Dr. Jon Norberg, MD

Dr. Jon Norberg, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery | Male

I believe in meeting patients' individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment. I combine leading edge techniques with proven traditional methods. I work to develop a partnership with my patients. I make sure patients understand their own unique problem, their treatment choices, and the recovery process. I explain how various treatments can improve or repair the problem. When we consider treatment options, I present an up front and realistic outlook on the results we can achieve. I make sure patients are well informed about their conditions and the treatment choices available.

I specialize in the treatment of finger, hand, wrist and elbow problems  from every day straightforward hand complaints to highly complex subspecialty care level problems.

Dr. Norberg's Experience

See how Dr. Norberg's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Norberg

Dr. Norberg accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Norberg has admitting privileges.

Dr. Norberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Norberg to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Norberg Says:

Thank you for your comments regarding the care you received.  Your feedback helps us to see where we are strong and doing well, and the areas that we need to improve upon.

Thank you!

Dr. Norberg's Performance
    in Fargo, ND |
    Dr. Norberg is one of the top hand specialists in the United States. I am a Dental Hygienist and required arthroplasties with carpal tunnel release on both hands. It took 22 months for the surgeries and recovery with a lot of physical therapy and exercises to do at home.I had seen several physicians before and after and every physician I seen after was blown away that I was able to return to my beloved profession of dentistry. He is the Best!! A grateful patient. Thank you
    in New Rockford, ND |
    Dr. Norberg was very kind & caring, and took the time to listen regarding my thumb issue. He provided me with options (unlike the 1st doctor I saw). I did end up having surgery and it turned out very well. He is very professional & explained everything to me. I am very impressed with Dr. Norberg and would recommend him to everyone.
    in Binford, ND |
    An awesome doctor all the way around! He listens, he cares, and the surgery I had with him healed fast and not even a scar on either finger.
    Not good at all!!! it just was a quick go in and quick send you on your way. he didnt do anything to help my hand issue thats been bothering me and wasnt even confidential at all thought it was goin to be a 1 on 1 consult. Very disapppointed
    I'm sorry that this was your experience. Doesn't sound like how I practice at all. Are you sure it was me that you saw. I would be happy see you and address you hand problems and be sure you have a better experience.
    in Bemidji, MN |
    Currently seeing him for tendon repair in my hand. He has provided excellent care before sugery, surgical care, and also currently post surgical.
    Have you seen Dr. Jon Norberg, MD?

Dr. Norberg's Care Philosophy

Dr. Norberg says...

Hand, wrist and elbow surgery. I have specialty training in Orthopedic Surgery and additional training (fellowship) specific to injuries and ailments of the hand, wrist and elbow.

My specific focus since 2002 is treating conditions affecting the nerves, tendons, muscles, joints and bones of the fingers, hand, wrist and elbow.  My practice is exclusive to treatment of hand, wrist and elbow.

By focusing on a narrow field of medicine I have been able to hone my skills to become an expert in my chosen field which leads to superior outcomes for my patients.

Dr. Norberg says...

I treat almost all conditions of the hand, wrist and elbow and have a particular interest in arthritis treatment and fracture care.

I am one of the few hand surgeons in the region to perform resurfacing arthroplasty (joint replacement) for the small joints of the hand and fingers.  This is an exciting and evolving area in hand surgery and I have experienced good outcomes for my patients.

Thank you!

Dr. Norberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
    •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in North Dakota not available
    •  Sanctions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for North Dakota.

Dr. Norberg has received 2 sanctions

• Disciplinary action in another state (1/7/2014)
      • Action Taken: Suspension
      • Summary: Dr. Jon D. Norberg; License # MD418778; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician had disciplinary action taken against him by the proper licensing authority of North Dakota. ACTION TAKEN: The Pennsylvania Board of Medicine indefinitely suspended the physician's license until such time that the physician can prove his North Dakota license has been restored to an active unrestricted status.
      • State: Pennsylvania
      • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (8/12/2013)
      • Action Taken: License Reinstatement with Restrictions and/or Terms and Conditions
      • Summary: Please reference the following Document
      • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
      • State: North Dakota

• Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Fracture
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Extra-Articular Fracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Scaphoid Fractures
    • Simple Fractures
    • Tendon Injuries
    • Tendonitis
    • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
    • Trigger Finger

Completed in 2002

University Of North Dakota / Main Campus

Graduated in 1992

• French

Dr. Norberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Norberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery