Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO

Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO

Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Sarasota, FL and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Nova Southeastern University College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1996 and specializes in cardiothoracic surgery.Read his story

1540 S Tamiami Trl Ste 303

Sarasota, FL 34239

• Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Dr. Hoffberger accepts

Dr. Hoffberger accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Railroad Medicare
Three Rivers Provider Network
Tricare

Frequently Treated by Dr. Hoffberger

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Hoffberger treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Hoffberger treats other conditions, please contact the office at (941) 917-8791.

Cardiac Surgical Procedures

Cardiac surgery, or heart surgery, is performed to treat issues related to the heart, including congenital defects or damage caused by other conditions, such as blocked arteries or arrhythmias.Compare with other Cardiac Surgical Procedures specialists.

Dr. Hoffberger treats at a

high

frequency compared to similar providers

Based on claims data for 15 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Hoffberger
Similar Providers
Mitral Valve Surgery
Maze Procedure
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
Normal

• Aortic Stenosis
  • Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Atrioventricular Septal Defect (AVSD)
  • Cardiac Tamponade
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Mitral Valve Surgery
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformation
  • Resection of Cardiac Tumor
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Septal Defect

Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger provides quality cardiovascular services for southern Florida. He is a personable, compassionate, professional, and skilled cardiothoracic surgeon.

Dr. Hoffberger is a Florida native, born and raised in North Miami Beach. He graduated from Tulane University College of Biomedical Engineering in 1992....Read more

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

1996
Nova Southeastern University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
1992
Tulane University of Louisiana

Is Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO accepting new patients?

Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Hoffberger's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Hoffberger accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO's top areas of care?

Dr. Hoffberger frequently treats Cardiac Surgical Procedures. See all practice areas where Dr. Hoffberger specializes.

Where is Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO's office located?

Dr. Hoffberger's office is located at 1540 S Tamiami Trl Ste 303, Sarasota, FL 34239. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO offer telehealth services?

Dr. Hoffberger has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?

