Dr. Jonathan Christy, MD

Dr. Jonathan Christy, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Jonathan Christy, MD is a specialist in hip and knee replacement and reconstruction, employing the most current treatments to alleviate pain and restore his patients to an active lifestyle. Dr. Christy completed his fellowship in adult hip and knee reconstruction at the world-renowned Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University in Chicago. During his fellowship, Dr. Christy trained with many pioneers in the field of total joint replacement. He mastered the most current techniques in minimally invasive hip- and knee-replacement surgery, quadriceps sparing techniques for knee replacement, partial-knee replacement, minimally invasive anterior hip replacement, complex revision procedures for hip and knee replacement and multimodal pain management strategies that promote a faster recovery. Graduating Summa Cum Laude with a 4.0 GPA from West Virginia University in 2004 with B.S. in Biochemistry. He also played Division I soccer while at WVU during his undergraduate studies. Dr. Christy remained in Morgantown, WV for another 4 years, attending West Virginia University School of Medicine. While in medical school he was inducted into the prestigious medical society Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) as well as graduating with honors. Dr. Christy went on to complete his orthopaedic residency at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. In his final year, he was selected as the Chief Resident for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. During his tenure, Dr. Christy published multiple articles in peer reviewed orthopaedic journals and has presented his research regionally and nationally. Dr. Christy is licensed in both Georgia and South Carolina with operating credentials at Saint Joseph's, Candler, Optim Medical Center-Tattnall, and Memorial Medical Center. He sees patients at the Savannah GA, Bluffton SC, Pooler, GA, and Vidalia, GA offices of Optim Orthopedics. He and his wife, Jennifer, have two children. Jennifer is a dentist and currently practicing in Bluffton SC with Howard Family Dental. In his free time, Dr. Christy enjoys being with family and friends, is dedicated to fitness and daily exercise, and participates in a variety of outdoor activities. For additional information on Dr. Christy, please visit christymd dot com.

210 E De Renne Ave

Savannah, GA 31405

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Christy

See how frequently Dr. Christy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Fracture
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Knee Disorders

Dr. Christy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Christy "At Optim Orthopedics, we know you're not yourself when even just one part of you is hurt. Because in orthopedics, everything is connected: bones, joints, ligaments, and cartilage. We're connected too. Our doctors cover every bone in the body and we work together as a team for our patients. We call our approach - Combined Strength, and we use it to get you back to you."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• West Virginia University
  • Midwest Orthopaedics At Rush University Joint Reconstruction
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • American Board Of Orthopaedic Surgery
    Other Education | Completed 2016

Dr. Christy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Christy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Christy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Christy to family and friends
Dr. Christy's Performance
in Ridgeland |
I met Gina Soule PA for Dr. johnathon Christy today. She took very good care of me ...excellent knowledge & care! excellent team
Thank you for taking the time to send a review. Feedback is always valued as we strive to provide the highest quality patient care.
in Okatie, SC |
Dr. Christy so impressed me while caring for my wife that I choose to change my orthopedic surgeon and have him perform my knee replacement surgery.
I aim to deliver the highest quality patient care and appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Thank you for sharing your feedback with me!
in Savannah, GA |
I am 3 weeks post op. Dr. Christy performed a complete anterior hip replacement. The literature said to expect bruising from my hip to my toes. But I had none. Dr. Christy has such gentle hands I give him the credit for my quick recovery. Today my girlfriend broke her leg and I am taking over her business and nursing her and.. Dr. Christy is going to fix her leg!!! If he hadn't fixed me I couldn't help her and I would be worried about her recovery. But I know she will be fine because of him.
My aim is to deliver the highest quality patient care. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and always love hearing about these positive experiences. Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Savannah, GA |
New to the area and unsure where to find quality ortho care at- called Optim, got in with Dr Christy right away and have had great results! Very patient and thorough physician
in Savannah, GA |
My second knee by Dr Christy was even better than the first. Excellent bedside manner and follow up !
in Savannah, GA |
I truly believe that Dr Christie is up there in the better surgeon/physician scale. I been through so much with another surgeon that I was afraid of trusting any orthopedic surgeon in Savannah Georgia. After today's appointment with Dr. Christie it took about 10 minutes to earn my respect and trust. He's caring and sincere.its all about the patient. My friends who also use him agreed with me. He's not quick to cut unless it's in your best interest. He definitely gets a 5 star well deserved
in Okatie, SC |
I had knee replacement and my life is so much better. He is very knowledgeable, proffesional,along with his staff. It was a much easier experience than I thought before surgery.
in Savannah, GA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Christy, I climbed 25 steps the day after surgery. After two weeks in therapy the pain subsided and the rest of my rehab was relatively pain free. I'm four weeks out now and a major portion of my life has changed for the better. I would recommend Dr. Christy to anyone. James H.Williams
in Savannah, GA |
awesome Dr., amazingly knowledgeable, caring, and quite humble. He made us feel reassured. The surgery went just as he said . Even though he looks quit young don't believe we could have had a better Dr. to do my husband's hip replacement. Thank you Dr, Christy and your great staff.
in Savannah, GA |
I was lucky to find a great surgeon for me......Dr. Jonathan Christy! Dr. Christy is very knowledgeable and personable and he has a great staff. Before my knee replacement surgery, I never thought that I would be walking unassisted 3 days after surgery..........but I was! My other knee will need to be replaced and Dr. Christy will definitely be the doctor who will be doing the surgery. Dr. Jonathan Christy deserves more than a 5 Star rating!
in Savannah, GA |
I found him to be an excellent surgeon who is very skilled and up to date on the most current techniques. Even my physical therapists raved that they would choose him among all the doctors whose work they were familiar with. He is also a very insightful person with good communication skills. I was walking without a cane by the 3rd day and now at six weeks can do just about anything!
in Bluffton, South Carolina |
Dr. Christy & the staff at Optim are amazing! Dr. Christy took the time to listen and address all my questions before scheduling my hip replacement. He consulted with Dr. Sutherland because I had recently had a knee replacement! He made certain I was ready for the hip replacement - I was in terrible pain! At all my appointments, I felt so comfortable and "important" to Dr. Christy - I didn't feel like just a number. A little over a month now & I am amazed at how I am walking and painfree!
in Alma, GA |
Dr. Christy,on my first visit impressed me ! I'm not a Dr. person. I found that I needed a hip replaced which had not been diagnosed because of a back problem. He made sure I was able to undergo this sugary and that meant I had to loose some weight. He approached this touchy topic with strait forward kindness and science. Apparently some people do not handle this topic well according to the Dr. I am so thankful that I had Dr. Christy as my surgeon I trust him and recommend him as yours also
in Savannah, GA |
He was very attentive to my mom. Mom loves Dr. Christy. Her knee replacement is healing well, and she is enjoying a much improved quality of life.
in Lyons, GA |
It was awesome. Dr. Christy is an excellent orthopedic doctor. I'm glad he was referred to me and he did a great job on my right hip replacement.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Christy was amazing!!! He ensured that all measures were exhausted before surgery was an option. I was very relaxed and comfortable speaking with him about concerns. He took his time to explain and listened with a tentative ear. Surgery went well!!! I was back to my new normal within three weeks!
in Savannah, GA |
I'm having a great recovery and experience with Dr Christy and his staff. I'm 5 weeks out of a total knee replacement and ahead of my physical therapy goals. Both home therapists said they'd seen nothing but good results from all of Dr Christy's patients. He answered all my questions, visited me before surgery and the next morning. My other knee will need replacing in the future and I would definitely go with Dr. Christy again.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Christy, MD?

Visit Dr. Christy

Dr. Christy accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Christy has admitting privileges