Dr. Jonathan M. Christy, MD

Dr. Jonathan M. Christy, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics | Male | 34 years old

At Optim Orthopedics, we know you're not yourself when even just one part of you is hurt. Because in orthopedics, everything is connected: bones, joints, ligaments, and cartilage. We're connected too. Our doctors cover every bone in the body and we work together as a team for our patients. We call our approach - Combined Strength, and we use it to get you back to you.Read more

Dr. Christy's Experience

See how Dr. Christy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Christy

Dr. Christy accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Christy has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Christy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Christy to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Christy
Dr. Christy's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (17)
in Savannah, GA |
awesome Dr., amazingly knowledgeable, caring, and quite humble. He made us feel reassured. The surgery went just as he said . Even though he looks quit young don't believe we could have had a better Dr. to do my husband's hip replacement. Thank you Dr, Christy and your great staff.
in Savannah, GA |
I was lucky to find a great surgeon for me......Dr. Jonathan Christy! Dr. Christy is very knowledgeable and personable and he has a great staff. Before my knee replacement surgery, I never thought that I would be walking unassisted 3 days after surgery..........but I was! My other knee will need to be replaced and Dr. Christy will definitely be the doctor who will be doing the surgery. Dr. Jonathan Christy deserves more than a 5 Star rating!
in Savannah, GA |
I found him to be an excellent surgeon who is very skilled and up to date on the most current techniques. Even my physical therapists raved that they would choose him among all the doctors whose work they were familiar with. He is also a very insightful person with good communication skills. I was walking without a cane by the 3rd day and now at six weeks can do just about anything!
in Bluffton, South Carolina |
Dr. Christy & the staff at Optim are amazing! Dr. Christy took the time to listen and address all my questions before scheduling my hip replacement. He consulted with Dr. Sutherland because I had recently had a knee replacement! He made certain I was ready for the hip replacement - I was in terrible pain! At all my appointments, I felt so comfortable and "important" to Dr. Christy - I didn't feel like just a number. A little over a month now & I am amazed at how I am walking and painfree!
in Alma, GA |
Dr. Christy,on my first visit impressed me ! I'm not a Dr. person. I found that I needed a hip replaced which had not been diagnosed because of a back problem. He made sure I was able to undergo this sugary and that meant I had to loose some weight. He approached this touchy topic with strait forward kindness and science. Apparently some people do not handle this topic well according to the Dr. I am so thankful that I had Dr. Christy as my surgeon I trust him and recommend him as yours also
in Savannah, GA |
He was very attentive to my mom. Mom loves Dr. Christy. Her knee replacement is healing well, and she is enjoying a much improved quality of life.
in Lyons, GA |
It was awesome. Dr. Christy is an excellent orthopedic doctor. I'm glad he was referred to me and he did a great job on my right hip replacement.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Christy was amazing!!! He ensured that all measures were exhausted before surgery was an option. I was very relaxed and comfortable speaking with him about concerns. He took his time to explain and listened with a tentative ear. Surgery went well!!! I was back to my new normal within three weeks!
in Savannah, GA |
I'm having a great recovery and experience with Dr Christy and his staff. I'm 5 weeks out of a total knee replacement and ahead of my physical therapy goals. Both home therapists said they'd seen nothing but good results from all of Dr Christy's patients. He answered all my questions, visited me before surgery and the next morning. My other knee will need replacing in the future and I would definitely go with Dr. Christy again.
Hinesville, GA |
My experience with him was sad..I've been trying to meet with him since moving to GA 2 yrs ago but after having surgery 6 mths prior but he refused to c me. After seeing another dr who referred me to him he had the nerve 2 tell me that there was nothing he can do for me that its been too long since my surgery if u he wld have not turned me away two years ago I would not b in the position I am today
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan M. Christy, MD?
Are you Dr. Christy?

Compare Dr. Christy

Dr. Christy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Christy says...

Total Joint (Hip & Knee) Replacements

Dr. Christy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Christy has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Christy's Board Certifications

• Broken Arm
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Graduated in 2008

• Other Education
    American Board Of Orthopaedic Surgery

Completed in 2016

Dr. Christy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.