Dr. Jonathan Bernie, MD

Dr. Jonathan Bernie, MD

Urology | Male

Dr. Jonathan Bernie, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Norwalk, CT. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Bernie is affiliated with Norwalk Hospital and Stamford Hospital.

Dr. Bernie's Experience

See how Dr. Bernie's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bernie

Dr. Bernie accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bernie has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bernie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bernie to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Bernie's Performance
Norwalk, CT |
I would recommend Dr Bernie to anyone that needs a caring and professional doctor.
Marlborough, CT |
Dr Bernie is one of the best doctors I've ever been to...caring,sincere and attentive
Norwalk, CT |
Dr. Bernie is an extremely attentive and compassionate physician. He spent as much time as i needed to ask all the questions i had and answered them in a way i could easily understand.
Westport, CT |
I was seen by Dr. Bernie for less then a minute and without any test results he had already scheduled me for a medical procedure. I went to another doctor for a second opinion and no medical procedure was necessary. Do not trust this so called doctor, he is in it for the money and doesn't care about your health. Less then a minute in his office and it cost me $1,000.00 after insurance.
in Norwalk, CT |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Bernie to anyone looking for an Urologist. He is a skilled surgeon, very patient in explaining medical conditions and procedures, thorough and a professional.
in Woodbridge, CT |
Today I had the pleasure of my first consult with Dr. Bernie and his staff. When I called to schedule as a new patient, I spoke with Teri, the coordinator. She was professional and helpful. I saw her on the way out today and she could not have been more efficient and warm. Sherry, the US tech was also fantastic. She made me very comfortable and she is great at what she does. Dr. Bernie is relaxed and patient. He listened and we agreed on a course. He has a warm bedside manner. A+ in my book!
in Wilton, CT |
Excellent surgeon!
in Wilton, CT |
Dr. Bernie has been my urologist for about ten years thru two surgeries in addition to normal checkups and periodic ailments. He is very professional in evaluating my conditions and offers easy to understand explanations of the problems and the solutions. He and his excellent staff have treated me with respect and let me know by their actions that my health is very important to them. I highly recommend Dr. Bernie.
Norwalk, CT |
My experience with dr bernie and his staff has been exceptional. He took his time explaining the procedure to me and made me feel more at ease.
in Newtown, CT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Bernie for his professional expertise and compassion. Due to blood in my urine, my Primary Physician referred me to Dr. Bernie. I am a cancer survivor. When Dr. Bernie saw how anxious I got because I needed to wait for another test that could show I possibly had another cancer, he immediately told his staff to fit me in his schedule for the next day. Dr. Bernie was clear in his explanation, thorough and kind. Also, his staff was professional. Great doctor!!
in Norwalk, CT |
I THINK DR BERNIE IS THE BEST...COMPASSIONATE, INFORMATIVE AND A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR.
in Norwalk, CT |
I was referred to Dr. Bernie by my PCP for a tumor on my kidney. I was very happy with the referral. He spent time with me that I really needed to explain and understand what exactly I was up against. My surgery went well. He saved my life. I would and will recommend him to anyone in need of a top notch doctor.
in Connecticut |
I found this doctor to be excellent from the beginning to the end of my experience with him. I went to his office because of what I thought was kidney stones. The urine sample indicated that I had microscopic blood cells in it. I was sent for a scan of my kidneys and it was discovered that I not only had a kidney stone, but also a 5 cm tumor on my left kidney. Dr. Bernie (and his colleague Dr. Batter) recommended that I immediately go to surgery. They were very clear about what to expect.
in Southbury, CT |
Over the past ten years I have had a number of cystoscopies with Dr. Bernie; 4 as an office procedure and 2 at Norwalk,CT Hospital where he is Chief of the Urology Dept. Bladder tumors were removed and I feel wonderful again! Dr. Bernie is both competent and compassionate. I highly recommend him for everyone regardless of age or gender. I am presently 91.7 and plan to enter a tennis tournament this summer. If nobody shows up in my age classification, I win the trophy.
A poorly organized practice with insufficient patient follow up. An extremely arrogant individual, with little or no communication skills. His lack of follow up lead me to develop the most serious level of bladder cancer with which I am now struggling. Do not go to this doctor or this practice.
in Woodstock, CT |
I found working with Dr. Bernie to be as good as experience as you can have during prostrate cancer. He was kind, direct and spent plenty of time answering questions from my wife and I.
Westport, CT |
A greedy man who will stop at no opportunity to cut a patient consult or procedure short so that he can reschedule another. The bedside manner of an accountant--his!
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Bernie, MD?
Are you Dr. Bernie?

Compare Dr. Bernie

Dr. Bernie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Bernie has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bernie's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Incontinence
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

University Of California-San Diego Medical Center

Completed in 2003

Indiana University / School of Medicine

Completed in 2004

Dr. Bernie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bernie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Implants
  • Total Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry