Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Borden

Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Cincinnati, OH and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Yale University in 1988 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Borden accepts

Dr. Borden accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Health Span
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Borden's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Borden's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spine Disorders

Dr. Borden treats Spine Disorders more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Borden treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Arthritis of the Spine
  • Degenerative Spine Diseases
  • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine
  • Pediatric Spinal Tumor
  • Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Nerve Disorders
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

3.8

Dr. Borden?
Dr. Borden's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD
Dr Borden fused 4 verterbra in my neck. I was in so much pain every day, and now can turn my head with out pain and terrible headaches! Dr. Borden is a wonderful surgeon, a kind and compassionate man as well. Glenda Noth Loveland Ohio
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
I have had a great experience with Dr. Borden. He really researched and did testing to make sure what the process was going to be. He was always honest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Lifesaver. I lived in terrible pain for years because I was misdiagnosed. The surgeons at the University weren't familiar with the surgery I needed and I was referred to Dr. Borden. There was a tumor wrapped around spinal cord. He removed it with a laser and I feel so much better already. His staff and the nurses at Bethesda North were so great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Great spine surgeon He is very straight and to the point. He diagnosed a spinal cord compression in my father that the other doctors missed. My father was unable to walk and in a nursing home. Dr. Borden did a microsurgery in the middle of his back (thoracic disc). My father is walking 2 weeks after surgery and just came home!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Terrible unprofessional doctor I’ve ever seen! The Dr. Borden you see before surgery is NOT the same Dr. afterwards. He didn’t even see me during my 3days in the hospital. Follow up appointment I was told nerve damage was just a risk of surgery and I would have to deal with it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Thanks to Dr. Borden I lived over a year in pain because the spacer he placed in my back migrated and busted. He told me he could not read the imaging my other doctor ordered (CT and MRI) and said everything was fine and he had no idea why I was in pain. I wish I had obtained other opinions before going to him. I believe the man forgot the hardware he was supposed to put in my back for the fusion because all I had was a spacer and I was told I would have rods and screws!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Dr. Borden is a very intelligent and skilled doctor and surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Awesome doc! Awesome team at TriHealth! I had a minimally invasive lumbar fusion “TLIF” at Evendale and went home same day! Minimal pain meds & back to work in a few weeks. I waited to do this with years of pain, and we are super pleased now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Great surgeon, great staff, great guy. Referred to me by my friend who is an Orthopedic Surgeon. Surgery was very successful. Much of the info here is inaccurate. 1) He is with Trihealth, not Riverhills 2) He dresses in the standard Trihealth uniform of white lab coat and button down shirt 3) He has a very low complication rate He is very straight and doesn’t overpromise or beat around the bush.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Great experience. I was incapacitated with pain and couldn't move by arm. He took the disc out and replaced an artificial disc in my neck. My husband said the surgery was well under a hour. I got instant relief. Went home the same day. Couldn't be happier with the entire experience including the staff at Trihealth Evendale Hospital.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Dr. Borden is a terrific surgeon. I was seen by numerous other specialists in several states who told me the surgery was very risky. Dr. Borden sees people with very difficult problems. He is extremely busy (the waiting room is always packed) but took a great deal of time particularly on the first visit where he went over a lot of information and other opinions. We felt very comfortable and the surgery went very well -- better than expected.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
It has been 3 years since Dr. Borden misdiagnosed my buttocks pain. He advised me that my post surgery MRI was fine. I have been in daily pain since his surgery and have had another MRI done, elsewhere. That MRI shows that my surgery was NOT fine. One of the bolts is exposed and the point threatening a blood supply, and the spinal spacer is moving. The whole job must be redone. To fix his misdiagnosed and sloppy, botched work, I must once again undergo the pain, suffering, and cost of surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
I have, and will continue to recommend Dr. Borden. He did spine surgery on me in late July 2017. Up until that time, I was in terrible pain and totally immobilized. He gave me hope. After the surgery, I was amazed. He removed the bone fragment and repaired the disc. The following day, I cooked breakfast for my caretaker! I have had no issues. He is my "Spine Super-Hero!" I had suffered with back issue for years, they worsened over time. I have a new life now thanks to Dr. Borden's surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Dr Borden put my neck hardware in incorrectly, sticking wayout, crooked and left me in permanent unrelenting pain for the rest of my life. I'm now bedridden at 42 . He's also habitually late and sloppily dressed. Don't make the mistake a lot of us have. Run.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
After more than a year with excruciating back pain due to extensive spinal stenosis, Dr. Borden performed a miracle with his surgery. He performed a laminectomy at 3 levels and used soft fusions to stabilize those spinal levels. I am completely pain free with zero restrictions and limitations. I have full maneuverability. His excellent diagnosis, surgical wisdom, and wonderful patient interaction are top notch. I am so thankful for his caring help and Spot-on diagnosis. He is a 5-Star gem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Very nice before surgery and horrible after. I have failed back syndrome and am told to go to pain management. He refused to read my MRI. His surgery scheduler is just as rude emailing me in all caps. DO NOT GO HERE. I was told after surgery that "95% of patients are 100% pain free in 6 months and they have no idea what my problem is". He told me when I did see him that my MRI was "fine" before even looking at it! Avoid this surgeon like the plague they will act differently after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
I hired Dr Borden to perform my spinal fusion in 2015. I too was left worst after my fusion than before. I had a follow up visit where I expressed feeling much worse after the surgery, After that, it was difficult to get additional appointments. He just wanted to refer me to pain management rather than staying a team member of my care.. While he is a very intelligent individual, his compassion could use some adjusting. He will not acknowledge a failed surgery nor provide proper after care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
After seven years fighting right side of face of Trigeminal neuralgia, I reached a point that all medicines available stopped working by neurologist The system's were so bad that even eating was extremely hard besides the shocks of pain, I reached critical stage in my life. Went to Dr. Borden and after tests and discussions on what would work, I chose surgery. When i woke up after surgery, 1hr 20 min, systems totally gone. No pain from surgery, recover smooth. Definitely recommend to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
Dr Borden is an amazing physician. He knows exactly what needs to be done and will go the extra mile to make sure you feel better. If there's work to be done on your end, he expects you to do it. His bedside manner is not the best but he tries. I had a fusion performed at a surgical center and the entire experience was so easy and I was more than comfortable. I would recommend Dr Borden 1000 times because he gave me my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Borden, MD?
I can't recommend Dr Jonathan Borden based upon my failed surgery with him. Had 4 office visits with him they didn't go well.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Borden?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Borden treats patients.

The Jewish Hospital