Dr. Jonathan A. Borden, MD

Dr. Jonathan A. Borden, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

TriHealth Orthopedic and Sports Institute 10547 Montgomery Rd, Montgomery, OH 45242 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Borden specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Montgomery, OH. He practices at 4 locations.

Are you Dr. Borden? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Borden's Experience

See how Dr. Borden's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Borden

Dr. Borden accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Borden has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Borden's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Borden to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Borden
Dr. Borden's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (40)
in Montgomery OH |
I had a disc herniation and my medical doctor thought I would need surgery. Dr. Borden did physical therapy at his TriHealth office (note: he is with TriHealth not Riverhills). It worked great! Really nice guy and straightforward.
in Fairfield, OH |
Great doc! I was referred by my co-worker after her successful surgery, and mine went flawlessly. In and out at Evendale same day. What a great place. Got rid of that leg pain that was hobbling me for 2 months! Wish I got hooked up with Dr. Borden sooner! Great staff!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Borden was so nice and caring! His recommendations made me feel very comfortable. He showed me models and gave me alternatives and explained them well. I can tell he really cares for me. His assistants are so nice and helpful. I walked out of surgery pain free!
in Beavercreek, OH |
Dr. Borden is a great guy. My husband really liked his no nonsense straight talk. I had a very large tumor pressing into my spinal cord and causing severe pain. He removed it with a laser. The whole team was excellent. I loved the care at Bethesda North. Piece of cake.
Loveland, Ohio |
Borden significantly changed my life for the better. For years I struggled with serious lower back pain. I delayed a spinal fusion for about 4 years because I realized it will fix the pain but create other issues surrounding limited range of motion etc. I woke up from surgery in far less pain than I had been in for ten plus years. The outcome has been excellent. Dr. Borden is not a "warm and friendly" type physician. Go to him if you want an excellent surgeon not to make a new friend
Mason, OH |
Apparently my last post was also taken down. Dr. Borden was very rude and curt to me. He looked like he had just woke up and was very sloppy dressed. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
in Cincinnati, OH |
My last post was taken down for Dr. Borden so I will try and be more professional in an attempt to give an accurate experience with Dr. Borden. He has little to no knowledge of my medical history. I told him my medical history rather than having an accurate view of my condition. Bedside manner was rude, curt. I have see at least 6 orthopedics before getting to a neurosurgeon in hopes he could fix my problem; however the staff and his personal PA was outstanding. I will leave it at that.
in Mason, OH |
Our family loves Dr. Borden. He has done surgery on me twice over the years, both neck and back, as well as my husband, sister-in law and friends. Everyone has had a great experience. He is very thoughtful and gives very different recommendations based on the details of the situation. He does both standard surgeries and new techniques. He doesn't sugar coat things. We will keep him in the family!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Terrific surgeon. Very pleased. Outpatient surgery. Back to work!!!
in Montgomery, Ohio. |
Awesome!!! Truly a blessing finding Dr. Borden
in Maineville, OH |
I had a back surgery on December 30, 2014. The back surgery was worse than the pain I had prior to the surgery. The wooden indians that are outside of some Drug Stores have more personality than Borden. The 16 months of severe back pain has made me very limited in what used to be the normal activities that I engaged before the surgery. Be very very careful if you have to have back surgery regarding Borden..
in Mason, OH |
Dr. Borden should be called Mr. No show On my first visit to his office in Montgomery, my appointment time was 9:30 and was told to get there a half hour early. I was taken back to his office at 9:40. At 10:30 I asked where Borden was and they said he was busy with other patients. I waited another 10 minutes and he never came. So I made another appointment for the following week at 8:30. After waiting for 45 minutes he called in sick. So I tried one more time, he didn't show up!!!
in Florence, KY |
Trust back pain diagnosis at your own risk. Spinal fusion is not a cure all for back pain. Can cause more problems than it cures. Borden is a surgeon. He does surgery. Beware.
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan A. Borden, MD?
Are you Dr. Borden?

Compare Dr. Borden

Montgomery, OH 45242

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Neurosurgery

• Ear Disorders
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Brain Surgery
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Yale University

• Alpha Omega Alpha, 1988
    • James Olds Memorial Neuroscience Award, Amherst College, 1984
    • Congress of Neurological Surgeons, First Place Vascular Award, 1994
    • Chromosoma Award, 1988

Dr. Borden has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Borden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Borden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Borden's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
  • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Borden

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Borden's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Borden

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients