Dr. Johnny L. Serrano, DO

Dr. Johnny L. Serrano, DO

General Surgery | Male | 46 years old

84 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Providing surgical precision and excellence with compassion and respect.Read more

Dr. Serrano's Experience

See how Dr. Serrano's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Serrano

Dr. Serrano accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Serrano has admitting privileges.

Dr. Serrano's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Serrano to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Serrano Says:

A patient s recommendation is the highest compliment. Thank you for your recommendations and for trusting your health and the health of your family or friends to our practice. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Thank you for trusting us to care for you and your family.

Dr. Serrano's Performance
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Serrano was very friendly and efficient. He saw me originally in the hospital and was great about touching base with me, each day. He kept me well informed and his students were very eager and friendly. His office staff was also very friendly, knowledgeable and willing to get me in on an earlier date to accomodate my schedule.
Glendale, AZ |
Very likely to recommend!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I would recommend Dr. Serrano, he is really efficient, professional, and good work ethic.
in Glendale, AZ |
he was grate i would love for him to help me anytime and i will send my family here too thank you so much for helping me dr. serrano
Peoria, AZ |
i had a great experience
Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Serrano was great! I heartily recommend his services!
Extremely Likely
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr Serrano and his entire staff is extremely competent, compassionate and proficient. Our entire experience was so rewarding. I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring surgical intervention.
Glendale, AZ |
Very satisfied with the entire experience, very pleasant.
in Peoria, AZ |
absolutely!! Dr. Serrano is an amazing surgeon that takes great care of his patients.
in Cave Creek, AZ |
i had a great experience, Dr. Serrano explained everything perfectly and put me at ease. Everything turned out just like he said, and results were excellent. If I ever needed to get something done again, I would definitely come back to him again. Also, to my friends and family and anyone else.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Serrano is very easy to talk to and very informative.
more likly
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr Serrano did an outstanding job on my hernia surgery! i am very happy with the final result. Dr Serrano is very professional yet very approachable. Very friendly and supportive office staff as well ...
in Peoria, AZ |
Yes i would recommend! He did a great job and very respectful.
Yes for sure.
Cave Creek, AZ |
As a member of the medical community, one nice thing we can do is get referrals from those "in the know". I asked around for help with a hernia and was told Dr. Serrano was the right physician to go to. I can't say enough about how positive of an experience I had from the staff in his office to the procedure. I already have referred Dr. Serrano to another colleague that is in the medial industry and would definitely send a family member his way if needed.
in Peoria, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Serrano by my urologist, and I could not have selected a more professional, personable, empathetic and skilled surgeon to address my hernia issues. From my first appointment to the final discharge, he and his office were amazing.
in peoria, AZ |
Huge Thank you to you for the Throat Operation that you have done on me. I'm very Happy and Thank you so much!!!
in Glendale, AZ |
Really good patient care, all the staff was helpful in providing the best care for my surgery and keeping in mind my needs
in Glendale, AZ 85304 |
he is great doctor
in Glendale, AZ |
it was a nice experiance with Dr.Serrano was fast and fast recovery i really recommend Dr.Serrano he is a good Dr.
in Phoenix, Az |
Dr. Serrano took on my operation when the surgeon from the other hospital couldn't be reached. For that I am very grateful. He did a great job.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Serrano was concise, thorough and confident. He listened to my concerns and is an excellent surgeon.
Glendale, AZ |
Office friendly and efficient. Dr very knowlegable and informative.
in waddell az |
perfect.
in Glendale, AZ |
very professional, reliable. happy with end result and basically a nice guy
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Serrano offers caring, warm and knowledgeable care from hospital to after surgery care.
in Peoria, AZ 85345 |
He is very caring, he explained everything to me and the importance to removing the gallbladder. I recommended him highly. What a gentleman he is . I appreciate what he has done for me !!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Wonderful experience from diagnosis through surgical recovery! Not only is Dr Serrano a great surgeon, but his support staff is very friendly and accommodating as well. I was able to walk with almost no pain just a few days after the procedure and no pain after a week and half, which is because of the minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure Dr Serrano uses...tiny incisions! Highly recommend Dr Serrano to all my friends & family!
in Glendale, AZ |
Very efficient, very pleasant demeanor, and every visit has been very quick. Good operation in all and all.
in Glendale, AZ |
He was excellent the pre examination was great. He made my experience simple and fast.
in Peoria, AZ |
Excellent care and treatment. Absolutely pleasant atmosphere. Scheduling the procedure was awesomely coordinated and planned. I will be highly recommending Dr. Serrano to others and if for some reason I would need additional care, I will certainly return to seek his medical care & treatment. Thank you once again.
in Glendale, AZ |
very professional and direct to the point
in Glendale, AZ |
the experience with dr serrano was great he was nice and answered all my questions during the process
in Glendale, AZ |
dr serrano explained everything there was no suprises. there was no discomfort at all during my healing process. Great beside manner.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Very straight forward in giving info about my condition and course of treatment.
quick and easy
Glendale, AZ |
Wonderful Doctor! Excellent surgeron!!
in Glendale, AZ |
great doctor great office staff
in Glendale, AZ |
Have been dealing with a reoccuring hernia for two years! this is the third hernia repair I have had and by far this has been the most hands on thouroughly explained one! Dr Serrano walked me throught he procedure step by step and what factors would help decrease the risk of complications!
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr Serrano was very compassionate and caring towards my husband and myself. He answered my questions with perfect understanding of what the procedures was and how it would affect or better my health. His staff was amazingly friendly. They really took the time to personalize our visit while being extremely loving. Thank you Dr. Serrano and Staff. We will becoming back if ever we have surgical needs :)
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr.Johnny L. Serrano was helpful and understanding of my diagnosis. He answered all my questions and made me feel at peace with my current situation and medical needs. I will be returning to see him for some treatments and I plan to refer him to my friends and family for any medical needs that he can assist with.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr Serrano was amazingly nice. I had a pylon Cyst in my buttox and he took care of me very well. His staff was so friendly and very caring of me and my husband. I recommend him for everything down to varicose veins. He did 4 procedures on my husbands legs and had him feeling better in no time
in Glendale, AZ |
He was very helpful answered all of my questions when i went in for a hernia repair. His staff was friendly very kind and loving and it felt like i was with family.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Serrano saved my life with emergency surgery in 2004 and placement of a mesh abdominal sling in 2005. I can't say enough good things about him! No troubles until this week here in Oregon, so I may have my local Dr. call his office to compare x-rays for a blockage problem that just surfaced. J. Heiber
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Serrano performed emergency surgery on my husband several years ago. I've just now become involved with healthgrades for reviews. We were very pleased with the results of the surgery as well as the follow-up care with Dr. Serrano. I went back to Dr Serrano for my routine colonoscopy. Again I was satisfied with procedure and with follow-up. Will go back to him for the next one. I have already recommended Dr. Serrano to others.
Have you seen Dr. Johnny L. Serrano, DO?
Are you Dr. Serrano?

Compare Dr. Serrano

Dr. Serrano's Care Philosophy

Providing surgical precision and excellence with compassion and respect.

Dr. Serrano says...

Dr. Serrano's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery

• Fellow American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, 2006
    • The Live Wire Physician Spot Light, 2009
    • Pancreatic Anastamosis- How I do it., 1999
    • America's Top Physicians, 2007

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Serrano's Board Certifications

• Other Education
    Preceptor Az Midwestern Osteopathic Medical

Completed in 2003

• Arabic

Dr. Serrano does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Serrano and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Colon Surgery
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance