Dr. Jonathan Garino, MD

Dr. Jonathan Garino, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

I have spent the last 18 years gaining significant expertise in all aspects of joint replacement surgery. Using advanced techniques and materials, I strive to provide not only a state of the art replacement, but a state of the art patient experience with a personal touch.

Dr. Jonathan Garino, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Malvern, PA. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Garino is affiliated with Brandywine Hospital, Phoenixville Hospital and Paoli Hospital.

Dr. Garino's Experience

See how Dr. Garino's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Garino

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Garino has admitting privileges.

Dr. Garino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garino to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Garino's Performance
    in Collegeville, PA |
    Had one appointment with Dr Guarino for myself to discuss diagnosis of my knees. He seemed kind of pompous, but I had heard good reviews about him. Called to make another appointment to discuss my wife's x-rays of her knees explaining that I would be discussing them since my wife was confined to a wheelchair. When I arrived at his office, I was told by Guarino's receptionist that he would not see me, but had to see my wife. He did not have the courtesy to tell me this himself. Pompous.
    Sewell, NJ |
    I had 3 different surgeries with Dr. Garino & he is the best. I drove an hour this time to his new practice to stay with him. He is considerate of your questions and fears. He takes time to answer and explain to your level of understanding. He is visible postop and checks in on you often. His hospital team is efficient and those systems run smoothly. His office staff is the same. I just have to deal with doing my PT. I don't have the added stress of worrying that he is doing his job bc he is!
    in Chester Springs, PA |
    I was very happy with Dr. Garino and the total left knee replacement surgery he performed on me. Very neat and fairly small scar. Prescribed necessary pain medicine to get me through my recovery. Most importantly, I think, he arranged for in-home nursing care and in-home physical therapy the first two weeks after I left the hospital. Since I really didn't know what was normal in my recovery, having these professionals see me and report to him was a great relief to me and for my recovery.
    in Chesterbrook, PA |
    I broke my right hip September of 2016. Dr. Garino took my case head on and assured me he could fix my hip. This was a modified total hip replacement. Dr. Garino took all the time I needed to ask questions about the surgery and what the outcome would be. Everything he said happened and today, four months surgery and rehab I am back 100%, just like before I broke my hip. Thank you Dr. Garino for getting me back together!
    in Williamstown, NJ |
    Dr. Garino performed knee replacements on both of my knees. He is the BEST...
    in PA |
    Dr. Garino's post-surgical treatment of patients is abominable. He lacks the listening skills and compassion to adequately perform his job. He is dismissive of patient views and allows his excessive ego to get in the way of his judgement and decision making. You may or may not have a good surgical outcome with Dr. Garino. If you do, that's great; if you don't have the expected outcome, then don't delay getting to another doctor.
    in naples, fl |
    I was referred to Dr Garino by the Vice President Reconstruction of Smith & Nephew a Global medical technology company. I first had Surgery in Naples FL where I live on Oct 1, 2014. I broke out with MRSA 13 days later. I had a total of 5 operations from Oct1, 2014 thru September 2015 with no success of putting in a new knee or getting rid of the MRSA. I had two surgeries with Dr Garino, the MRSA is gone and I have a knee. He is straight forward, very caring, well educated in complex condition
    in Media, PA |
    Dr. Garino and his surgical team were FANTASTIC. Once I came to terms that I HAD to get a hip replacement, I spent a month searching for a surgeon and doing research on materials. I chose to go to Dr. Garino and Paoli Hospital. Dr. Garino uses a minimally invasive technique & I was walking the afternoon of the surgery. Now, three weeks later, my incision is completely healed and I'm walking without a cane. I can't thank him enough. I recommend him and his staff to anyone that needs a new hip.
    Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Garino, MD?
    Are you Dr. Garino?

Dr. Garino's Care Philosophy

Dr. Garino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

• Philadelphia TOP DOC, 2002

Dr. Garino has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Garino's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1984

• Other Education
      Villanova University School Of Business

Completed in 2016

Dr. Garino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine