Dr. Johnny Lin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Johnny Lin, MD
Dr. Johnny Lin, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Lin is affiliated with Rush Oak Park Hospital, Rush University Medical Center and Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.

Dr. Lin's Care Philosophy

Growing up, actually, I had a lot of musculoskeletal injuries. And so I did break a fair share of bones, and I was very active athletically. And so I had a lot of sports injuries. And so naturally I had a lot contact with treatment of sports injuries. Orthopedics to me is just it's - I seem to have a better understanding, at least in my mind, of what the athlete needs. And so being on the other end where I needed treatment, I felt as though that kind of gave me an insight into it that I may not have otherwise had. I think probably the most gratifying cases for me are people who come in who explain to me they feel hopeless, that I am sort of their last option otherwise they plan on just living with the current disability that they have. And I think those patients to me, when I give them some kind of relief - some kind of improvement in their lifestyle which is beyond what their expectations - I think that is the most rewarding for me when I can really offer a way out. There's lots of thing that we do, not only just our traditional treatments but are pushing the envelope outside the realm of what would normally be done. And so I think that gives us an advantage to offer people some things that other people can't just because they don't have the facilities, they don't have the resources that we're able to obtain in the setting of an academic institution.

Dr. Lin's Experience

See how Dr. Lin's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Lin

Dr. Lin accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Lin is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Lin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lin to family and friends
    3.0
    based on 15 total reviews (1 with a comment)
    Dr. Lin's Performance
    in Des Plaines, IL |
    Never!!! 1st. visit was conducted completely by his PA. 2nd. visit she came in again so I asked if I was going to see him. She said that he was very busy that day, so no. I asked if my insurance was going to be billed the same to see her as it would if I were actually seeing a doctor and she said yes, but left promptly. At that point, Dr. Lin comes flying into the room to introduce himself to me. I was so disgusted I told him that since he was not familiar with my injury, he could leave.
    Have you seen Dr. Johnny Lin, MD?
    Are you Dr. Lin?

Dr. Lin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Lin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lin's Board Certifications

• Achilles Tendinitis
    • Ankle Fracture
    • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
    • Ankle Sprains and Strains
    • Ankle and Foot Instability or Derangement
    • Broken Arm
    • Bunion
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Foot Fracture
    • Foot Sprain
    • Hammer Toe
    • Heel Spur
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

Campbell Clinic

Completed in 2006

University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Lin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tendon Reconstruction