Dr. Jonathan Chilton, MD

Dr. Jonathan Chilton, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Jonathan Chilton, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Kansas City, MO. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Read his story

Midwest Neuroscience Institute of Research Medical Center

2330 E Meyer Blvd Ste T411

Kansas City, MO 64132

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Comp Choice
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CompCare
  • CompPsych
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners

Learn about Dr. Chilton

See how frequently Dr. Chilton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Meningiomas
Spondylosis
Low Back Pain

Dr. Chilton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chilton's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chilton "Dr. Chilton is an accomplished neurosurgeon who serves as the Director of the Midwest Gamma Knife Center and the Center for Facial Pain at the Midwest Neuroscience Institute. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Neurological Surgeons, and a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Congress of Neurological Surgery. He has been honored as a Top Neurological Surgeon by multiple organizations including US News and World Report and The Consumer's Research Council. Dr. Chilton has subspecialty interests and expertise in many areas including brain tumor surgery, spine tumor surgery, Gamma Knife radiosurgery, and complex spine surgery. Dr. Chilton received a Master of Public Health degree from Columbia University in New York City and attended medical school at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in Rochester, NY. He completed his neurosurgery residency at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C. He is affiliated with Research Medical Center."

This content was provided by Dr. Chilton "I am a member of Midwest Neurosurgery Associates, a group of 6 neurosurgeons who strive to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient's individual healthcare needs are met."

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Brain Tumor
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Complex Spinal Instrumentation Procedure
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy
  • Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Brandeis
    Other Education | Completed

• Director of Midwest Gamma Knife Center,
  • Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Research Medical Center (2004-2007),
  • Kansas City Super Doctor Award (2007, 2008, 2009),

