Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD

Pediatric Psychiatry •  Male • Age 62

Dr. Covey
620 Southpointe Ct Ste 215 Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD is a pediatric psychiatry specialist in Colorado Springs, CO and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill in 1988 and specializes in pediatric psychiatry and psychiatry.

Dr. Covey accepts

Dr. Covey accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA IN HIX

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Unprofessional Conduct (4/20/2017)View details
1 board action Found
  • Unprofessional Conduct (10/11/2017)View details
No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Covey's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Covey's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation

2.3

Dr. Covey?
Dr. Covey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD
Dr. Covey is a very odd man. If you are hoping for him to be a caring person you will be disappointed. He does not care if you are distraught. I have been seeing him for over a year now because he was the only provider who accepted my insurance at the time. In terms of diagnosing you, he basically lets you pick your medicine rather than recommending a particular one. To make your decision, he hands you a book that lists all potential side effects and other information such as half life, etc. I cannot stress enough how anti-social this man is. He will not speak to you about your problems, only medication. If you are 5 minutes late; the receptionist, Michelle, will say you are too late. meanwhile in the roughly 10 or so appointments I have had with him, they have reliably started 30 minutes after my scheduled time. Michelle, the only employee, is amazingly insensitive and rude. Rarely will answer the phone. Usually takes a day or so to respond to voicemails. 0 Stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
Terrible Doctor, it's a fact from patients to his professional colleagues his reputation is in ruins due to his actions, rude, volatile outbursts, refuses meds for no reason, treated my spouse like she was a ignorant fool, total unprofessional practices, you can see he has been reprimanded and his license is currently under review. These are not characteristics of a quality caring doctor, read the reviews and save yourself a nightmare, move on to a REAL quality doctor, he will NOT help you no matter how many fake positive reviews he posts
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
Only person i trust, honest, intelligent, passion in his career, he has a amazing assistant melissa. I can count on them after 2 years never letting me down. Graduating college with honors, happier marriage. I have goals and self happiness now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
Office Staff communicates very unprofessionally. Does not know how to bill insurance.The doctor showed up at the office 10 minutes before my appointment and then proceeded to take in another patient before me. After asking why my first appointment was 30 minutes late and if he had reviewed my records he abruptly said we are finished here. There is something very wrong in this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
Dr. Covey has been an excellent psychiatrist for me. He doesn't coddle me; he tells me what he thinks and what we can do about it. His medication recommendations have been for the most part spot-on. I've been seeing him for a few years now and I'm much happier with how I feel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
This guy was totally not a patient person, unprofessional, putting me down, intimidating me, did not want to hear anything I had to say. I would not recommend this position for any psychiatric help in anyway shape or form!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
The worst experience I have ever had with a doctor!!! He did not listen to a word I had to say!! Wouldn't even recommend him to my worst enemy!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
He's the worst. Rude as all get out. He doesn't care about your issues at all. He just wants your money. He told me I was an addict. He didn't prescribe the medication I needed. He's terrible. Awful. Please don't waste your time. Get the real help that you need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
I'll admit that Dr Covey doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, very professional and amazing at pinpointing which medicines would be most effective for you.BUT, then there's that shrew of a receptionist! Last February I had to cancel an appointment due to a very large snow storm, I'm 1/2 way between the Springs and Pueblo, on 7 acres ( let's just say ice is not my friend! ) Yes, I called Michelle WAY ahead of time to cancel, Semi cold doc, frigid power hungry shrew for a receptionist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?
Where do I start with this joke of a practice. 1) Charge a $150 deposit to even schedule an appointment. Then I show up to the appointment 20 minutes ahead of time and the doctor doesn't walk into until 30 minutes after the appointment was supposed to start. 30 MINUTES LATE, 30 MINUTES!!!!!!! When I confronted the doctor about it, he made nothing but excuses for why he wasn't there on time. 2) Michelle (the receptionist) - I don't know whats wrong with this woman, but she is a mon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Covey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Covey?

• Pediatric Psychiatry