Dr. Jonathan Aviv, MD

Dr. Jonathan Aviv, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Jonathan Aviv, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

18 E 48th St Fl 2

New York, NY 10017

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MagnaCare
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Aviv

See how frequently Dr. Aviv performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laryngitis
Dysphagia
Larynx Conditions

Dr. Aviv's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Dysphagia
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer

• Endoscopy
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Laryngoscopy
  • Sinus Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Aviv has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Aviv does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aviv and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Aviv's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Aviv to family and friends
Dr. Aviv's Performance
in White Plains, NY |
Competent patient and compassionate
Puteaux, IDF |
Dr Aviv is your lucky strike. If you have spent months looking for an intelligent, razor-sharp, attentive and thorough doctor well versed not only in his field but in internal medicine and able to see your case in a wider context, he is your guy. I would not wish for a better ENT.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Aviv is the best. He takes the time to figure out the problem and is extremely caring. I always feel very comfortable and taken care of when I am in his office. His assistant is wonderful too!
in Jackson, NJ |
I was very pleased with Dr. Aviv. He was very informative and patient. I felt confident with his diagnosis and plan of healing me. I have had a cough for 20 years and have been to many doctors but could not seem to get the proper diagnosis and help I needed. He was quick to diagnosis me and knew exactly what was going on. I would highly recommend him.
in Bronx, NY |
I've been suffering with acid reflux for many years, but often misdiagnosed and treated for asthma. Recently I began experiencing burning in my throat, ears, and nostrils, and had a cough and hoarseness I couldn't control. I found out about Dr. Aviv's book, The Acid Watcher Diet, and the timing couldn't be better. I immediately schedule an appointment to see him, then followed the diet to the letter. Now, just three month later, I feel brand new, and have lost 14 pounds in the process. Yeah!!
Toms River , NJ |
Very knowledgeable doctor. Dr Aviv listens to your complaints and encourages your feedback. He is professional yet friendly. I have been going to him for about three years and he has controlled my problem. I highly recommend him.
in Stroudsburg, PA |
At my first appointment with Dr. Aviv, I was impressed with his caring and professional manner. I found him to be personable and very knowledgeable about my present health condition. Although I was quite nervous about the testing procedure, Dr. Aviv was gentle and so proficient that my fears were quickly removed. His explanation of the testing results was very thorough and helped me to understand why I was having a problem. I will continue to commute from PA to NYC to see Dr. Aviv.
Forest Hills, NY |
Since I have been under the care of Dr. Aviv, my GERD symptoms have been reduced markedly and I have reduced the number of medications I use. Dr. Aviv is not only very competent and kind, he is a good and caring listener.
in Glendale NY |
I have been a patient of his for two years now. I am being treated for acid reflux and vocal cord therapy. He is highly experienced and makes the throat exam fairly comfortable. He has a new book "The Acid Watcher's Diet" which contains myriads of helpful information on this topic. I highly recommend him and also want to thank his staff for their courtesy and efficiency.
in Ocean, NJ |
I was very satisfied with my appointment. Dr Aviv was thorough in taking my medical history and examined me in the office. He used a scan to help me understand the particulars of my medical issues and offered me information to address these medical issues. I have recommended him to friends who are dealing with acid reflux. I have also recommended his book.
New York, NY |
Dr. Aviv was able to diagnose my problem and prescribe and program that saved me from a dismal future.
in Doylestown, PA |
I saw dr. Aviv for severe silent reflux disease. He did a test right in the office and found that not only do I have reflux, but also a disorder with my vocal cords that is contributing to all my coughing.
in East Windsor, nj |
Dr. Aviv's expertise made me feel confident about his diagnosis regarding my condition. He is thorough and cautious, ordering testing to pinpoint my problem. I am happy that I found an expert to help me.
New York, NY |
Knowledgeable but has the bedside manner one would expect of Dr. Donald Trump.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Aviv is an exceptional doctor. I've never had a doctor spend so much time with me and be so thorough. He put me at ease immediately and treated me very respectfully.
in New York, NY |
Jonathan Aviv is a brilliant doctor and a genuinely warm and caring human being. He explained my medical condition clearly and simply and what I needed to do to resolve it. Dr. Aviv is the inventor of the endoscopic testing technology he used to evaluate my condition. (He explains and demonstrates this instrument in a fascinating You Tube interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ69pJ63KGU Dr. Aviv is the author of The Acid Watcher Diet: A 28-Day Reflux Prevention and Healing Program.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Aviv is very personable, listens carefully, remembers who his patients are, and really tries to work with patients to figure out a plan they can live with. He pays attention, and he has a good sense of humor. His office is efficient and generally friendly as well, and his PA is terrific. They're both efficient and don't keep you sitting around all day, but I also never feel rushed; if I have questions or concerns, they take the time to listen and answer them.
in New York, NY |
He's terrific. The most knowledgeable in his field.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Aviv is a very personable and thorough doctor. He took a lot of time to review all my records and double checked the changes in my medications to make sure that I was getting the best benefits from them. Dr Aviv is caring and made sure that I understood all his instructions before I left the office. I really appreciate his approach in using prevention and proper nutrition to avoid and mediate medical conditions.
accurate diagnosis and treatment
New York |
Expert diagnosis. A treatment plan that works.
in New York, NY |
My throat was hurting for over a year, no one could figure out why. Finally I went to Dr. Aviv, and he figured out right away what it was. He's also kind, friendly, warm, and a pleasure to work with.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Aviv was prompt, efficient with diagnostic and treatment. He is very thorough and does follow up. Extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.. I have already recommended him to family and friends.
in New York, NY |
I actually raved at Dr. Aviv to friends. I learned alot about what was happening with me, he was patient, informative and instilled confidence.
in New York, NY |
I was referred to Dr Aviv by my GI for my damaged Larynx due to acid reflux. I am writing this review aft. 6 weeks of his amazing, life saver, ACID WATCHER DIET! HE CURED THE ROOT OF MY DISEASE! He has invented a method that can see your larynx and esophagus without pain or anesthesia. HE IS A GENIUS! Today I was amazed by seeing my larynx before and aft diet images. My larynx has healed. Dr Aviv is a miracle worker! His bed side manner is also fabulous! I strongly recommend him! THANKS
Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Aviv, MD?
Are you Dr. Aviv?

See our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Aviv