Urology  |
Dr. Jonathan Bernie, MD
Dr. Jonathan Bernie, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Norwalk, CT. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Bernie is affiliated with Norwalk Hospital and Stamford Hospital.

12 Elmcrest Ter

• Golden Rule
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Bernie

Dr. Bernie's Experience

Dr. Bernie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Incontinence
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Implants
  • Total Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • University Of California-San Diego Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • University Of California-San Diego Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Indiana University / School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Bernie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bernie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bernie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bernie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bernie to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Bernie's Performance
in Norwalk |
Wait times are very short. They always seem to be on time. The office environment is fine. The staff is very friendly, courteous and fun to be with.. Dr Bernie gives you all the information you are looking for.. I highly recommend him..
in Norwalk, CT |
Dr Bernie is friendly, easy to talk to, he puts you at ease. He fully explains all your options, so you can make the best choice for yourself. Even if not with him. I would highly recommend Dr Bernie.
in Bridgeport Ct |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Bernie who I have seen for over two years. As part of an annual physical I was referred to Dr. Bernie and the Urology Associates of Norwalk, CT where he is one of the physicians. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Bernie, and everyone at the practice. I was asked by my primary physician to follow up on some lab tests and was quickly able to secure an appointment with Dr. Bernie. Within 3 days I had tests and a review with the Doctor and all was good.
in New Canaan CT |
Dr. Bernie is a great doctor very accommodating and professional. Fit me in and was very knowlagable and helpful. Did not feel rushed, spent a good deal of time going over my care.
in New Canaan, CT |
I spent a bit more than six months as a patient of Dr Bernie and absolutely nothing was accomplished. He was quick to rush me out the door and when I found a different urologist to see I asked Dr Bernie's office to send my records to my new doctor and they sent something like two pages of notes with no actual results of any of the tests they did. They also don't return calls which makes it very difficult to speak with the doctor. I cannot recommend this office to anyone.
in Norwalk, CT |
I found Dr. Bernie to be thorough and compassionate in explaining all aspects of prostatectomy surgery and post-op to my wife and me. He took the time to answer any and all questions that we had, and we found him extremely patient and easy to talk to. He is a highly skilled surgeon with a professional and attentive staff. His post-surgery follow up has been excellent and I would highly recommend him to any man faced with Prostate Cancer.
Norwalk, CT |
Highly recommend Dr. Bernie and the excellent office staff at his practice. I was very impressed with Dr. Bernie's staff and their ability to help us understand and handle the stressful situation of scheduling emergency surgery and all that goes along with it. The staff's assistance and helping us understand everything involved with the procedure was immeasurable and we highly recommend Dr. Bernie.
in Norwalk, CT |
After years of being treated by other Urologists for Prostate issues I was seen by Dr. Bernie. After my initial consultation he recomended a procedure called a Urolift. This is a minimally invasive procedure that changed my life. I had the procedure 6 months ago and my only regret is that I did not have it years ago. I am off all prostate medications, no more running to rest rooms and I feel great. Dr. Bernie is easy to communicate with and is always readily available. Thank you Dr. Bernie!
in New Canaan |
Dr. Bernie recently performed my prostate surgery and has been with me each step of the way before and after the procedure. He is a very dedicated surgeon and really cares about his patients. He told me how the procedure would take place and what recovery would be like. His follow up is excellent which for me is critical. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Bernie to any man facing a prostate cancer course to treatment.
Norwalk, CT |
I would recommend Dr Bernie to anyone that needs a caring and professional doctor.
Marlborough, CT |
Dr Bernie is one of the best doctors I've ever been to...caring,sincere and attentive
Westport, CT |
I was seen by Dr. Bernie for less then a minute and without any test results he had already scheduled me for a medical procedure. I went to another doctor for a second opinion and no medical procedure was necessary. Do not trust this so called doctor, he is in it for the money and doesn't care about your health. Less then a minute in his office and it cost me $1,000.00 after insurance.
in Norwalk, CT |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Bernie to anyone looking for an Urologist. He is a skilled surgeon, very patient in explaining medical conditions and procedures, thorough and a professional.
in Woodbridge, CT |
Today I had the pleasure of my first consult with Dr. Bernie and his staff. When I called to schedule as a new patient, I spoke with Teri, the coordinator. She was professional and helpful. I saw her on the way out today and she could not have been more efficient and warm. Sherry, the US tech was also fantastic. She made me very comfortable and she is great at what she does. Dr. Bernie is relaxed and patient. He listened and we agreed on a course. He has a warm bedside manner. A+ in my book!
in Wilton, CT |
Excellent surgeon!
in Wilton, CT |
Dr. Bernie has been my urologist for about ten years thru two surgeries in addition to normal checkups and periodic ailments. He is very professional in evaluating my conditions and offers easy to understand explanations of the problems and the solutions. He and his excellent staff have treated me with respect and let me know by their actions that my health is very important to them. I highly recommend Dr. Bernie.
Norwalk, CT |
My experience with dr bernie and his staff has been exceptional. He took his time explaining the procedure to me and made me feel more at ease.
in Newtown, CT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Bernie for his professional expertise and compassion. Due to blood in my urine, my Primary Physician referred me to Dr. Bernie. I am a cancer survivor. When Dr. Bernie saw how anxious I got because I needed to wait for another test that could show I possibly had another cancer, he immediately told his staff to fit me in his schedule for the next day. Dr. Bernie was clear in his explanation, thorough and kind. Also, his staff was professional. Great doctor!!
in Norwalk, CT |
I THINK DR BERNIE IS THE BEST...COMPASSIONATE, INFORMATIVE AND A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR.
in Norwalk, CT |
I was referred to Dr. Bernie by my PCP for a tumor on my kidney. I was very happy with the referral. He spent time with me that I really needed to explain and understand what exactly I was up against. My surgery went well. He saved my life. I would and will recommend him to anyone in need of a top notch doctor.
in Connecticut |
I found this doctor to be excellent from the beginning to the end of my experience with him. I went to his office because of what I thought was kidney stones. The urine sample indicated that I had microscopic blood cells in it. I was sent for a scan of my kidneys and it was discovered that I not only had a kidney stone, but also a 5 cm tumor on my left kidney. Dr. Bernie (and his colleague Dr. Batter) recommended that I immediately go to surgery. They were very clear about what to expect.
in Southbury, CT |
Over the past ten years I have had a number of cystoscopies with Dr. Bernie; 4 as an office procedure and 2 at Norwalk,CT Hospital where he is Chief of the Urology Dept. Bladder tumors were removed and I feel wonderful again! Dr. Bernie is both competent and compassionate. I highly recommend him for everyone regardless of age or gender. I am presently 91.7 and plan to enter a tennis tournament this summer. If nobody shows up in my age classification, I win the trophy.
A poorly organized practice with insufficient patient follow up. An extremely arrogant individual, with little or no communication skills. His lack of follow up lead me to develop the most serious level of bladder cancer with which I am now struggling. Do not go to this doctor or this practice.
in Woodstock, CT |
I found working with Dr. Bernie to be as good as experience as you can have during prostrate cancer. He was kind, direct and spent plenty of time answering questions from my wife and I.
Westport, CT |
A greedy man who will stop at no opportunity to cut a patient consult or procedure short so that he can reschedule another. The bedside manner of an accountant--his!
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Bernie, MD?
Are you Dr. Bernie?

Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health