Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jonathan Garino, MD
EDUCATION/TRAINING Undergraduate - Georgetown University M.D. - Georgetown University School of Medicine Internship - New York Orthopaedic Hospital Residency -Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction at the University of Pennsylvania CERTIFICATION Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS American Medical Association American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society INTERESTING FACT Dr. Garino is a designer of the Journey Total Knee Replacement System.

Premier Orthopaedics

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Pennsylvania
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Garino

I have spent the last 18 years gaining significant expertise in all aspects of joint replacement surgery. Using advanced techniques and materials, I strive to provide not only a state of the art replacement, but a state of the art patient experience with a personal touch.

Dr. Garino's Experience

Dr. Garino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Revision of Total Joint
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Georgetown University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Villanova University School Of Business
    Other Education | Completed 2016

• Philadelphia TOP DOC, 2002

Dr. Garino has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Garino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Garino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garino to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Garino's Performance
in West Chester, PA |
I had a MINOR ortho procedure that got infected. They knew it was infected and did not even care to tell me when I ended up in the hospital ( for 8 days and then for 3 more days later) they kicked the canned down and did 3 of the same the procedures with 3 different doctors and this practice did not get care to check on me. They have botched my prescriptions. I have not worked since March 13. My knee is still in pain and probably damaged(according to 2nd opinion).
in Schwenksville, PA |
Dr garino is the best doctor I have met. He was up front and honest with my situations. We together determined a plan of action that started out may 8th with left hip right knee total replacement. The operations booth done on the same time went flawlessly. Dr garino and his support staff went above and beyond any expectation I had. I have 2 procedures left and have full faith in Dr. Garino and his staff.
in Collegeville, PA |
Had one appointment with Dr Guarino for myself to discuss diagnosis of my knees. He seemed kind of pompous, but I had heard good reviews about him. Called to make another appointment to discuss my wife's x-rays of her knees explaining that I would be discussing them since my wife was confined to a wheelchair. When I arrived at his office, I was told by Guarino's receptionist that he would not see me, but had to see my wife. He did not have the courtesy to tell me this himself. Pompous.
Sewell, NJ |
I had 3 different surgeries with Dr. Garino & he is the best. I drove an hour this time to his new practice to stay with him. He is considerate of your questions and fears. He takes time to answer and explain to your level of understanding. He is visible postop and checks in on you often. His hospital team is efficient and those systems run smoothly. His office staff is the same. I just have to deal with doing my PT. I don't have the added stress of worrying that he is doing his job bc he is!
in Chester Springs, PA |
I was very happy with Dr. Garino and the total left knee replacement surgery he performed on me. Very neat and fairly small scar. Prescribed necessary pain medicine to get me through my recovery. Most importantly, I think, he arranged for in-home nursing care and in-home physical therapy the first two weeks after I left the hospital. Since I really didn't know what was normal in my recovery, having these professionals see me and report to him was a great relief to me and for my recovery.
in Chesterbrook, PA |
I broke my right hip September of 2016. Dr. Garino took my case head on and assured me he could fix my hip. This was a modified total hip replacement. Dr. Garino took all the time I needed to ask questions about the surgery and what the outcome would be. Everything he said happened and today, four months surgery and rehab I am back 100%, just like before I broke my hip. Thank you Dr. Garino for getting me back together!
in Williamstown, NJ |
Dr. Garino performed knee replacements on both of my knees. He is the BEST...
in PA |
Dr. Garino's post-surgical treatment of patients is abominable. He lacks the listening skills and compassion to adequately perform his job. He is dismissive of patient views and allows his excessive ego to get in the way of his judgement and decision making. You may or may not have a good surgical outcome with Dr. Garino. If you do, that's great; if you don't have the expected outcome, then don't delay getting to another doctor.
in naples, fl |
I was referred to Dr Garino by the Vice President Reconstruction of Smith & Nephew a Global medical technology company. I first had Surgery in Naples FL where I live on Oct 1, 2014. I broke out with MRSA 13 days later. I had a total of 5 operations from Oct1, 2014 thru September 2015 with no success of putting in a new knee or getting rid of the MRSA. I had two surgeries with Dr Garino, the MRSA is gone and I have a knee. He is straight forward, very caring, well educated in complex condition
in Media, PA |
Dr. Garino and his surgical team were FANTASTIC. Once I came to terms that I HAD to get a hip replacement, I spent a month searching for a surgeon and doing research on materials. I chose to go to Dr. Garino and Paoli Hospital. Dr. Garino uses a minimally invasive technique & I was walking the afternoon of the surgery. Now, three weeks later, my incision is completely healed and I'm walking without a cane. I can't thank him enough. I recommend him and his staff to anyone that needs a new hip.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Garino, MD?
Are you Dr. Garino?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Garino