Dr. John Yoo, MD

Dr. John Yoo, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. John Yoo, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Read his story

11454 Space Center Blvd Ste B

Houston, TX 77059

• Guardian
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Yoo

See how frequently Dr. Yoo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vertigo
Outer Ear Infection
Allergic Rhinitis

Dr. Yoo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Yoo's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Yoo "John K. Yoo, M.D. is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Rice University in Houston, Texas. He attended medical school at the Baylor College of Medicine where he graduated with a Doctorate of Medicine with Honors. Dr. Yoo then completed his residency training in otolaryngology - head and neck surgery at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, before joining the Houston Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic. Dr. Yoo practices all aspects of otolaryngology, though he has a special interest in allergy and sinus disease, pediatric otolaryngology, sleep disorders including snoring and sleep apnea, head and neck surgery including thyroid and parotid pathology, and hearing loss. Dr. Yoo is Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, American College of Surgeons, and the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy. Dr. Yoo also holds membership in the American Rhinologic Society, American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, and the Houston Society of Otolaryngology. Dr. Yoo provides patient care at our Pearland office, located on the Memorial Hermann Pearland campus, as well as our Space Center Boulevard/Clear Lake office which is convenient to patients in the Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte and South Houston areas."

This content was provided by Dr. Yoo "As an Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) specialist, I emphasize an active listening process during patient encounters in a non-rushed setting to thoroughly evaluate patient problems, symptoms, and concerns. Each patient is treated not like a number, but as a unique individual (as a family member would be treated)."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Paracentesis
  • Parotidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy

• University Tex Med Br
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Tex Med Br
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Yoo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yoo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yoo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yoo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yoo to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Yoo's Performance
in OK. |
Visiting from out of town. Daughter recommended Dr. Yoo. Very good visit, professional, courteous and helpful. Would recommend to anyone needing a good ENT.
in Houston, TX |
I love the staff. My son felt calm and the doctor took one look and made the best health option for my child. Thank you guys so much!!!
Mont Belvieu |
Dr. Yoo is amazing with both of my children!! He’s very thorough, spends times listening to his patients, and is very comforting to me and my children.
in Friendswood, TX |
Dr.yoo was a very caring and funny Dr.he got to the problem and didn't try to give me meds that I didn't need.
in Pearland, TX |
He's an excellent doctor. He explained everything to me in layman's term. I felt like I know him for a long time already.
in Pasadena TX |
Very thorough and informative. Took his time....not a rushed appt. Appt was on time, I wasn't left waiting.....and waiting! Already have 2 family members that see him and would highly recommend him to anyone!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Yoo is very thorough, and has a great "bedside manner" when discussing your medical options. I would recommend him.
Houston, Tx |
Wonderful and very understanding doctor.
Pinehurst, Texas |
My son is severely autistic, so I'm very protective of him. Dr. Yoo was a drive for us, but well worth it! The way he treated my son and myself was as if we were family. He was very gentle with my son and answered all my questions. I will definitely refer him to anyone in need of an ENT.
Pasadena, TX |
Dr. Yoo is an excellent physician. Well trained, knowledgeable, efficient, and easy to talk to. I went to him once and took my mom when she had an ear problem. I would return to him in the future if needed.
in Houston, TX |
Great doctor who listens to his patients.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Yoo and his staff have to be the friendliest office that I can ever remember. Absolutely professional in every way but able to make me feel at ease and comfortable from the very start. I came to Dr. Yoo knowing that I would need surgery for my nose and after meeting and talking with him, I know I came to the right place! The wait time, once I finished the initial paperwork was almost non-existent.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Yoo uses practical healthcare approach for patients. My 82 year old Dad was a new patient and made him feel comfortable in the first visit, provided practical and explained options to ensure we were comfortable making a decision on medical care. Sensible approach and straight talk and blessing in our case.
in Pasadena, Tx |
Dr Yoo made me feel very comfortable. He explained what was going on with my problem and was very honest and I appreciated that. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Spring, TX |
Excellent patient interaction! All of the staff friendly and helpful.
in Pasadena, TX |
Dr. Yoo is an excellent doctor. He has a very nice bedside manner and really takes time with the patient. I would certainly recommended him to anyone needing an ENT doctor.
in Pasadena, TX |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Yoo to anyone. He has been my ENT for several years and I am confident of his medical expertise. He listen's to his patients and certainly puts his patients at ease during their visits to his office. I have no trouble getting an appt. and the office wait time is minimal. He and his staff are very thorough and punctual.
Deer Park, TX |
My son is autistic and Dr. Yoo has always treated him with such kindness. I am so grateful to have found a doctor who treats my son with such dignity and kindness. I would definitely recommend him to all my family and friends.
in Friendswood, TX |
I've been seeing Dr Yoo for several years for sinusitis and allergy management. I'm in there every week getting allergy shots. The staff are really caring, nice, knowledgeable, and efficient. Dr Yoo is on-target, listens, addresses my concerns and best of all, I'm much better!
Deer Park, TX |
I was very pleased with Dr. Yoo' s level of care. He took a detailed medical history, performed a thorough examination, and fully explained treatment options with me. He is very conservative in his approach, something I really appreciated. I never had the feeling he wanted to rush along to his next patient, but instead was focused entirely on my case. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Yoo to my family or friends.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Yoo is an awesome ENT. My three year old was suffering from ear infections. The tubes that Dr. Yoo placed in his ears has worked wonders. He is hearing and talking so much better without all of that fluid in his ears. Needless to say, Dr. Yoo is wonderful with children, with great bedside manner.
Houston, TX |
Very thorough and takes time with the patient and to answer questions.
in Baytown, TX |
Very professional & friendly, didn't do unnecessary tests. Listened to you & explained things extremely well.
Houston, texas |
Some of the office staff apparently does not understand that there really can be ent "emergencies", for example, when prompt attention to a short term hearing loss can rapidly lead to permanent profound hearing loss. Person at front desk showed no interest in my situation. I believe that in some instances the non-professional should ask for guidance from someone on the medical staff. As a result of this instance, I had to seek treatment at an emergency clinic. Very disappointing.
Houston, TX |
I am always worried when seeing a new doctor but was pleasantly surprised by the excellent treatment by doctor Yoo. He was so patient and thorough it was very refreshing. He also has an excellent personality and puts you at ease. Highly recommend!!
in Houston, TX |
I saw Dr. Yoo a few months ago about a cyst on my face. He was confident in removing it and said we had to wait as I was 5 months pregnant. I was told to contact his office after my pregnancy to schedule an appointment for the surgery. I have been leaving messages for his scheduler for almost two weeks now and still have not received a call back. I called again today and asked to speak with the office manager because if I need to find another doctor I would appreciate being told so.
in Deer Park, TX |
Dr. Yoo is the FIRST doctor that has ever sat down and explained my issues and treatment options in such depth. He is very friendly and explains things clearly.
Have you seen Dr. John Yoo, MD?
Are you Dr. Yoo?