Dr. Jonathan Eckstein, DO

Dr. Jonathan Eckstein, DO

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Jonathan Eckstein, DO is a family medicine specialist in Far Rockaway, NY and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med in 1998 and specializes in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative therapy.Read his story

327 Beach 19th St

Far Rockaway, NY 11691

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Eckstein

Dr. Eckstein's Experience

Dr. Eckstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice/OMT

Dr. Eckstein's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Eckstein "My career in medicine began when I earned my DO at the PCOM in 1998. My undergraduate studies for the BS in Biology at Dickinson College began with an early focus in Mathematics and Chemistry. Growing up in a military family, I never stayed in one location for longer than four years. Hence, upon graduation from medical school, I decided on a whim to give New York a try as my parents had grown up there. I started my graduate medical education career in the Rockaways at St. John's Episcopal Hospital in 1998. Shortly thereafter, I was called to active duty military service with the Second Marine Division and spent a little over four years on active duty before my return to New York. One surprise was my last minute deployment with First battalion Tenth Marines in support of Task Force Tarawa to Iraq in 2003. I put my life plans on hold as I prepared for medical evacuations, chemical and biological response, and vectors prevalent to the region. I returned to the Rockaways in 2003 following my completion of active military service and returned to a Family Medicine residency at Peninsula Hospital Center. Since that time, I have moved into a medical education role as the Family Medicine Residency Director at St. John's Episcopal Hospital overseeing 34 residents in training providing care for our community. I also serve as the medical director of the St. John's Medical Group serving as physician champion for the implementation of our outpatient electronic health record. As medical director for Lawrence Cedarhurst Fire Department, I develop policies and procedures for our ambulance department, safety and monitor quality through quarterly review. I spend a great deal of time educating other veterans and speaking as a member of the American Legion, VFW and Marine Corps League regarding general health concerns and assisting them in navigating the Department of Veterans Affairs to maximize their benefits."

This content was provided by Dr. Eckstein "."

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • Liver Function Test
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1998

Dr. Eckstein has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Eckstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eckstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Eckstein's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Eckstein

Dr. Eckstein?
Dr. Eckstein's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jonathan Eckstein, DO
Dr Eckstein was great! I was seen in a timely manner by him and the medical staff. Blood was drawn quickly without any pain. He was very personable and easy to talk to. He addressed all my concerns and seemed genuine about wanting to help me feel better. Thanks Dr Eckstein!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Eckstein, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Eckstein?