Dr. Hoffberger's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hoffberger

Dr. Hoffberger

My husband had open heard surgery at SMH. Dr. Hoffberger was recommended by two friends, one of whom had had same procedure. Given the magnitude of this surgery we were obviously concerned. When we left his office after the original consultation, I personally felt more confident than on my way in. Dr Hoffberger took the time to explain what was coming, what should be expected and how all was going to be done. I felt my husband was in good hands and i trusted this man with his life. Surgery went according to plan, and although recovery will be long, it is moving in the right direction So thankful for Dr Hoffberger and his team. Thank you and God continue to bless your hands and your heart.
Baker – Feb 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
Dr Hoffberger is a caring extremley knowledgeable and efficient surgeon. He and his staff put patients at ease and don't rush through appointments I would refer family/friends without hestitation
Nancy – Jan 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
What an exceptional doctor and human being! Dr. Hoffberger saved my husband's life. He is a no nonsense guy who gets the job done. Excellent doctor who loves his job and his patients. The level of care was extraordinary. I cannot say enough good things about this man!!! Brilliant!
Alicia Petril – Nov 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
Dr. Hoffberger performed minimally invasive surgery to replace my aortic valve on March 10th, 2021 at Sarasota Memorial. Everything went according to plan and I was out of bed within 24 hours of having the surgery and had no complications. Its been 20 days since surgery and my recovery has been excellent. Prior to the surgery he spent as much time in his office as I needed explaining my options and his recommendations; and post surgery he was attentive and followed up daily during my stay. His staff is outstanding, responsive and caring. Not having to have the traditional surgical method with chest cracking saved me both pain and more recovery time. As an actual patient, I highly recommend Dr. Hoffberger for his expertise with minimally invasive surgery, his caring attitude and cutting edge methods to deal with heart disease.
Apr 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
I underwent minimally invasive valve surgery on July 14, 2020 at Sarasota Memorial Hospital, with Dr. Hoffberger performing the surgery. A little over a month later, I am able to walk at least a mile a day without trouble. I highly recommend Dr. Hoffberger. I am very pleased with his follow up to my recuperation i
James Wilkinson – Aug 21, 2020
That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing. If...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
EXCELLENT surgeon. Thankyou for saving my life.
Frank cedrone – Jul 16, 2020
Dr. Hoffberger's Reply –
Thank you for the comments!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
My name is Greg and I am a Registered Nurse for close to 30 years. I had a CABG x4 in March of this year. I have had no complications at all and can not express how grateful I am for the professional and compassionate care I received from Dr. Hoffberger and his wonderful staff. His assistant, Paula, walked me through every single pre-op visit and his PA and ARNP were very accomodating. Again thank you for everything.
gregory reasoner – May 04, 2020
Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
Minimally invasive mitral valve repair. Excellent care from entire staff. Surgery Monday AM; home in time for dinner on Thursday. Thank you Dr. Hoffberger for your expertise. Highly recommend.
Frederick in Punta Gorda – Jan 09, 2020
Dr. Hoffberger's Reply –
Very nice to hear, thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
Dr. Hoffberger performed a CABG X 4 and an aortic valve replacement surgery on me and I recovered without experiencing any pain to speak of. Surgery was performed a year ago and I have not had a bad day since.
Sep 03, 2019
Dr. Hoffberger's Reply –
Good to hear! Thanks for commenting
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
I am a 75 year old Female. I had Aortic Valve Stenosis that became Critically Severe over the last 3 years because of my fear of open-heart surgery. Our search led us to Dr. Jonathon Hoffberger at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. He had a better solution, offering a Minimally Invasive approach thru an incision between my ribs under my right arm. He performed the implantation of a new Aortic Valve on June 3,'19, and I walked unassisted into my own home before noon on June 6 with no pain at all. We cannot praise Dr. Hoff's work loudly enough. We regret waiting 3 years. Had we known about him earlier, we would not have delayed doing it sooner. So, if you find yourself in need of a heart surgery procedure, don't delay. Do yourself a favor and make an appointment to see Dr. Jonathon Hoffberger to see if he can resolve your problem in a less invasive way. He and his staff are wonderful, as was the experience at Sarasota Memorial. You won't find better!
Sharon Talton – Jul 27, 2019
Thank you Sharon! We are so grateful for the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
July 11, '19 I'm Male, 79. This year, I've experienced new energy levels, both physical and mental, and am feeling better than I have for years. All thanks to Dr. Hoffberger's open-heart surgery 7 days shy of a year ago, to repair my Mitral Valve and replace my Aortic Valve; both regurgitating severely. In Feb. during an ultrasound exam, the medic said he's done them 30+ years, at places he mentioned including the Cleveland Heart Clinic, and he's not seen work this good. That was good to hear, but I was not surprised. My thanks are inadequate, I'm in debt to Dr. Hoffberger literally for saving my life. None finer!
DG in Bradenton, FL – Jul 12, 2019
That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing. If...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
I am a 77 year old male who had open heart surgery Nov. 20, 2018.If you are in need of a heart surgeon, look no further. Dr. Hoffberger is a gifted surgeon. I met him the first time on a Friday at 4:00PM. I was taken by wheel chair from SMH to his office ( after a catherization procedure) for a consult. I was immediately impressed with his demeanor, confidence ( not cocky) and willingness to help but with no pressure. 10 days later I had my surgery. I made the correct decision... so will you
Mar 24, 2019
Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
Dr. Hoffberger was a godsend...I delayed having my aortic valve replaced for 1 1/2 years...foolish me.....my experience with the Dr.was very successful...he is a man with a confident, personable, compassionate and professional demeanor and a extremely skilled surgeon.....I recommend him highly to anyone in need of his skill.
Zita Suponcic in Bradenton, FL – Mar 05, 2019
Dr. Hoffberger's Reply –
Thank you for the compliment!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
Dr. Hoffberger took on my case, which was urgent (coronary bypass surgery X3), and made me feel immediately comfortable about such a big event in my life. He absolutely did an incredible job, and was professional and personable all the way through release from recovery weeks later. Would (and do) recommend him to everyone I know that needs heart-related surgery.
  • Long wait times
Tim Gilbreath in Sarasota, FL – Oct 22, 2018
Thank you Mr. Gilbreath!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
I can't say enough great things about Dr Hoffberger and his staff. My husband had to have his aortic valve replaced just over a month ago and it went great. Dr. Hoffberger was so wonderful and talented. Husband was out of the hospital in 3 days. SMH is the best place to have this type of surgery and Dr Hoffberger is the best Doc to do it. Staff is very friendly and helpful answered all our questions. Great group of people. Thanks guys for everything.
Leslie Donald in SARASOTA, FL – Jul 24, 2018
Glad to see he's doing so well! Happy to know...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
I recently had a heart valve replacement by Dr Hoffberger, It couldn't have worked out better for me. This kind of major surgery and I was back working in 6 days. I came home after 3 days, I went back to work the sixth day in my home office. And I was off all pain meds including aspirin 6 days after surgery. Special thanks to the Dr Hoffberger's staff, the first few days after coming home I pestered them but they ALWAYS assured me everything is going as expected...
Bernie in Sarasota – Jul 14, 2018
So happy your recovery was smooth and fast! It...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?
Dr. Hoffberger did a mitral valve repair using minimally invasive surgery. His professional expertise and bedside manner were superb. Three weeks from surgery and I am out and about with no pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Hoffberger and his staff for any heart procedures.
Thomas Marko in Sarasota, FL – Nov 17, 2017
Glad you are doing so well, Thomas. Thank you...Read More
Total patient satisfaction.
George in Sarasota, FL – Sep 22, 2017
Thank you George. We are pleased to have been...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Hoffberger, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Hoffberger?