Dr. Jon Wee, MD

Dr. Jon Wee, MD

Thoracic Surgery  |
Dr. Jon Wee, MD is a thoracic surgery doctor who practices in Boston, MA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Wee is affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital and South Shore Hospital.

75 Francis St

Boston, MA 02115

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Wee

See how frequently Dr. Wee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Cancer
Lung Cancer
Lung Surgery

Dr. Wee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wee "As a physician and surgeon, my goal is to approach patients as a complete person, to offer education about their disease and the possible options for care, to meet the patient's needs for support, and deliver treatment of the highest caliber. Minimize pain, improve recovery and return to activity, and address the patients needs with minimally invasive, robot assisted, traditional, and innovative approaches to care."

• Thoracic Surgery

• Empyema
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Foregut Disorders
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hemophilia

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Lung Surgery
  • Lung Transplant
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy (MIE)
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic (VATS) Lobectomy
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic (VATS) Thymectomy
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Brigham and Women's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Upmc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Wee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wee to family and friends
Dr. Wee Says:

This is Dr.Wee responding the review on 2/16/16: This review is quite unusual and is difficult to address as it is out of our norm and we are not aware of anyone who had this experience. It is unfortunate when any patient has a bad experience. Our goal is to make sure we address all of our patients' concerns. We try to make sure that all of our patients have time to ask questions...

Dr. Wee's Performance
in Rockland, MA |
Dr. Wee saw me at South Shore Hospital on Sunday at 12.00PM at 3.oo PM iwas operated on at Bringhams & Womens for a ruptured stomsch. At the present time I am able to exercise five days a week on the treadmill, exercise bike and light weights. I am able to play golf during the week days. I am 83 years of age and weigh 160 pounds. I owe my existing life to Dr. Wee
in NORTH ANDOVER, MA. |
Wonderful, caring Doctor. He was right there for me at all times. You will be in trusted hands with Dr. Jon Wee. Don
in Raynham Ma |
Dr Wee thoroughly explained the procedure, and I went into the surgery with no fears because of my complete trust in him and his staff. The results of the procedure were outstanding. It solved many ailments and concerns that I had.
in Braintree, MA |
I was fortunate to have Dr. Wee perform my recent thoracic surgery. He and his staff were excellent. They answered all of my questions before and after surgery. The surgery went well, and Dr. Wee explained everything thoroughly. Dr. Wee more than met my expectations. Thank you to Dr.Wee and his staff.
in Dover, MA |
I had a very positive and welcoming experience when I came in for my appointment with Dr. Wee. The meeting was very informative and will aid me in making decisions for my medical condition in the future. I have been a patient of Dr. Wee's for seven years and I look forward to his continued care.
in Fairhaven, MA |
Dr.Wee was thoroughly professional and explained the procedure that I will be receiving. I have the utmost confidence and hope to make a full recovery.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Wee was caring and informative, explained the procedure and the possible outcomes clearly and directly. As I was being released from the hospital on mid day Sunday, Dr. Wee took the time to come to my room to speak to us and to wish us well. His support staff responded to my questions once I was at home in a clear and timely manner. My experience with Dr. Wee and his staff was and is top rate.
in Norwell, MA |
we have had great experience with Dr Wee hisP A Isabella is fabulous too
in Danvers, MA |
Dr. Wee has seen me through two life threatening episodes. It is impossible to express my gratitude for his incredible skill and care. I continue to rely on him and his staff. The office staff, from those checking you in to those taking your vitals, have always been helpful and friendly. I greatly appreciate how Dr. Wee and the other doctors I see work so well together. My care has been unmatched.
in Tewksbury, MA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Wee for the past four years. He is treating me for lung cancer. He has done one surgery on me which produced wonderful results. I find Dr. Wee to be a great doctor. He listens to my concerns and answers my questions honestly. His staff are courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. My appointments are met in a timely manner. I would recommend Dr. Wee 100% to any patient needing Thoracic Surgery. I call him a great Doctor and a "good man".....
in Andover, MA |
My experience with Dr. Wee has been most positive. Professionally, I find his demeanor, less invasive surgical approach, and skill with the Da vinci robot to be without peer. As an individual, I find him to be compassionate, thoughtful, patient and caring. He always makes time to listen to my concerns offering helpful medical advice and guidance. To say "I would trust him with my life" is not simply a phrase. I have. In my opinion Dr. Wee is the best Thoracic Surgeon in Boston.
in Weymouth, MA |
My husband always goes to appointments with me, since two sets of ears are better than one set. He has said that Dr. Wee is the best doctor he has ever seen. He is definitely my favorite one, and I've been to quite a few doctors in my life. Dr. Wee has diagnosed my problems correctly and fixed them, too. After my hiatal hernia surgery he saw a spot on my lung in a CAT scan and predicted it to be cancer. He removed the spot ,which indeed a very small cancer. We'd recommend Dr. Wee to anyone.
in Marshfield, MA |
Dr.Wee did Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery on cancer of my esophagus one year ago. Now I am able to eat all foods with no discomfort. I am very happy with the result. Dr.Wee is a fine gentleman and doctor. I would recommend him very highly.
in Farmington, NH |
I travel down from New Hampshire because of my faith in Dr. Wee. Timely, knowledgeable, thorough, and a very easy-to-handle personality.
in millis ma |
Dr.Wee is an excellent surgeon He is confident and brilliant .He made us feel comfortable and explained every thing to us, and everything transpired exactly how he said it would. He saved my life. I would highly recommend him to anyone in my situation.
in Fairhaven, MA |
He was very knowledgeable and treated me thoughtfully considering all options. After the initial visit with him I felt 100% better
in Weymouth, MA |
I found Dr. Wee to be thorough, upfront and honest during the diagnosis process. He is actually fairly personable which has not always been my experience with other doctors.
in Hilton Head Island, SC |
Dr. Wee is a Rockstar and saved my husband's life, and less invasive !!! He is kind, takes the time, and compassionate. His staff, the nurses at BWH are Superior.
in Arlington, MA |
Able to get consult appointment within one day. Dr. Wee's office was very efficient in gathering my information and preliminary vital data. Dr. Wee provided open and clear communication during visit.
in Plymouth, MA |
Through, efficient, clean, and personable
in Connecticut |
I was referred to Dr. Wee by my oncologist for a thoracotomy and lobectomy. Dr. Wee was very approachable, very nice and patient, and explained the surgery in detail and what to expect during recovery. Surgery went very well. Hope I never need thoracic surgery again but if I do, Dr. Wee will be the surgeon.
in Boston, MA |
Thorough, caring and supportive - excellent surgeon with great skill in minimally invasive robotic surgery.
in Lanesborough, MA |
Dr. Wee and everyone in that office is the absolute epitome' of professionalism, very friendly and attentive, takes the time to answer questions thoroughly and spend whatever time is necessary to ensure patients questions are answered in easy to understand terms while carefully reviewing history and offering the best possible advice and recommendations to ensure the best possible outcome for patients. I very highly recommend Dr. Wee and give him the highest possible marks in every category.
I found him to be unwilling to answer questions. He was incredibly arrogant. He had horrible follow through. He recommended a referal then never made it happen and didn't respond to follow up message. He did a poor job explaining procedure and I have no confidence in the job he did. I would strongly recommend going to a different doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Jon Wee, MD?
Are you Dr. Wee?