Dr. Jon Warner, MD

Dr. Warner
Telehealth services available

Massachusetts General Hosp

55 Fruit St # Yaw Boston, MA 02114

Dr. Jon Warner, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Boston, MA. Dr. Warner has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Massachusetts General Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Warner to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in Boston

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Warner accepts

Dr. Warner accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder/Upper Arm specialists.

Typically treats 62% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 13 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis

Dr. Warner treats Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Warner treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Warner treats Shoulder Disorders more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Warner treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement

Dr. Warner performs Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Warner performs this procedure more than 95% of their peers

• Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complex Shoulder Joint Replacement
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Foot Fracture
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Dr. Warner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Warner

4.5

Dr. Warner?
I had a consult with Dr Warner regarding avascular necrosis happening after ORIF of a very severe Proximal Humeral Fracture - He came highly recommended and was straightforward about his thoughts and treatment options - i proceeded with the recommended reverse replacement surgery and it has been life changing - I am back to my career as a Dental Hygienist - this happened in my 35th year of practice. I am amazed that i am back to work and fully functional - Dr Warner is the GO TO guy for shoulder revision and replacement- I am beyond grateful and thankful - !
Kathy Vowels – Sep 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Had a fall and damaged my humorous, requiring a shoulder joint replacement. Dr. Warner is exceptionally competent and uses Computer prosthetic fitting before surgery to ensure perfect outcomes. There are none better where shoulder issues are involved. Highest recommendation.
Scott Broughton – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
I’ve had surgery on my shoulder twice for two different conditions he is TERRIFIC nobody else will ever touch my shoulder ??
Michie – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Trying to get surgery date, and having no luck. very very frustrating and rude.
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Dr Warner did a Total Reverse Shoulder replacement for me one year ago. I had been in pain for a number of years and was in pretty bad shape. My total experience with his practice was phenomenal and today I can do anything I want with my repaired shoulder. I have great flexibility and can lift as much weight as I could many years ago. I highly recommend Dr Warner for anyone requiring shoulder replacement.
Tom Wright – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
I went to Dr. Warner 5 years ago for a second opinion after another DR. did a shoulder replacement that went bad, he went in and redid the replacement and it's been great. I just had my other shoulder joint replaced 6 months ago and I have full motion no pain and no issues. I recommend Dr. Warner and his staff to anyone that has shoulder issues it is worth the wait the process does take time they do a great job.
Jim 1/6/2020 – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
I am an endurance triathlete who suffered a grade 3 AC separation in a bike accident. I tried non-operative / conservative means of treatment for almost a year which was disappointing both from a physical and psychological perspective. Dr Warner came very highly recommended and performed endoscopic and open surgery to alleviate the problem. I am 9 weeks post op my shoulder deformity has been resolved. Additionally, I have regained 90-95 % flexibility within 3 weeks of starting physical therapy and start training with light weights next week. I highly recommend Jon Warner without hesitation.
Adam Levy – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Back in the year 2000 after seeing many so called experts like at University of Miami they could not help me nor know what to do about my winging scapula in Florida at all. I took matters into my own hands and had found Dr Jon JP Warner on the internet. I went to see him and he took a conservative approach and gave me options. After several years of pain and no mobility I had Dr Jon Warner do a dynamic muscle transfer to fix my Winging Scapula with serratus anterior dysfunction due to long thoracic neuropathy. I am now 19 years post op and a happy and satisfied patient. This Doctor is the best. No need to look further as I had the most complicated problem and he gave me back my function to my arm and shoulder. So if you have a shoulder problem that is simple or even the most complicated like mine was call Dr Warner and see him at Harvard Shoulder Service at Mass General hospital. Thank You Dr Jon JP Warner.....Your Patient Brian C.
Brian – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
