Dr. Jonathan Citow, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Jonathan Citow, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Jonathan Citow, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Libertyville, IL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Citow is affiliated with Vista Medical Center East, Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Evanston Hospital and Centegra Hospital - McHenry.

Dr. Citow's Experience

See how Dr. Citow's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Citow

Dr. Citow accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Citow has admitting privileges.

Dr. Citow's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Citow to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Citow's Performance
in Barrington, IL |
Dr. Sitow clearly explained my back problem while reviewing the MRI and gave me comfort with his confidence in relieving my back pain. I feel almost no pain at all after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Sitow.
in Gurnee, IL |
My experience with Dr. Citow has been excellent & I highly recommend him. During my initial appointment, Dr. Citow was very thorough after reviewing my MRI. We discussed all the other non surgical options I had already attempted & they were unsuccessful. The only remaining option was a lumbar fusion of my L4, L5 & S1. After I watched the video on my surgery, I called with several questions & Dr. Citow took the necessary time I needed to answer all my questions which allowed me to move forward.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr Citow has performed a cervical neck fusion and a low back micro discectomy, both of which were VERY SUCCESSFUL!!! I had both procedures done at Condell Medical Hospital in Libertyville, IL I highly recommend Dr Citow....
in Inverness, Illinois |
Tremendous neurosurgeon!! Did a cervical fusion and I was driving in a week, back to work in four days . An incredible professional with a compassionate bedside manner. Do not think of anyone else.......and I havehad numerous other surgeries!!!
in Chicagoland |
About 10 years ago I went to Dr. Citow for a lower back surgery and was back to work in about a week. The procedure he used left left me with minimum scars and a faster healing process. Dr. Citow made me feel confidence in him from beginning to end through the whole process. I recommend him to any one. Ray B
in Lake Villa, IL |
I lost feeling in left leg and had a shooting Pain. Day after surgery I was up and walking..Thank you doc!!
in Ingelside, Illinois |
L-2 thru S-1 fusions. Fantastic Dr. Citow and to his staff. He found extra Spurs on my spine and spent extra hour to grind down all of them to make sure surface was flat for fusions. I rate 5 stars and higher and would never go to anyone else.
in Lake Villa, IL |
Dr. Jonathan Citow has made a difference in the quality of my life. Before he did surgery on my back I couldn't do the full recovery necessary for my hip replaceplaments. After seeing him and going through the very necessary fusion of my lumbar region. He did L1-L5.I recovered really well from the surgery once we went through all the necessary steps. He took excellent care of me. Before I knew I I was walking again without pain! I would recommend him to others and have they were happy with him!
in Deerfield, IL |
Do you want the best spine surgeon in the Mid Wesg and possibly America? Then call the man. Best thing I have ever done!
in Mundelein, IL |
Was recommended by my family doctor. After 2 MRI had three appointments with him. He reviewed my condition and advised surgery. On my appointments I asked him show me on my body where you will perform surgery. The doctor did not touch my body but pointed to a statue and advised me to set appointment for surgery. How can I trust the doctor who can't listen or answer a very simple question! touch my back where you will perform surgery?
in Libertyville, IL |
He gave my mother MRSA during a lumbar fusion and she is in the hospital a 2nd time. He has not reached out to her since, only has staff contact her.
in Barrington, IL |
I regularly recommend Dr. Citow for chronic neck or back pain. I had severe neck pain and Dr. Citow's cervical fusion not only relieved the pain, but my range of motion is around 96% (amazing since the orthopedic surgeon wanted to put in a cage which would have severely limited my mobility!) My mother-in-law also went to him for spinal stenosis. Both of our surgeries were outpatient procedures. She was able to go to a senior luncheon the day after her surgery! We all recommend him highly!!
in Waukegan, IL |
It was a lonnnggg office wait, however when I met Dr. Citow he apologized immediately, and was very cordial, lol we also had M*A*S*H in common (Hawkeye), since I was a HUGE fan of the show I barraged him with Hawkeye questions, and he got them ALL! So much for my crown of knowledge about the show, lol. He was my second opinion, my surgery from start to finish took 6 hours. Simply put? He's the best, and LOL he's KNOWS it, but he IS.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Citow, MD?
Are you Dr. Citow?

Compare Dr. Citow

Dr. Citow's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Citow has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Citow's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Graduated in 1992

University Of Colorado Health Services Center
    University of Chicago Hospitals

• French

Dr. Citow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Citow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty