Dr. John Zuniga, DMD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. John Zuniga, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY Dallas, TX 75390 Get Directions

Dr. John Zuniga, DMD is an dentist who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 63 years old. Dr. Zuniga is affiliated with Parkland Health and Hospital System.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Zuniga's Experience

Visiting Dr. Zuniga

Dr. Zuniga accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Zuniga has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zuniga's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zuniga to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Zuniga's Performance
in Mansfield, TX |
I was sent to Dr. Zuniga as a referral and had my first appointment today. Some of the reviews I read here had me concerned but I found none of the negatives to be true. He was very professional, thorough and friendly. He spent a good deal of time with me and explained every test he performed and the medical issues/causes behind my condition. His diagnosis was honest and offered several options without sugar coating the reality of possible outcomes. Highly recommend. -Ken
Plano, TX |
Bottom line is Dr. Zuniga diagnoses only the obvious issues and refers out challenging clients or treatments. I went to him multiple times after other Dr's insisted I need maxiofacial treatment. I lost a year of my life to pain he wasn't willing to investigate. His patient manners were hostile and intolerant when I returned to him several times expecting him to address or investigate beyond simple diagnosis. 1 star for the Dr who cares only when it's easy.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Zuniga is seeing me for an unusual form of Burning mouth syndrome. He is always thorough, honest and willing to work with me to find the best solutions. I was surprised to see negative responses, as i am very happy with his services. He is never rushed and spends as much time with me as needed.
Sherman, TX |
I tried getting an appt. with head & face pain & my mouth closed up after having a root canal. I was referred by another doctor. When I called I was met with a receptionist, Debra who was very curt and said I had to have a fax sent. My doctor's office said they faxed a request repeatedly, Debra finally acknowledged receipt of it. Was told appointment backlog over a month out. I asked if I could be put on a waiting list because it was an emergency, she said "all his patients are emergencies"!
in Dallas, TX |
Would not recommend, very poor communication skills . Did not properly diagnose me. Did not listen to me, even his nursing staff wouldn't even listen to my symptoms . Good news, I kept on and found a great team of doctors and was properly diagnosed .
in Dallas, Texas |
Ignored most of what I said. Talked over me. Did not diagnose my severe TMJ.
in Dallas, TX |
He seems to have tunnel vision on what he thinks is wrong with me to the point of not being willing to explore alternate problems or tests that might lead to a different diagnosis other than his own. He was not friendly at all, very short, curt and all business. There was no sign of kindness or sympathy to my problem. I realize with all his credentials he must be super busy but a simple smile or a genuine show of interest in the patient would help. I will be seeking a second opinion.
Have you seen Dr. John Zuniga, DMD?
Are you Dr. Zuniga?

Compare Dr. Zuniga

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.
}

Dr. Zuniga's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Zuniga does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zuniga and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery