Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD
Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Borden is affiliated with Trihealth Evendale Hospital, The Jewish Hospital and Bethesda North Hospital.

Riverhills Neuroscience

10550 Montgomery Rd Ste 33

Cincinnati, OH 45242

• Health Span
  • Medicare
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Borden

Dr. Borden's Experience

Dr. Borden's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Ear Disorders
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Brain Surgery
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Amherst College

• Alpha Omega Alpha, 1988
  • James Olds Memorial Neuroscience Award, Amherst College, 1984
  • Congress of Neurological Surgeons, First Place Vascular Award, 1994
  • Chromosoma Award, 1988

Dr. Borden has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Borden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Borden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Borden's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Borden to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Borden's Performance
in Loveland, OH |
After seven years fighting right side of face of Trigeminal neuralgia, I reached a point that all medicines available stopped working by neurologist The system's were so bad that even eating was extremely hard besides the shocks of pain, I reached critical stage in my life. Went to Dr. Borden and after tests and discussions on what would work, I chose surgery. When i woke up after surgery, 1hr 20 min, systems totally gone. No pain from surgery, recover smooth. Definitely recommend to see him.
in Milford, OH |
Dr Borden is an amazing physician. He knows exactly what needs to be done and will go the extra mile to make sure you feel better. If there's work to be done on your end, he expects you to do it. His bedside manner is not the best but he tries. I had a fusion performed at a surgical center and the entire experience was so easy and I was more than comfortable. I would recommend Dr Borden 1000 times because he gave me my life back!
in Mason, Ohio |
I can't recommend Dr Jonathan Borden based upon my failed surgery with him. Had 4 office visits with him they didn't go well.
in Cincinnati , Ohio |
I recently saw Dr. Jonathan Borden for a cervical fusion consultation. He is very upfront, professional, experienced and highly recommended. His whole office staff is outstanding !
Fairfield, OH |
Saw him for a second opinion- very straightforward. I was worried about his bedside manner from what I read but he was good with me. We waited awhile for him but I waited awhile for others also I think he tried and went above for me. I have my surgery coming up soon and I am just thrilled I finally found him and didn't get stuck with some of the others we met on our way. His staff is so nice- especially his PA and his surgery scheduler. ???????? For a great surgery.
Cincinnati, OH |
Waited over two hours in the waiting room and in the room to be seen he did not care what I had to say and told me to go to my family dr because he couldn't help me which is not what the receptionist told me on the phone he's good with dealing with migraines she said
in Montgomery OH |
I had a disc herniation and my medical doctor thought I would need surgery. Dr. Borden did physical therapy at his TriHealth office (note: he is with TriHealth not Riverhills). It worked great! Really nice guy and straightforward.
in Fairfield, OH |
Great doc! I was referred by my co-worker after her successful surgery, and mine went flawlessly. In and out at Evendale same day. What a great place. Got rid of that leg pain that was hobbling me for 2 months! Wish I got hooked up with Dr. Borden sooner! Great staff!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Borden was so nice and caring! His recommendations made me feel very comfortable. He showed me models and gave me alternatives and explained them well. I can tell he really cares for me. His assistants are so nice and helpful. I walked out of surgery pain free!
in Beavercreek, OH |
Dr. Borden is a great guy. My husband really liked his no nonsense straight talk. I had a very large tumor pressing into my spinal cord and causing severe pain. He removed it with a laser. The whole team was excellent. I loved the care at Bethesda North. Piece of cake.
Loveland, Ohio |
Borden significantly changed my life for the better. For years I struggled with serious lower back pain. I delayed a spinal fusion for about 4 years because I realized it will fix the pain but create other issues surrounding limited range of motion etc. I woke up from surgery in far less pain than I had been in for ten plus years. The outcome has been excellent. Dr. Borden is not a "warm and friendly" type physician. Go to him if you want an excellent surgeon not to make a new friend
Mason, OH |
Apparently my last post was also taken down. Dr. Borden was very rude and curt to me. He looked like he had just woke up and was very sloppy dressed. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
in Cincinnati, OH |
My last post was taken down for Dr. Borden so I will try and be more professional in an attempt to give an accurate experience with Dr. Borden. He has little to no knowledge of my medical history. I told him my medical history rather than having an accurate view of my condition. Bedside manner was rude, curt. I have see at least 6 orthopedics before getting to a neurosurgeon in hopes he could fix my problem; however the staff and his personal PA was outstanding. I will leave it at that.
in Mason, OH |
Our family loves Dr. Borden. He has done surgery on me twice over the years, both neck and back, as well as my husband, sister-in law and friends. Everyone has had a great experience. He is very thoughtful and gives very different recommendations based on the details of the situation. He does both standard surgeries and new techniques. He doesn't sugar coat things. We will keep him in the family!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Terrific surgeon. Very pleased. Outpatient surgery. Back to work!!!
in Montgomery, Ohio. |
Awesome!!! Truly a blessing finding Dr. Borden
in Maineville, OH |
I had a back surgery on December 30, 2014. The back surgery was worse than the pain I had prior to the surgery. The wooden indians that are outside of some Drug Stores have more personality than Borden. The 16 months of severe back pain has made me very limited in what used to be the normal activities that I engaged before the surgery. Be very very careful if you have to have back surgery regarding Borden..
in Mason, OH |
Dr. Borden should be called Mr. No show On my first visit to his office in Montgomery, my appointment time was 9:30 and was told to get there a half hour early. I was taken back to his office at 9:40. At 10:30 I asked where Borden was and they said he was busy with other patients. I waited another 10 minutes and he never came. So I made another appointment for the following week at 8:30. After waiting for 45 minutes he called in sick. So I tried one more time, he didn't show up!!!
in Florence, KY |
Trust back pain diagnosis at your own risk. Spinal fusion is not a cure all for back pain. Can cause more problems than it cures. Borden is a surgeon. He does surgery. Beware.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Are you Dr. Borden?