Family Medicine  |
Dr. Jonathan McCoy, MD
Dr. Jonathan McCoy, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Hanover, MD. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. McCoy is affiliated with Baltimore Washington Medical Center.

7550 Teague Rd Ste 107

Hanover, MD 21076

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. McCoy

Dr. McCoy's Experience

Dr. McCoy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

Dr. McCoy does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Emory University School Of Med

Dr. McCoy has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McCoy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McCoy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McCoy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McCoy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McCoy to family and friends
3.9
Dr. McCoy's Performance
Ellicott City, MD |
I actually see another doctor in the practice, who is great, but I agree with other commenters that the front office staff is terrible. They don't answer the phone or return calls and one time they left me sitting in the waiting room for half an hour because I was wearing a skirt and they thought I "was a pharmaceutical sales person." I've started seeing my doctor at the Millersville office and everyone there is cheerful and wonderful.
in Harwood, MD |
Dr. McCoy is a wonderful doctor. My problem is with his new staff. They are awful. It seems you can never speak to a live person and you can leave multiple messages. Around a week later you will receive a call back from Purina/Adreana (?) and she will basically try to justify not calling back by saying that she never received a call from you! Based on this and the urgency that I needed a quick call back, I may have to change physicians. Dr. McCoy please revamp your staff !!!!!!
in Severn, MD |
My family and I have been with Dr. McCoy for over 3 or 4 years. He is an exceptional Doctor. He is knowledgeable, informative, he remembers you and what ever you issues and test results are and he has a great sense of humor . He actually cares about us, (love his style). I have and will recommend him to friends, family and strangers I talk to here or there. As for his staff, there are some issue with them, but i rather tolerate them in order to get the best care from a doctor my family trust.
in Glen Burnie, MD |
I've been a Dr Mc Coy patient for years...love his professionalism but unfortunately his practice do not accept Tricare Prime and I changed my health Insurance. I wish he could :(
in Glen Burnie, MD |
I cannot fault Dr McCoy; he is a thoughtful and caring physician, I gave three stars because his admin staff is horrible! There is no way to call and talk to a human being; messages are very often given no response--or they might call back in a couple of days. If you can't afford the time to go to the office and stand at the desk, don't go to this office.
in Pasadena, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr McCoys for about 10 years. He is a fantastic Dr. But for the past 2 years his staff has changed for the worst. Over the past 3 days I have left 5 messages. They don't return calls and you can not speak to a person. They don't have any sense of urgency. Then they have pharmaceutical reps come in and interrupt Dr. McCoy taking up his time making patients wait for 30 - 45 minutes. This lack of customer service is pushing me to find another Primary care Physician
in Severn, MD |
Dr. Mc Coy is a very caring physician. I am very unhappy with his staff. You leave a message and they do not return your call. When I complained to Arena she made several excuses as to why after 5 days she did not return my call as stated on the recording.
in Hanover, MD |
Becoming a patient isn't hard, and everything done in the office is prompt, but if you need to speak to the office quickly about anything by phone-- forget about it! Speaking to a person by phone is not possible. I hate to give a bad review, but their phone service, or lack there of, may have me seeking a new practice soon.
Hanover, MD |
After waiting more than 1 hour in the patient room waiting for the Doctor for my annual checkup and with no explanation from his staff as to what was keeping him, I got up and told the receptionist I was leaving. My time is valuable. Her comment was - don't you want to see the Doctor. I said my bloodwork is normal just have him call in my prescription renewals. He charged me for an office visit even though I never saw the Doctor and he didn't even call me to apologize. I will not be going back
Best doctor I have ever been treated by. Compassionate, caring, very through.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan McCoy, MD?
Are you Dr. McCoy?

Blue Preferred PPO
    CareFirst Maryland POS
  • CoreSource
    Southern Health PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Life