I am a 71 year-old male who had a total reverse shoulder replacement 6 months ago and I could not be happier, thanks to Dr. Warner and his excellent medical staff. I had very severe arthritis in my shoulder, which significantly restricted my range of motion and gave me considerable pain. After the surgery was performed, I experienced very little pain thanks to the icing and medication I was prescribed. Soon after surgery, I started physical therapy: at 3 months I was doing easy swings with a golf club, at 4 months playing pickle ball, at 5 months playing regular golf and working out in the gym, and now, my shoulder feels strong and natural. I am extremely pleased with the steady progression of my rehabilitation and the restored capabilities of my shoulder. Thank you, Dr. Warner!
R. Brown, Hartford, CT – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Surgical procedure went exactly as described and I am completely satisfied.
Paul Hamilton – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Dr Warner is the best in his field. I've had several other orthopedic surgeons, so I know what I'm talking about. It's hard to get an appointment, but if you're patient (pun) it will be worth it. He's a great doctor, and his staff is wonderful, but expect to wait a while for your appointment - he's always running 1+ hour late.
Donna in Boston, MA – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Dr Warner did a revision to my reverse shoulder replacement. I had a replacement done in November 2017 by a different surgeon. The revision was done January 2019. Before Dr Warner did the revision I was in constant pain and had a limited range of motion. Since my revision I do not have any pain and increased range of motion. I cannot express the gratitude I have for Dr Warner. He has given me back my active lifestyle. I highly recommend him to anyone contemplating shoulder surgery.
Nancy Clement in Middleboro, MA – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
My experience with Dr. Warner was excellent in every way. I found him to be kind, compassionate and brilliant. I was in terrible pain with my shoulder prior to surgery, and I am now 100 percent! I can do everything I want to! I highly recommend Jon Warner for total shoulder replacement. Its been one year now, and I am 100 percent satisfied, thrilled I found him to do my surgery.Don't hesitate to see him. There are long wait times, but he is worth the wait.
Anita – Jun 14, 2019
rude & arrogant !!!
Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Dr Warner has been a god send. After two botched surgeries from another doctor and 4 very long years of constant pain and decreased range of motion on my dominant arm, he was able to increase my motion and decrease my pain. I will never be 100 % because of my 2 prior surgeries but my pain is tolerable and my motion is better. Thank you Dr Warner.
A satisfied patient – Jun 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Dr. Warner improved my quality of life 100%. He was highly recommended by many doctors and indeed he has excellent clinical & surgical skills. He does his homework and approaches surgery with extreme care. His amazing team, Dr. Galvin & Dr. Gasbarro inspired the utmost confidence by their wealth of knowledge & skill. All 3 doctor's professionalism, dedication, & integrity are beyond reproach. My experience was phenomenal & I could not be happier. My gratitude & my warmest thanks! Lonnie F.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Rude, arrogant and uncompassionate. If u don't need a shoulder replacement or have a full rotator tear don't waste your time with this doc. He just wants successes on his books. Doesn't like to be asked questions and does not make follow-up appts after sending u for a dx injection, he sends u a letter of his thoughts
Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
I had a reverse shoulder replacement, before that my arm was practically immobile and now I swim, do yoga and paint. My whole outlook on life is Amazing! I’m no longer depressed! Dr. Warner gave me my life back, he is a renowned expert (God) that knows what he is doing!
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Dr. Jon JP Warner is the best of the best! From the moment that I walked into Dr. Warner’s office at MGH, I knew I was in the right place. I was treated exceedingly well by everyone I came into contact with including Dr. Warner. My injuries were completely reviewed and explained to me along with all my options in an extremely professional and caring manner. Surgery was recommended and my recovery has gone extremely well and without complications. I am almost 4 months post op and have regained ab
Pete Petruchik in Boston, MA – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?
Dear Doctor Warner, Four years ago on January 5 th, 2015 you fully replaced my right shoulder. To this day whenever I think of my surgery or mention it to someone I always ask God to bless you. Your expertise has allowed me to live pain free and use my right arm to do so many activities I was unable to perform. On this my “fourth anniversary” I thank you so very, very much. God bless you Doctor Warner. Most sincerely, Harry D. Kouloheras
Harry Kouloheras in Tyngsborough – Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jon Warner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Warner?

Our pledge is to provide state of the art patient care with compassion and empathy in a patient-centric model while honoring our commitment to academic excellence, research and a critical analysis of patient outcomes. We will help every patient to be...Read more

U Rochester