Dr. Johnny Swiger, MD

Dr. Johnny Swiger, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·

Dr. Johnny Swiger, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Covington, LA and has been practicing for 23 years. He specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, fertility medicine, and more.Read his story

Learn about Dr. Swiger

See how frequently Dr. Swiger performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Yeast Infections
Gonorrhea Screening
Herpes Simplex Screening

Dr. Swiger's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Swiger's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Swiger " Dr Swiger was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. After completing residency training at LSU-Shreveport, Dr Swiger moved to Dallas,Texas where he practiced. Dr Swiger served as Chief of Staff at Regional Hospital and headed a three member Midwife Birthing center. Dr Swiger moved back to Louisiana in late 1999 to resume practice, and served as Chief of Staff at Lakeview Regional Medical Center and Chairman of OB/GYN. Dr Swiger recieved additional training in urogynecology and Robotic gynecologic surgery. Dr Swiger specializes in stress urinary incontinence,female pelvic prolapse procedures and in-office infertility procedures and minimally invasive, SINGLE SITE Robotic Surgery. Dr Swiger offers patients the unique option of SINGLE SITE ROBOTIC surgery as opposed to multi-site in order to address the aesthetic needs of his patients in whom multiple incisons would NOT be cosmetically pleasing."

This content was provided by Dr. Swiger "Personal care"

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Sympathectomy
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State Univeristy
  • Additional Training In Female Urinary Incontinence
    Other Education | Completed 1995
  • Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 1987

Dr. Swiger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Swiger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swiger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Swiger's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swiger to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
4.5
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS

Dr. Swiger's Performance

Horrible bedside manner and long wait time.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for this review. We're saddened to hear your experience was less than exemplary, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.

Was recommended by a friend to use Dr. Swiger. Was not interested in my birth plan at all. I felt rushed and all my questions I felt seemed to be a bother to him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for this review. We're very sorry about your experience, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.

I would not recommend Dr. Swiger at all. He was very arrogant he wasn't listening to me (in his own world) It seemed like he just wanted me to shut up. I asked for a mammogram because I'm on hormone cream and he said I didn't need it (I'm 37 years old) (the hormone cream cautions that it could...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Dr. Swiger is nothing short of AMAZING. Although I was only with him for a short amount of time, he made me feel so comfortable in his care. My very first visit with him was unlike any with my previous OB (out of state). Dr. Swiger was very attentive and always listening. Great bedside manner,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Swiger is excellent at what he does! He is quick, to the point, has great bed side manner and an awesome personality. I have recommended him to plenty of people. And all of my family goes to him. My only complaint is that I can't go to him for everything medical, because I definitely would. I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Swiger at Ochsner Women's Health Center

Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist