony whilst waiting for surgery. He said "I love doing this." It shows! I highly recommend Dr. Mendelsohn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD?
I went to urgent care when, unfortunately, Dr. Mendelsohn, was on shift. I had a brutal cough, fever, and was starting to cough up blood. He spent less than 5 minutes with me, didn't do an x-ray, and kept telling me that the blood was 'from coughing too hard' despite the fact that I insisted it was significant amounts and presenting apart from anything else I was coughing up. He would not listen and sent me on my way. Two days later I was diagnosed with advanced pneumonia.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD?
Simply put, Dr. Mendelsohn is excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD?
Dr. Mendelsohn listens to his patients & involves his patients in healthcare decisions. He is relentless in exploring treatments for difficult issues, & solved a puzzling medical concern for me. He is very friendly, amicable. In addition to being very competent, he Demonstrates empathy & compassion or his patients & their family. Represents the best kind of family practioner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD?
Arrogant, impatient, rushed & cranky. Would not recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Mendelsohn, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mendelsohn?

Dr. Mendelsohn accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Mendelsohn has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(360) 362-0804Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Mendelsohn treats your condition or procedure

I am dedicated to the practice of high quality, compassionate primary care medicine that honors the body, mind and spirit of each person and family that walks through my door. I strive for an individual approach to each patient, working to tailor a t...

Brown University Memorial Hospital Of Rhode Island
Ben Gurion University of The Negev / Faculty of Health Science

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mendelsohn treats patients.

64% Patient experience rating, 5% lower than the national average