Dr. Jonathan Burns, MD

Dr. Jonathan Burns, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. Jonathan Burns, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Sarasota, FL and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Newark in 2003 and specializes in pain medicine.Read his story

3945 Clark Rd

Sarasota, FL 34233

Learn about Dr. Burns

See how frequently Dr. Burns performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Acute Postoperative Pain

Dr. Burns's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Burns' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Burns "Dr. Burns is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and board certified in pain medicine. He specializes in the assessment, diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of back, neck and musculoskeletal pain problems. Dr. Burns is proficient in EMGs and pain-relieving spinal injections using fluoroscopy and ultrasound. Dr. Burns earned his undergraduate degree at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and his medical degree at New Jersey Medical School in Newark, N.J., following two years in the Peace Corps in West Africa. He completed a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa., where he also served as chief resident. He is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spinal Intervention Society and the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians. He enjoys hiking, reading, triathlons and enjoying the Gulf Coast beaches with his wife and two children."

• Pain Medicine

Dr. Burns does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acute Postoperative Pain
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Spinal Cord Injury

• University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Newark
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Burns has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Burns has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burns does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burns and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burns' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burns to family and friends

Dr. Burns' Performance

I sorta found this dr by default. When my dr in Oldsmar ask if I rather go closer to my home in Parrish. I thought the same office,persay, and I was not keen on seeing a dr for over a hr driving. I trust these Dr's to the max. They listen and do what needs to be done. I'm going NO where Thank God...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
The practice for pain management was in itself a bit sketchy due to the Opioid crisis. However, when I visited for my herniated disc issues I found the doctor both calm and knowledgeable. He was a pleasure to deal with and I was sorry to see him leave the practice.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I found Dr. Burns to be cold and always in a hurry. I've seen several PA's at his office: 2 of them were great; the 3rd knew very little about my upcoming procedure. No one called to see how I was doing after the surgery, and when I called because I was having problems, the office staff basiclly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hello, We care about our patients' satisfaction and encourage them to directly contact us with any issues they have. However, in order to protect patient privacy, we cannot address online reviews in a public forum.

Iv been ith Dr Burns for some time. He is a true professional who stays on TOP of your health. Timely MRI, tests,yearly to see where your at in terms of pain issues. HE is very STRICT but I appreciate that in todays times. NO Junkies, Druggies will get by this office. His whole team, Tim, MAry,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Easy to talk to. For once I don't feel I have the right person to share my disease trouble with. Its hard to do sometimes.. so many drs are hard to feel comfortable around. Ive only been to one visit and I can tell this is the medical professional I could use in my life.