Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Johnny Howton Jr, MD
Dr. Johnny Howton Jr, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Waco, TX. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Howton Jr is affiliated with Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center and Providence Healthcare Network.

7110 New Sanger Rd

• AvMed
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Howton Jr

See how frequently Dr. Howton Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Constipation

Dr. Howton Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy

Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

• America's Top Surgeon Award, Since 2002

Dr. Howton Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Howton Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Howton Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Howton Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Howton Jr to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Howton Jr's Performance
in Waco |
I get excellent care for Dr. Howton. I have been going to him for several years and he has performed 2 surgeries. He is very kind and always listens to my health problems. His office staff are very kind and curtious to me. I always feel reassured when I leave his office.
in Georgetown, TX |
Always a positive experience. Compassionate healthcare always delivered at Dr. Howton's office.
in WACO, TX |
I CAN SAY THAT THIS DOCTOR DEDICATED HIMSELF TO HIS DUTY. SINCE DAY ONE HE FOUND THE PROBLEM AND THE SOLUTION, HE WAS SO OPEN TO TRUST ON HIM, AND TO SHARE HIS OWN EXPERIENCE AS A PATIENT. HE PERFORM A COMPLEX PROCEDURE ON ME, HE TOLD ME THE PROCEDURE THAT HE HAVE TO DO IN A EASY WORDS TO UNDERSTAND, HE SET UP A SURGERY APPOINTMENT WITHIN THE 2 MONTHS. HE WAS THERE IN THE COLONOSCOPY AND HE PRAYED WITH ME, FOR ME AND FOR HIM AS WELL. I LOVE THAT!. HE IS KIND AND COMPREHENSIBLE, IN HIS STAFF TOO
in waco, texas |
I would highly recommend Dr. Howton Jr. to anyone I know and love. He is very passionate about his practice and the care of his patients. He explains everything to you and you can ask as many questions and he Is very easy to talk to.
in Waco, TX |
Dr. Howton is wonderful. He took such great care of me. I was lucky to have found him during my time of need. He is very personable and caring. Always makes me feel very comfortable - even in the impossible situation I was in. He was even available after hours and during my time of emergency. Very satisfied and very thankful to him.
in Waco, TX |
Great docter he treated me with professionalism and care. The doctor and all the other employees made me feel that I was in safe hands. I am truly grateful.
in Waco, TX |
Dr. Howton and his staff where excellent, and helped me with all my needs in getting ready for my surgery and the after care. He is a wonderful and very caring Doctor, that I will be proud to recommend.
in West, Tx |
Dr Howton has a good bedside manner in the office or hospital, he is easy to talk to and easy to understand. I would recommend him to anyone. I also like the visit summary you receive when you leave.
in Waco, TX |
Dr is very nice and seems to explain his findings were the patient can understand. Staff is friendly and accommodating to the patient's need. Comfortable and relaxing waiting atmosphere.
in Waco,TX |
I recently had Colectomy surgery and Dr. Howton performed the surgery. The surgery was not only a success, but the recovery at the hospital was as pleasant as it could be. Dr. Howton paid daily visits to me while recovering and was very helpful and sympathetic to my needs. He's very kind, knowledgable, and explained the surgery the best he could. He made the experience as stress free as possible. I was trult blessed to have such a nice person as my surgeon. Highly recommend.
in Waco, TX |
I received the best care and had a great patient experience from Dr. Howton and his staff. I was very anxious and uncomfortable about going to a Colorectal doctor. Dr. Howton took the time to explain what I was dealing exactly what to expect. The staff was very professional and made me feel right at home.
in Eddy, Texas 76524 |
Dr. Howton is a wonderful physician with such good bed side manners. He made me feel very comfortable discussing any problems that I had. He is very detailed in explaing things. I recently had a colonoscopy with him. I was a little nervous, but before and after the procedure he was right there to let me know everything was alright. I have recently recommended my friends and family to him. I believe that every physician could learn from this man. He is a blessing!
in Waco, TX |
In addition to making me feel extremely confident in his expertise and skills, Dr. Howton is obviously a man of integrity who genuinely cares about people and has a passion for helping others.
Waco |
Very friendly, explained everything thoroughly. Gave me multiple treatment options and explained benefits of each. Knowledgable and respectful. Was nervous about appointment since it's a sensitive area, but he and his nurse made me feel as comfortable as possible given the circumstances.
Have you seen Dr. Johnny Howton Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Howton Jr?