Dr. Johnny Gibbs, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

The Watson Clinic 1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd Fl 5 Lakeland, FL 33805 Get Directions
Dr. Johnny Gibbs, MD
Dr. Johnny Gibbs, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Lakeland, FL. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Gibbs is affiliated with Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Gibbs' Experience

See how Dr. Gibbs' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gibbs

Dr. Gibbs accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Gibbs is now accepting new patients
Main Office, Watson Clinic Building1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd Fl 5
Lakeland, FL 33805
(863) 680-7214Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gibbs has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gibbs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gibbs to family and friends
Dr. Gibbs' Performance
in Plant City, FL |
Best doctor ever! I was in pain for over 6 weeks. I made an appointment and was seen the same day. He knew right away what was wrong and explained in detail what happened. After receiving an injection I was pain free within 2 days. Very friendly and outgoing!
in Lakeland, FL |
I can't find enough words to express how great Dr. Gibbs is. Not only as a physician but as a person. I truly believe that our "meeting" was meant to be (long story). My knee was a total mess. Dr. Gibbs performed a TKR on my right knee 11/18/2016. He did an awesome job and I can't thank him enough. The PT at the hospital and then at the rehabilitation center couldn't believe the range of motion I was displaying. Needless to say, I was giving his name to ever I saw. He's truly special.
in Palmetto, FL |
AWESOME! Dr. Gibbs and staff go above and beyond in every respect before, during and after surgery. I was lucky enough to have found him 2 years ago to handle my "dusted" ankle. My husband and I were so impressed we returned to him 15 months later to have rod removal surgery done on my husband (original surgery done out of the country). We are both ecstatic with the results. We recommend Dr. Gibbs to everyone we know.
Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Gibbs operated on my broken wrist to insert a plate and screws in Sept. of 2016. I am very pleased with the results and the scar is barely noticeable, as he predicted. I will need treatment for a trigger finger in the near future and intend to go to him for treatment.
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Gibbs was referred to my mother, 91yrs old, by her primary physician, for pain in her knee. I was very impressed with his staff's and Dr. Gibb's manner with my mother. They directed all of comments to my mother, spoke loudly as she is hard of hearing and told her what was cause of her pain- showing and explaining the X-ray. He also engaged with mother in social conversation. I'm am an RN and was very pleased and recommended my husband and visited Dr. Gibbs myself. Very positive experience
in Lakeland, FL |
I went to Dr.Gibbs for a second opinion and am really glad I did. He was thorough, took time to listen, asked questions, explained the results of both the x-rays and MRI, asked me if I had any questions. He explained a treatment plan in which surgery was not the first course of action. I have had excellent results and have recommended him to my friends and primary doctor. His assistant Steven is also very knowledgeable and personable.
in Davenport, FL |
Very personable, professional, and informative about options available to treat knee issues. Injections didn't work and Dr Gibbs and his staff treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy. Very accommodating when special appointments were requested. Excellent!
Lakeland, FL |
Excellent communicator and doesn't push for surgery! Used to be a physical therapist and understands the needs of athletes.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Gibbs is the most informed, most dedicated and most professional orthopedic surgeon I have ever dealt with. He is very thorough and answered all my questions in a manner that I could understand. He will be my bone doctor for years to come.
Lakeland, FL |
Very good bedside manner & explains conditions well. Apt. doesn't feel rushed with him. I would encourage patients to choose this doctor.
in Lakeland, FL |
Absolutely hands down the best doc!!! DR. GIBBS was so compassionate and caring!! I smashed my thumb in my SUV door!!! HE made time to take care of me. (On a FRIDAY) He fit me in. He didn't want me to suffer the entire weekend!! Dr. Gibbs was so caring through the entire process!!! He made sure I was comfortable as he had to numb and drain my thumb from all the swelling. I recommend Dr. Gibbs and his staff!!! They were over the top amazing.. I will always sing their praise!!! THANK YOU!
in Lakeland, FL |
best Dr every, had broke my wrist on Christmas night.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Gibbs is one of the finest doctors I know. He is caring and greatly involved in his patient care. I give him my highest recommendation. His exams are thorough and he listens to his patients. It is worth the drive to see him.
in Bradenton, Fl |
Dr. Gibbs is a phenomenal surgeon and an even greater human being. He is very kind to public safety professionals and his first words to me were "I am treating you like a professional athlete because your job is more serious then playing sports". I was treated with dignity and respect and I will return to work to finish my remaining 13 years of service and to daily life as a husband and father because of the gift he has for what he does every day. His work is nothing less than amazing.
in Texas |
Was on vacation in Florida and my mother-in-law had a fall. After some asking around we asked for Dr. Gibbs even though he was not on call. He graciously gave up an evening away from his family to take care of mine, and did it with such grace and kindness. As a colleague who has never worked with him or met him til that night, I felt compelled to let others know how wonderful it was to have him as our doctor. Simply put, he is a very talented and gifted physician..
in Lakeland, Fl |
After reviewing several of the doctors in Lakeland, FL, we decided to visit Dr. Gibbs due to his high reviews and specifically comments that were left from other patients. He did not disappoint us with his visit. He first off apologized for being 15 minutes behind.... that's right, just 15 minutes. He was very thorough with his exam and recommendations. We are now big fans of Dr. Gibbs. The praise on this profile is well deserved. We look forward to following up with him in the future.
in Sarasota, FL |
My husband and I have had the pleasure to have Dr. Gibbs as our Orthopedic doctor for the past three years. Quite simply put, he is a breath of fresh air. He is kind, considerate, attentive, and very skilled. We were referred from another surgeon for Dr. Gibbs' expertise with shoulder surgery and he was able to give my husband his arm back. He can now golf and play tennis, something he hasn't done in over 3 years. There is not enough praise and thanks our family can give to Dr. Gibbs.
in Lakeland FL |
We were able to schedule an appointment within a week of calling and, when we arrived for the appointment were greeted promptly and taken to an exam room. Dr. Gibbs spent 45 minutes with my daughter, checking the range of motion in her shoulder, explaining the root cause of the problem as well as his treatment plan for physical therapy and making sure we both understood her condition.
in Venice, FL |
Dr.Gibbs was on call the night in June when I had a slip, fall, smashed patella from wet tile. He had to put 5 pieces of bone together with hardware, he said it was a challenge but he persisted to repair the knee so , 3 months later I am able to walk, drive and shop again with occasional use of my cane on uneven ground. I highly recommend Dr.Gibbs to treat someone with an orthopedic problem because he is your answer. He is a wonderful, bright ,professional doctor who we will miss in Sarasota.
in St Louis, MO |
My father was in Sarasota for vacation when he fell and broke his hip. Dr. Gibbs was on call that weekend. He met my dad in the morning in the ER and in between surgeries, assessed his case and performed his surgery later that evening. My father was out of bed the next day! Dr. Gibbs clearly described the specifics of the surgery and what we could expect with the recovery. His bedside manor is exceptional and his skill and love for his job is evident.
in Sarasota, fl |
I had a broken tibia from a nasty fall a while back and I was brought in to the hospital and was so lucky to have Dr Gibbs fix me! Did I ever luck out! I feel like I won the jackpot ! You were the best Doctor and made me feel so comfortable. Thanks for everything!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr.Gibbs displayed so much compassion towards me and my issue. I had never been to an Orthopedic Dr. before so dealing with this major injury was so much easier having Dr. Gibbs in charge of getting my elbow back to normal. I must mention Stacy as well, Dr.Gibbs' Nurse/right hand. Stacy was exceptional in handling everything that was needed regarding my appointments etc.. I hope I do not have to deal with anything like that again but if I do, I will go right to Dr.Gibbs.
in Sarasota, FL |
I love Dr. Gibbs. He is caring & explains everything plainly. He is also an excellent surgeon!
in Sarasota, FL |
Both of our sons have received exceptional care from Dr. Gibbs! Our most recent experience required after hours procedures, which Dr. Gibbs graciously sacrificed in order to get our son the attention and care he required. We appreciate his expertise as well as his ability to relate to parents with our questions and concerns. Hopefully we do not have any broken bones in the future, but if we do, we wouldn't want any other doctor in place of Dr. Gibbs.
