Dr. Jonathan Hott, MD

Phoenix, AZ 85020

• Health Net

Learn about Dr. Hott

Dr. Hott's Experience

Dr. Hott's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Spine Barrow Neurological Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • National Institutes of Health
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Dr. Hott has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Hott is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Hott's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hott to family and friends
Dr. Hott's Performance
in Cottonwood, AZ |
It has been almost a year since Dr. Hott performed a cervical spine fusion on me and I couldn't be more pleased. I have none of the pain I had before whenever I would lift items or do physical labor. I just turned 61 and feel I am in better shape due to my surgery than 5-10 years ago. I highly recommend Dr. Hott for his expertise, follow-up and generally his office for their kindness and caring.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Hott gave me a second chance at life. Surgery on the L2, L3 & L4 relieved the debilitating pain in my hamstring muscles causing loss of sleep, loss of mobility and was starting to cause bladder control problems and circulation problems. He's honest and has a great personality. I would recommend him to anyone!
in Cave Creek, AZ |
As a physician myself, I can assure you this is a top-notch Neurosurgeon who knows what to do and when and how to do the best of medical and surgical care.. He is truly a superb Neurosurgeon.
in Glendale, AZ |
Could not be happier with the results of the Discectomy Dr. Hott performed in January of 2017. Cathy, Heather, and Dr. Hott helped me through the entire process. Even dealing with my recent Insurance change they managed to not delay the surgery. This is my second surgery from Dr. Hott. The first one was a broke C2 in my neck that he screwed back together. Unbelievably good. I would recommend to anyone.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Unless you are a candidate for immediate surgery, Dr Hott's office is not interested in having you make an appointment.
in Phoenix, AZ |
This was my first surgery. I had lost feeling in both arms and hands due to bones pushing directly on my spinal cord. He explained what had to be done and made me feel relaxed. I have the use of my arms again and am back to myself. He helped make the whole process comfortable. Great doctor.
in Glendale, AZ |
I experienced pins and needles pain in my right arm for many months that PT and home traction did not relieve. Eventually, some of the fingers in my right hand began to lose feeling and that's when I was convinced surgery was needed. Dr. Hott did an anterior cervical disectomy with fusion (ACDF) which relieved the pain immediately. My recovery has been without complication. He gave me confidence that he knew what he was doing and I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to him for neurosurgery.
in Phoenix, AZ |
HAIL THEE SURGEON Earl Vincent de Berge Hail thee Dr. Hott, you make me whole again ... or whole enough to do the stuff that makes a man love to live ... work with his hands walk a straight line apply a tool walk in nature’s bounty and share life, love and friends with my Suzanne. EVdB 2017 March (Thanks to Stephen Crane for the nub)
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Hott and his staff are excellent. I never once felt rushed into any decisions or that I was being "processed" into treatment. They all took the time to explain and outline expectations and recovery for surgery, to the point that I was comfortable with what was happening.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I could not have been more satisfied and appreciative of Dr. Hott's knowledge, professionalism, &total reversal of my problem!! I am a 44 year old female. My spinal problem started as, what I thought was, a bad pillow. It very quickly turned to a point of massive pain, which I have never experienced before. After an MRI showed a definite herniated disc from my cervical spine, I was lucky enough to have the emergency surgery services of Dr. Hott at Honor Health Hospital PHX. SO GRATEFUL!!
in Tempe, AZ |
I woke up from surgery pain free! The surgery Dr. Jonathan S. Hott performed on me is called ACDF with Fusion. Dr. Hott is an incredibly gifted surgeon and loves what he does – improving his patient’s quality of life. He answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns. The morning of my surgery Dr. Hott spent time with me and my family just talking, he even had me laughing - I found this very comforting. I highly recommend Dr. Jonathan S. Hott; he is an amazing surgeon and a fine person.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Hott is an EXCELLENT Surgeon that is knowledgeable, easy to talk to and very professional. He was very informative, understanding, and took time to listen to my concerns, while answering all of my questions. I HIGHLY Recommend him!
in Peoria, AZ |
After being unable to manage my pain any longer, my pain dr recommended I talk to Dr. Hott. She said he was superbly trained and she considered him among the very best. Dr. Hott took the time from the very first visit to help put my fears to rest, deal with the reasons surgery concerned me and discuss other options. Every visit after the surgery he has listened and adjusted my plan to help me recover better. I just wish I had met him and had this surgery sooner. His office staff are the best!
in Phoenix, AZ |
10 years of back problems, 2 years with a deteriorating spondylolisthesis, chiro, P.T. and back specialist and M.R.I. finally agreed surgery was needed. I found Dr. Hott to be exceptionally caring and knowledgeable and chose him to do my L4/L5 laminectomy, pedicle screw fixation, inter-body lumbar fusion. It was an immediate success with no nerve pain after surgery. Within weeks I had surpassed my pre-surgical quality of life exponentially. Dr. Hott and his staff were truly a miracle.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Unbelievable! This is the Doctor for everyone! I wish he specialized in everything! First of all the staff as well as Dr.Hott were fantastic, considering we had to call quite a bit! They were extremely considerit and understanding. I never once felt uncomfortable contacting the office. Dr. Hott was extremely personable and professional but at the same time made me feel comfortable asking as many questions as I felt needed. My husband had 2 surgeries in less than 72 hours, back and neck.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Hott was not only easy to get into, he was also very personable and an exceptional surgeon. You know when the nurses refer him, he's the real deal. I was in pain for over a year. Acupuncture, therapy and epidurals did not fix it. But after having surgery with him, I am 100% pain free. Kathy, his office assistant, goes above and beyond as well.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Hott performed a disc fusion on me. He was informative, understanding, and professional. He took time to listen, time to explain and time to answer all of my questions. This is my only surgery and it went beautifully. Everything went as planned and I healed quickly. I definitely would recommend Dr. Hott.
in Glendale, AZ |
My experience with Dr Hott was perfect. I never waited longer than 5 minutes at office visits. He explained everything about the surgery to me in a way i could understand. I had no second guesses about the surgery. On the day of surgery everything went as I told. Afterwards everything was as told. Obviously their was pain but after being in the Hosp. 1 day I went home. All the pain I experienced in the right arm shoulder and neck prior to the surgery was gone right after surgery.Highly Recommend
in Buckeye, AZ |
Dr. Hott is without a doubt a man with the ability and skill in his field that puts him above most. His skill saved me from a possible fate that could have left me a Quadraplegic due to a protruding vertabre, C-3, that could have severed my spinal cord in the event of even a minor trauma to my neck. I owe this doctor and his excellent staff more than meer words could ever express. Thank you Doctor Hott for giving me back my life.
in Chandler, AZ |
I was looking for the best and Dr. Hott was! Diagnosed with Cervical Spinal Stenosis. Was in a lot of pain and this was imitatively solved with ACDF surgery on C6/C7! I can out of surgery and was feeling great! Dr. Hot knows his stuff and he is a very competent and confident surgeon. If you are contemplating this surgery just get it done. I am over 3 months post op and feeling great. This was a very easy surgery for me. Had the surgery on a Monday and was home on Tuesday! No post op pain!!!!!
Chandler, AZ |
Caring knowledgeable and very professional.
in Helena, MT |
I have numb hands due to pressure on my spinal chord. Dr. Hott performed fusion and plating that has helped me with this problem and I have some feeling back. He is very knowledgeable and was thorough in his communication and recommendations for the surgery. My whole experience was wonderful! Thank you Dr. Hott and your wonderful staff!
in Glendale, AZ |
I had a degenerative disc that Dr. Hott did an ALIF (frontal with less complications) operation on. I had suffered with severe sciatica pain for about seven years. Meds were of no help. I had seen six or more physical therapists, three chiropractors, two acupuncturists, along with massage therapists. I had ten steroid shots over a five year period that would give me a few months of temporary relief. I am now in my 4th month of recovery from a very successful operation (99% pain free).
in Cave Creek, AZ |
Hi. My experience with Dr. Hott has wonderful. I had an emergency surgery 9/24/2015. It has been 6o.s and 1 day. I can hardly wait to ride my horse which I hope next week Dr. Hott turns me loose with some common sense of course. My therapy is going very well. Thank YOU, Dr. Hott
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have suffered from multiple back problems for many years (Stenosis, bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, etc.) and have been seeking relieve from the pain for a long time. Over the last year it became unbearable and I had tried every treatment option out there, short of surgery. I was referred to Dr. Hott and what followed was a series of miracles. Long story short, I am four months post surgery and on the road to recovery thanks to Dr. Hott. I highly recommend this wonderful doctor.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Hott made my experience very comfortable. I was in a good amount of pain for over 6 months with a severely herniated L4-L5. He took his time to explain the entire process of the microdiskectomy. He recommended second opinions if needed and his staff was also reassuring and easy to work with. Very successful procedure and that horrible nerve pain is gone! Nothing but good vibes for Dr. Hott.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I will recommend Dr Hott to anyone that is in need of this speciality. Not only dose he have excellent clinical skills but his bedside manner is amazing. I am a nurse and was reluctant to have spinal fusion, Dr Hott answered all of my questions and put me at ease. Havigng been a nurse in the same city for 20 years I had my choice of any neurosurgeon, Dr. Hott's reputation is exceptional and after meeting with him I knew I was in excellent hands
in Phoenix, AZ |
There are two factors I consider in my review of Jon Hott?s practice, for which I rank him heads and shoulders above all physicians I have consulted over 82 years. First, his surgical technique gets results that eliminated my back pain. Second, his personable approach to patients, with me as a living example, is caring?he exhibits caring big time?and that?s hard to fake. A great Doc, and a great person. Blaine L. Johnson
in Surprise, Arizona |
I had neck surgery December 21, 2015. I LOVE Dr. Hott & his amazing staff. He's very kind, caring and explains everything so you understand the process. If only every Dr was like him.
in Phoenix, Arizona |
Dr. Hott and his staff were available. They answered the phone and if they couldn't answer they returned my call immediately. I was in a tremendous amount of pain and after visiting multiple Doctors, years of Physical Therapy, injections and Doctor Visits, Dr. Hott and his staff took control and found out my problem. Very good experience.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I came to Dr Hott in a lot of pain. I had already underwent a spinal fusion from a different doctor 2 years prior which ended up leaving me in more pain. I am so grateful to Dr Hott and also to my friend that referred me to him. After he performed surgery I knew this time would be different. This is the best I have felt in many many years. He took the time to listen to my concerns and understand the situation I was in. Dr Hott is the only person I will trust with my spinal care from now on.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Hott is the best and I would not trust anybody else but him to care for my medical needs within his specialty. He literally saved me from years of pain in my cervical spine. After surgery I felt better than I have for many many years and I am sooo greatful to him and to my friend who recommended him to me. I will not go to anyone else from here on out for my surgical care.
in Peoria, Az. |
After around 3 years taking epidural shots in my lower back it was time for surgery. Dr Hott made me feel confident in my choice and in his ability to fuse 4 discs in my back. 4 months after surgery I am off all medications and walking several miles every day. I'm glad I was referred to Dr. Hott and very glad he's my surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Hott, MD?
Are you Dr. Hott?