Dr. Jon-David Hoppenfeld, MD

Dr. Jon-David Hoppenfeld, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Dr. Jon-David Hoppenfeld, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Charlotte, NC. He has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Hoppenfeld is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center and Carolinas HealthCare System University.

Dr. Hoppenfeld's Experience

See how Dr. Hoppenfeld's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hoppenfeld

Dr. Hoppenfeld accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hoppenfeld has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hoppenfeld's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hoppenfeld to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Hoppenfeld's Performance
Charlotte, NC |
Everyone's in the office was very unprofessional. The nurse took my notes down on a paper towel. He made me wait in the exam room for over half an hour before seeing me. He implied my specialist didn't know what he was doing. When I got emotional about my pain he got up and left the room before I could finish my questions with him. He said the nurse would be in to see me, patted me awkwardly on the shoulder and left quickly. I would not recommend him, or his office in general.
Charlotte, NC |
I will start by saying that I don’t like going to see the Doctor, however, I recently saw Dr. Hoppenfeld and it was a very easy and warm visit. The process was simple and the staff was kind. When Dr. Hoppenfeld entered the exam room, he took his time to make sure that he had a full understanding of my health history. I felt like I was the only patient he had. After the examination, he answered all my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Hoppenfeld.
in Mint Hill, NC |
Dr Jon Hoppenfeld is an excellent pain management doctor! He truly cares about each & every one of his patients....he goes out of his way to personally see that your pain is managed correctly! I highly recommend him!
in cornelius, nc |
Rude, insulting, humiliating, bullying. Was sending me to spine Dr. in CLT .Said I have spine Dr. here (meaning Huntersville) Said there are no spine doctors here. Was referred to him by doctor with Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Huntersville. Had an MRI in 2014. Showed a tumor on spinal cord. Said, "I think you have a broken back and I cannot treat you unless you have another MRI. Went back for results, receptionist put ID band on wrist for a procedure with no info on MRI and no consent.
in Charlotte, NC 28277 |
Dr. Hoppenfeld is the third pain clinic I've been to for my back, herniated discs, Don't believe any bad reviews, I think the Dr. And his office staff are the best. He knows exactly what I need and is a great listener. His staff is so much nicer than the other places. When people are in pain, the last thing they need is a hostile staff and a doctor I couldn't even get to talk to (like the others). Dr. Hoppenfeld is the best, also he's highly qualified. Pan Garrison.
in Charlotte, NC |
I have to say the professionalism of the office it self is very poor. I was referred to Dr Hoppenfeld by my surgeon for injections for herniated disc. I saw him once which I have to say that I still continued pain in my lower back from the herniated disc with arthritis. Long awful story short I was not able to him today because I was 13 min late. Which again I had called to confirm my my appt and I was on my way. I refuse to back to see this doctor because he refused to see me. Just awful!
Concord, NC |
Dr Hoppenfeld presents as a frat boy who just rolled out of bed. He and his partners show minimal knowledge of pain management options and seem comfortable prescribing only over the counter medications for patients in serious pain. His treatments are not effective and his staff do not return calls. This practice is, without a doubt, the least impressive among the dozens I have known over the years. Don't waste your time.
You can never get a Restriction note for work So even though you're still in pain you can't you have to continue your regular job Because he could not get a note A waste of my time Going for a follow up visit Because it was the same thing we talk He what it was waiting on the simulator in In I've been in pain for since 2011 and here it is 2016 still nothing better
Have you seen Dr. Jon-David Hoppenfeld, MD?
Are you Dr. Hoppenfeld?

Compare Dr. Hoppenfeld

Dr. Hoppenfeld's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Neurology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Hoppenfeld has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hoppenfeld's Board Certifications

New York University Medical Center

Completed in 2007

Beth Israel Medical Center

Completed in 2008

Dr. Hoppenfeld does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hoppenfeld and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine