Dr. Jonathan Burns, MD

Dr. Jonathan Burns, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Jonathan Burns, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Read his story

3945 Clark Rd

Sarasota, FL 34233

Learn about Dr. Burns

See how frequently Dr. Burns performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
high
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
high
Acute Postoperative Pain

Dr. Burns's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Burns' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Burns "Dr. Burns is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and board certified in pain medicine. He specializes in the assessment, diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of back, neck and musculoskeletal pain problems. Dr. Burns is proficient in EMGs and pain-relieving spinal injections using fluoroscopy and ultrasound. Dr. Burns earned his undergraduate degree at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and his medical degree at New Jersey Medical School in Newark, N.J., following two years in the Peace Corps in West Africa. He completed a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa., where he also served as chief resident. He is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spinal Intervention Society and the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians. He enjoys hiking, reading, triathlons and enjoying the Gulf Coast beaches with his wife and two children."

• Pain Medicine

Dr. Burns does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acute Postoperative Pain
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Spinal Cord Injury

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

• University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Newark
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Burns has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Burns has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burns does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burns and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burns' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burns to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Burns' Performance
    GOOD
I found Dr. Burns to be cold and always in a hurry. I've seen several PA's at his office: 2 of them were great; the 3rd knew very little about my upcoming procedure. No one called to see how I was doing after the surgery, and when I called because I was having problems, the office staff basiclly told me I should be not be having the problems. I doubt Dr Burns was ever told I was having trouble, but if he was, he never got back to me.
Hello, We care about our patients' satisfaction and encourage them to directly contact us with any issues they have. However, in order to protect patient privacy, we cannot address online reviews in a public forum.
in venice |
Iv been ith Dr Burns for some time. He is a true professional who stays on TOP of your health. Timely MRI, tests,yearly to see where your at in terms of pain issues. HE is very STRICT but I appreciate that in todays times. NO Junkies, Druggies will get by this office. His whole team, Tim, MAry, Nydia are all so very caring and take their time with his patients.
in Sarasota, FL |
Easy to talk to. For once I don't feel I have the right person to share my disease trouble with. Its hard to do sometimes.. so many drs are hard to feel comfortable around. Ive only been to one visit and I can tell this is the medical professional I could use in my life.
Bradenton, FL |
Was told by office they would schedule procedure after they obtained my records from another doctor, 12 days later I call them to inquire, they have the records but doctor hasn't reviewed them, another 8 days go by and I call again, TOTAL confusion on their end of the line but eventually the procedure is scheduled for the following week. The morning of procedure I think it's prudent to call to verify, as no word from surgery center, and I'm told my procedure was NOT on the schedule!
in North Port, FL |
I would highly recommend DR Burns for you pain issues, he is a great doctor and not one of those get in and out doctors that wont let talk about your issues.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Burns is the most consciousness physician I have ever met in regards to pain management. He gave me all the time I have needed in regards my issues. He is a conservative doctor that tries things before he has concluded that another treatment is advised. He let me watch video for over a half hour to put my mind at ease for an upcoming procedure. I appreciated his kindness and his patients that I spoke to in office & the surgical center, think he is the very best. I agree.Staff is superb.
in Venice, FL |
He was very thorough, professional, and kind. We communicated well and he recommended procedures other than more medications. He clearly understood my problem and future care. He was easy to talk to. One of his receptionists did not look at me when she spoke and seemed to be irritated by my presence.
in Reno, NV |
This firm and judicious Doctor cared for me in Reno, NV. for about 7 years. I am crying right now because he is no longer in Nevada. He was the only M.D. that could tell how much pain I was, and still am in. He actually cares for people in real pain. I also believe he saved my life because the pain is so bad, and no other M.D. believed me then or now. Junkies beware, he is a true expert, so don't waist your time. Dr. Burns, If you ever need any help that I can do please contact me. Barry.
in Venice, Fl |
Our visit was very good. Dr. Burns was thorough and very informative.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Burns, MD?

Visit Dr. Burns