Dr. Chilton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chilton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chilton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chilton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chilton to family and friends
Dr. Chilton's Performance
in Blue Springs, MO |
I met with Dr. Chilton concerning severe spinal stenosis. He met after a short wait in his examining room. He explained (in plain language) what my problem is, what my options were, and how it could be helped with surgery or pain management therapy, what was the best and the worst out come of both. I felt he was very realistic in his description of both. I was very impressed with his professionalism and "bed side manner." A very impressive individual. My wife was there and she agrees with me.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words. I will see that Dr. Chilton sees your review. Much appreciated. Linda Roueche, Practice Manager
in Liberty, MO |
I was lucky enough to find Dr. Chilton 12 years ago, avoiding a very tricky surgery. I just finished my latest 3 year checkup. Dr. Chilton and his entire staff are friendly and professional.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words. I will make sure that Dr. Chilton sees your comments. Linda Roueche, Practice Manager
Bradley, IL |
Dr. Chilton is an excellent surgeon, listens with an openness and truly holds the whole person in mind when making treatment decisions. He and his entire team were truly a God send when my husband suffered a traumatic brain injury in a bicycle accident. When a shunt was needed for hydrocephalus that developed Dr. Chilton's skill, calm and care literally saved my husbands life. We recommend Dr. Chilton wholeheartedly.
Thank you for your kind words regarding Dr. Chilton. I will make sure that he sees your comments. We truly appreciate your confidence in Dr. Chilton and our clinic. Linda Roueche, Practice Manager
Kansas city, mo |
I would recommend Dr Chilton for Neuro care. He is thorough, knowledgeable, and a listener. Scheduled appointments were on time.
in Camdenton, MO |
Dr. Chilton is a skilled nurosurgeon I would recommend to anyone! He performed a spinal fusion for me three weeks ago and everything is healing fabulously. Dr. Chilton takes the time to answer any and all questions you may have, I never felt rushed at any appointment. His staff is also top notch! He is conservative and thurou, not a surgeon who immediately recommends major surgery. He inspired confidence in me that what he was suggesting was the right course for me. I feel blessed!!
in Lenexa, KS |
I have been very pleased with the services Dr. Chilton & staff have provided during my last three visits. Seven years ago I had successful surgery with fusion in low back & was now having pain in low back, buttocks & down leg (sciatica). Dr Chilton discussed my options clearly and I chose to avoid a major surgery by doing exercise and physical therapy to relieve my pain. I feel he has been very honest with me & provided adequate information for me to make a decision.
in Warrensburg, MO |
I recently had surgery for spinal stenosis with Dr. Chilton and am extremely pleased with the results. Prior to surgery I could not stand erect nor walk any distance without stopping nor stand for any length of time. Immediately afterwards I was erect and able to walk without pain. In 10 days I was walking almost 2 miles every morning. I feel like I now have my life back. Dr. Chilton was very positive concerning what he could do for me and I felt completely comfortable in his hands.
in Kansas City MO |
Dr. Chilton performed spinal surgery on me about 6 weeks ago. It was a long and tedious surgery of 13 hours. I cannot describe the relief I feel already even though healing and the gaining of strength will continue for several more months. I have had very little pain and what I have has been quite manageable. I cannot emphasize enough my respect and admiration of Dr. Chilton's knowledge and surgical skills.. Indeed the entire team at Neuroscience Institute were great during my 15 day stay.
in Houstonia |
Dr. Chilton was great. He explained my condition, answered my questions, and went over my options in a manner that was easy to understand. He was friendly, concerned, and knowledgeable about my condition. I felt comfortable with him performing my surgery and thankful that it was an amazing success. I would highly recommend him and have already recommended him to several people. His staff was great too.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Chilton is a wonderful physician with very comforting bedside manner. I couldn't be happier with my choice of him for my Neurosurgery. In a matter a few hours he relieved the pain I had been suffering for over 3 years.
Hands down, one of THE best physicians in his field. I strongly recommend Dr. Chilton to anyone who needs a trusted and accomplished expert surgeon.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Chilton did surgery on me in 2005. Excellent surgeon, which you expect, but he is also very kind and helpful. The office personal are friendly and professional. I go in for follow-ups every 3 years, and my questions are answered in a kind friendly manner. He spent some time explaining possible back surgery the last time which was helpful. His office isn't close to me but it is worth it to have such a nice experience.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Chilton did my Microvascular decompression over 8 1/2 years ago and I am still pain-free and drug-free. I had trigeminal neuralgia. I still help on supports groups with people that have TN and have heard plenty of horror stories concerning Microvascular decompression surgeries. I am so fortunate to have found such an excellent neurosurgeon. When you go with Dr. Chilton you are in the best of hands.
in peculiar,mo. |
DR. CHILTON IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR,HE HAS AWESOME BED SIDE MANOR AND HE DID NOT SCARE ME TALKING ABOUT MY SITUATION. NICOLE HIS NURSE AND HOLLY MADE ME FEEL I WAS IN GOOD HANDS AND I WAS! GOD BLESS THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES! I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. CHILTON AND HIS STAFF BEFORE THEY WENT TO SEE ANY OTHER SPECIALIST!
in Stilwell, KS |
I was referred to Dr Chilton from my orthopedic surgeon. I knew I was approaching back surgery and Dr. Chilton indicated it was necessary. Dr. Chilton is very approachable and provided a detailed plan for my surgery. After my operation, I was pleased with how quickly I recovered and even though I still am in some discomfort (it's been 3 weeks since surgery) I am confident I am on the road to a full recovery. I believe Dr. Chilton is a brilliant surgeon and I'm so grateful I was able to see him
in Kansas City, MO |
I am very pleased with Dr Chilton & his entire staff. Dr Chilton is a very knowledgeable surgeon with many years of experience. He explained everything I needed to know in order to make a decision on having surgery. He took the time to answer all my questions. The surgery went very well with no problems. I am very happy I had the surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Chilton, MD?

Visit Dr. Chilton

Dr. Chilton accepts 39 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
    National Advantage
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO
    Cigna POS
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Comp Choice
    Comp Results
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
    Compassionate Care Network (CCN) PPO

Overland Park, KS 66209
Research Medical Center
2316 E Meyer Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64132

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Chilton at Midwest Neuroscience Institute of Research Medical Center

Neurological Spine Surgery Specialist