Osprey, FL |
Dr. Gibbs was very attentive and took his time to explain in detail what my surgery would involve as well as what to expect post-op. I was referred by friends. He went over the surgery and even showed me the scope pictures. I was very impressed with the level of professionalism from the time I presented in the office. Part of my healing involves physical therapy and SOA has an outstanding team that is used to treating athletes! Thank you Dr. Gibbs and team SOA!!
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Gibbs took great care of my son who injured his elbow during basketball. He treated him great and followed up the day after his elbow arthroscopy surgery by personally calling me to check on him. He allowed me to text him with questions and was so responsive with any needs of my son. I do not have enough kind words for the care Dr. Gibbs gave to my son.
in Venice, FL |
Dr. Gibbs recognized my present level of fitness and adjusted my follow up PT accordingly. He matched me with a therapist with whom I could easily relate.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Gibbs did an excellent job on my knee. I saw him for a second opinion after a previous orthopedic surgery for the same issue. The previous surgery had not resolved the entire issue as I continued having sharp pains in my knee. Dr. Gibbs read the most recent MRI himself and was able to see the tear that remained. After he preformed the second surgery my knee has been so much better. The results from this surgery are what I was expecting from the first. I would highly recommend Dr. Gibbs
in Venice FL |
I tore my rotator cuff in 2009 and was told I would require surgery (by another MD) I decided to treat it conservatively and forgo surgery. When the pain became intolerable I went to see Dr Gibbs expecting that he would also recommend surgery. To my surprise he said he'd prefer to treat with an injection and recommended PT which I did. That was in March 2014, and I'm still 90% pain free today (April 2016) I would recommend Dr Gibbs to anyone. His office is also friendly and efficient.
in Tampa, FL |
Very knowledgable, caring, honest, gentle hardworking anf has an awesome listening skills which is rare in this day and age. He also takes time to explain and make sure his patien understand the procedure that is being done. He answers the questions in a layman term so I have no doubt in my mind as to what needs to be done to improve my condition. Everyone should be so fortunate to have an orthopedic doctor as wonderful as Dr.Gibbs. I count myself among the lucky ones.
Sarasota, FL |
Excellent physician, very informative to all his patients. Great follow up.
in Sarasota, FL |
My 15 year old daughter tore her ACL and Dr. Gibbs and his staff went beyond what was expected to help her recover and have inspired her to go into the medical field.
in Sarasota Fl |
I fell and broke my wrist Dr Gibbs was great he was informative and caring as he explained the surgery I needed.He is an excellent surgeon.
in Sarasota, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Gibbs to anyone and everyone needing a specialist in orthopedics! I had to have surgery to repair a torn ACL with a graft. Dr. Gibbs was wonderful throughout the process. He answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable with the procedure. I am now 6 months out from surgery and doing great!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Gibbs is a wonderful physician! Highly recommend him if you are looking for 5 star medical care! The best of the best!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Gibbs is a very caring, genuine and thorough physician. Additionally, he is a great advocate for his patients trying to make sure they get the care that they need as quickly as he can, to the best of his ability. I would absolutely recommend him to any member of my family and my friends, and I have already done so. Lastly I want to say that Dr. Gibbs also treats his patients like people and doesn't talk down to them. He is real with them and that can't be taught.
in Bradenton, FL |
My personal experience with rotator cuff repair--Used nerve block for 3 days, no pain. Dr. said out of work for 4 months. Got SOA physical therapist working on it. I was the poster boy for PT compliance. Back to work in 3 months. Great job SOA team. Thanks.
Have you seen Dr. Johnny Gibbs, MD?
Are you Dr. Gibbs?

Compare Dr. Gibbs

Dr. Gibbs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Gibbs has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gibbs' Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Completed in 2011

University of South Florida / College of Medicine
    University of Florida

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Gibbs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gibbs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery