Dr. Jonathan Matthew, MD

Dr. Jonathan Matthew, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Jonathan Matthew, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in West Hills, CA. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Matthew is affiliated with West Hills Hospital & Medical Center and Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center.

Dr. Matthew's Experience

See how Dr. Matthew's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Matthew

Dr. Matthew accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Matthew has admitting privileges.

Dr. Matthew's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Matthew to family and friends
    Dr. Matthew's Performance
    West Hills, CA |
    Professional and knowledgeable, yet friendly, I highly recommend Dr. Jonathan Matthew.
    in Agoura Hills, CA |
    Of all the doctors I have ever had, Dr. Matthew is far & away the best doctor of all. Extremely knowledgeable, great bedside manner, very compassionate. Takes the time to listen to you as a patient & answer your questions.
    North Hills, CA |
    Absolutely, first rate!....caring & concerned .... took time to reassure patient that this was a very easy procedure....
    Sherman Oaks, CA |
    I haven't seen Dr. Matthew in two years! I really liked Dr. Matthew! But two things made me decide to have my next colonoscopy elsewhere. (1) I had a Colonoscopy and an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy together and when I woke up in the surgical center under me was a sheet covered in fecal matter! I had a Capsule Endoscopy study. I was told it would take a week or two to read the results and get back to me. After Four weeks and no response from Dr. Matthew I called for a faxed copy of my results.
    in Northridge |
    I have had nothing but the best consultations and exams by Dr. Matthew for the last few years. He is very personable and professional. I highly recommend him.
    in Winnetka, CA |
    Best doctor ever. He is kind, patient, understanding. I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to medical exams and tests and he is extremely patient with me. He explains everything and puts me at ease. He sits and talks to me as if he has all the time in the world. I highly recommend him and have referred him to friends and family.
    in Calabasas, Ca. |
    Dr. Matthew has been my doctor for well on 30 years. He has served as general health care physician as well as my Gastroenterologist. Always through he takes the time to clarify any concerns or questions. I credit him with helping save my life when my colon ruptured. He was instrumental in getting me cared for properly.
    I've been a patient with Dr. Matthew for several years. I highly recommend him as he is a thorough, sensitive, kind man. I go to him for colonoscopies and he always takes the time to explain everything. I've never felt rushed during the office visit as well as the day of my procedure.
    Escondido, CA |
    I don't have local family & moved. This="1 star." However that would not be fair. To public, I would recommend Dr. Matthew. "5 stars." However I only met him once I think. I was scheduled for out patient surgery then his practice dropped my insurance. So surgery was not rescheduled, and instead was cancelled. They use "assumption close" on surgeries. I got run around from West Hills Hospital out patient surgery about cost share. Ref's to doctor. Scheduler ref'd back to hospital. Dead end.
    in Calabasas |
    Dr. Matthew is a terrific doctor. He answered all of my questions and put me at ease for my upcoming procedure. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
    in Pasadena, CA |
    Dr. Matthew was very pleasant and courteous and explained the entire procedure to me. After the surgery, he came and explained the outcome and answered all of my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Matthew.
    Canoga Park, CA |
    Dr. Matthew is professional and thorough. He is easy to talk to and it's easy to understand his recommendations for continued care.
    in Westlake Village CA |
    I am pleased with Dr. Mathew and his staff. He is alway ready to answer all my questions and concerns. I have several family members as patients and they all are very pleased.
    Thousand Oaks, CA |
    Great follow up and care. Stays on top of my healthcare needs and my progress.
    in Woodland Hills, CA |
    Dr. Matthew has been my doctor for almost thirty years. He has gotten me through several serious issues, and I hope will continue to do so. I give him the highest possible recommendation.
    Monterey Park, CA |
    Very personable and easy to communicate with. Highly recommend.
    in West Hills, CA |
    My favorite Doctor of all time!! He takes his time to make me feel better ever single time I see him. I respect him so much and value his opinion as a Doctor but as person he is the nicest, warmest and caring person ever! Dr. Matthew makes me feel like he actually cares for my health. Every time I tell him that he's the best Doctor ever he couldn't be any more humble. All doctors should be like him. Staff always is professional and office is always clean. I love this office!! They rock!!
    Chatsworth, CA |
    Friendly, professional, funny, non-judgmental. Very professional, LISTENS.
    Calabasas, CA |
    Amazing doctor. Doesn't perform tests you don't need but definitely takes care of any concerns or issues his patients are dealing with. I wish all doctors were this knowledgeable and professional. He helped me with a hard diagnosis and made a very difficult situation so much easier.
    Chatsworth, CA |
    Great attitude and knows how to figure it out.Dr. Matthew explains his course of action and next steps if one doesn't work.
    in Agoura Hills, CA |
    Dr. Matthew has been our physician for over a decade & his attention historically to our family of 5, has been exceptional. Highly recommended especially for intestinal maladies.
    in Woodland Hills, CA |
    He is the old fashioned doctor who takes the time to listen, and explain everything clearly and does a great job of follow-up. The customer service attitude of the office is excellent. I was concerned that my thermometer was inaccurate. My primary care office refused to check it without making an appointment even though I had just left their urgent care. Even though I see Dr. Matthew ocasionally, his office cheerfully did so on the spot.
    Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Matthew, MD?
    Are you Dr. Matthew?

Dr. Matthew's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Matthew has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Matthew's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
    • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
    • Gastric Ulcer
    • Gastritis
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

University Of California Los Angeles

Completed in 1981

UCLA/Wadsworth Va

Completed in 1983

Dr. Matthew does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Matthew and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Fecal Impaction Removal