Dr. Jonathan Christy, MD

Dr. Jonathan Christy, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics | Male

Optim Orthopedics 210 E De Renne Ave, Savannah, GA 31405 Get Directions

At Optim Orthopedics, we know you're not yourself when even just one part of you is hurt. Because in orthopedics, everything is connected: bones, joints, ligaments, and cartilage. We're connected too. Our doctors cover every bone in the body and we work together as a team for our patients. We call our approach - Combined Strength, and we use it to get you back to you.Read more

Personal Bio

Jonathan Christy, MD is a specialist in hip and knee replacement and reconstruction, employing the most current treatments to alleviate...Read more

Dr. Christy's Experience

See how Dr. Christy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Christy

Dr. Christy accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Christy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Christy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Christy to family and friends
Dr. Christy's Performance
in Savannah, GA |
I truly believe that Dr Christie is up there in the better surgeon/physician scale. I been through so much with another surgeon that I was afraid of trusting any orthopedic surgeon in Savannah Georgia. After today's appointment with Dr. Christie it took about 10 minutes to earn my respect and trust. He's caring and sincere.its all about the patient. My friends who also use him agreed with me. He's not quick to cut unless it's in your best interest. He definitely gets a 5 star well deserved
in Okatie, SC |
I had knee replacement and my life is so much better. He is very knowledgeable, proffesional,along with his staff. It was a much easier experience than I thought before surgery.
in Savannah, GA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Christy, I climbed 25 steps the day after surgery. After two weeks in therapy the pain subsided and the rest of my rehab was relatively pain free. I'm four weeks out now and a major portion of my life has changed for the better. I would recommend Dr. Christy to anyone. James H.Williams
in Savannah, GA |
awesome Dr., amazingly knowledgeable, caring, and quite humble. He made us feel reassured. The surgery went just as he said . Even though he looks quit young don't believe we could have had a better Dr. to do my husband's hip replacement. Thank you Dr, Christy and your great staff.
in Savannah, GA |
I was lucky to find a great surgeon for me......Dr. Jonathan Christy! Dr. Christy is very knowledgeable and personable and he has a great staff. Before my knee replacement surgery, I never thought that I would be walking unassisted 3 days after surgery..........but I was! My other knee will need to be replaced and Dr. Christy will definitely be the doctor who will be doing the surgery. Dr. Jonathan Christy deserves more than a 5 Star rating!
in Savannah, GA |
I found him to be an excellent surgeon who is very skilled and up to date on the most current techniques. Even my physical therapists raved that they would choose him among all the doctors whose work they were familiar with. He is also a very insightful person with good communication skills. I was walking without a cane by the 3rd day and now at six weeks can do just about anything!
in Bluffton, South Carolina |
Dr. Christy & the staff at Optim are amazing! Dr. Christy took the time to listen and address all my questions before scheduling my hip replacement. He consulted with Dr. Sutherland because I had recently had a knee replacement! He made certain I was ready for the hip replacement - I was in terrible pain! At all my appointments, I felt so comfortable and "important" to Dr. Christy - I didn't feel like just a number. A little over a month now & I am amazed at how I am walking and painfree!
in Alma, GA |
Dr. Christy,on my first visit impressed me ! I'm not a Dr. person. I found that I needed a hip replaced which had not been diagnosed because of a back problem. He made sure I was able to undergo this sugary and that meant I had to loose some weight. He approached this touchy topic with strait forward kindness and science. Apparently some people do not handle this topic well according to the Dr. I am so thankful that I had Dr. Christy as my surgeon I trust him and recommend him as yours also
in Savannah, GA |
He was very attentive to my mom. Mom loves Dr. Christy. Her knee replacement is healing well, and she is enjoying a much improved quality of life.
in Lyons, GA |
It was awesome. Dr. Christy is an excellent orthopedic doctor. I'm glad he was referred to me and he did a great job on my right hip replacement.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Christy was amazing!!! He ensured that all measures were exhausted before surgery was an option. I was very relaxed and comfortable speaking with him about concerns. He took his time to explain and listened with a tentative ear. Surgery went well!!! I was back to my new normal within three weeks!
in Savannah, GA |
I'm having a great recovery and experience with Dr Christy and his staff. I'm 5 weeks out of a total knee replacement and ahead of my physical therapy goals. Both home therapists said they'd seen nothing but good results from all of Dr Christy's patients. He answered all my questions, visited me before surgery and the next morning. My other knee will need replacing in the future and I would definitely go with Dr. Christy again.
Hinesville, GA |
My experience with him was sad..I've been trying to meet with him since moving to GA 2 yrs ago but after having surgery 6 mths prior but he refused to c me. After seeing another dr who referred me to him he had the nerve 2 tell me that there was nothing he can do for me that its been too long since my surgery if u he wld have not turned me away two years ago I would not b in the position I am today
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Christy, MD?
Are you Dr. Christy?

Compare Dr. Christy

Dr. Christy says...

Jonathan Christy, MD is a specialist in hip and knee replacement and reconstruction, employing the most current treatments to alleviate pain and restore his patients to an active lifestyle.

Dr. Christy completed his fellowship in adult hip and knee reconstruction at the world-renowned Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University in Chicago. During his fellowship, Dr. Christy trained with many pioneers in the field of total joint replacement. He mastered the most current techniques in minimally invasive hip- and knee-replacement surgery, quadriceps sparing techniques for knee replacement, partial-knee replacement, minimally invasive anterior hip replacement, complex revision procedures for hip and knee replacement and multimodal pain management strategies that promote a faster recovery.

Graduating Summa Cum Laude with a 4.0 GPA from West Virginia University in 2004 with  B.S. in Biochemistry. He also played Division I soccer while at WVU during his undergraduate studies. Dr. Christy remained in Morgantown, WV for another 4 years, attending West Virginia University School of Medicine. While in medical school he was inducted into the prestigious medical society Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) as well as graduating with honors. Dr. Christy went on to complete his orthopaedic residency at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. In his final year, he was selected as the Chief Resident for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. During his tenure, Dr. Christy published multiple articles in peer reviewed orthopaedic journals and has presented his research regionally and nationally.

Dr. Christy is licensed in both Georgia and South Carolina with operating credentials at Saint Joseph's, Candler, Optim Medical Center-Tattnall, and Memorial Medical Center. He sees patients at the Savannah GA, Bluffton SC, Pooler, GA, and Vidalia, GA offices of Optim Orthopedics.

He and his wife, Jennifer, have two children. Jennifer is a dentist and currently practicing in Bluffton SC with Howard Family Dental. In his free time, Dr. Christy enjoys being with family and friends, is dedicated to fitness and daily exercise, and participates in a variety of outdoor activities.

Dr. Christy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Christy says...

Total Joint (Hip & Knee) Replacements

Dr. Christy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Christy has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Christy's Board Certifications

• Broken Arm
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Graduated in 2008

• Other Education
    American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery

Completed in 2016

Dr. Christy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics