Dr. John Xerogeanes, MD

Dr. John Xerogeanes, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Dr. John Xerogeanes, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 52 years old. Read his story

59 Executive Park South NE Ste 3000

Atlanta, GA 30329

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Xerogeanes

Dr. Xerogeanes' Experience

Dr. Xerogeanes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Xerogeanes' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Xerogeanes "As a member of many respected professional societies and organizations, Dr. Xerogeanes has published numerous research articles, chapters of textbooks and developed surgical techniques. His professional experience as an orthopedic surgeon has won him many accolades and international acknowledgements. Thus, he routinely travels internationally to lecture and educate surgeons on the most innovative and sophisticated surgical procedures. His work and opinions have been featured on all major television networks including Good Morning America, CNN and ESPN. Dr. Xerogeanes has been recognized as one of US News & World Report's Top Doctors with a special distinction listing him among the top 1% in the nation in his specialty. Dr. X has been consistently ranked amongst the top health care providers within Emory Healthcare in "Patient Satisfaction" by Press Ganey patient polling. Along with recreational athletes, his patients range from past Presidents of the United States to Academy Award winning actresses to professional and Olympic athletes. He is one of only two Emory School of Medicine faculty members to be nominated and elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha, a national medical honor society founded in 1902."

• Sports Medicine

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of California, Davis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Hospitals Of The University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Xerogeanes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Xerogeanes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Xerogeanes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Xerogeanes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Xerogeanes to family and friends
Dr. Xerogeanes' Performance
Mcdonough, GA |
The entire experience was excellent. Dr X did great work, and I am already better in only a week from my shoulder surgery. The staff were all wonderful too. I was surprised how quickly they were able to get my surgery scheduled. It was nice to see the pics and video of the repair work too.
in Jackson, ga |
Very pleased with the experience. Everyone has been very professional and would recommend you to anyone. Thanks for everything.
in Atlanta |
I had a labral tear in my left shoulder, which Doctor X repaired 18 days ago. At this stage, I'm absolutely amazed with the result. I've experienced very little pain wince the procedure, and now that I've begun PT, I'm rapidly getting back to great health. I couldn't feel better about the results, thus far.
Cumming, GA |
Dr .Xerogeanes is by far one of the most superior orthopedic surgeons I have ever meet. He truly is an artist in his work and has absolute amazing skill. Highly recommend Dr. X!
in Atlanta, GA |
Both my husband and I had a great experience with Dr. X....My husband had knee surgery and I had a shoulder manipulation for frozen shoulder. He did an excellent job for both of us and I have recommended him to friends.
After seeing 2 other doctors, Dr. X diagnosed me with the proper issue
in Atlanta |
Dr. Xerogeanes is an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. He is conservative and tries other measures before doing surgery. Dr. Xerogeanes explained all options and includes the patient in decisions . I highly recommend Dr. Xerogeanes to anyone needing orthopedic surgery!
in Canton, GA |
We love Dr. X. He is fantastic. Even though you know he is a very busy man, he never makes you feel rushed. He listens to your concerns and is very honest.
Excellent doctor.
Macon, GA |
I found Dr. X through a teammate and I am so thrilled I did. He is very personable and also did a great job with my surgery. My insidious are small and clean my knee is already reviving well and I can't wait to see how the rest of my acl recovery goes.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X is wonderful.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very straightforward and truly cares for his patients. He got my son right after a complete meniscus tear. Thank you for making the process quick and efficient from the office visit to the operating room. He kept us very informed.
in Atlanta, GA |
I ski, play soccer. I tore my acl and had meniscus repaired, acl was a revision as I previously had reconstructive knee surgery 13 years prior. Dr. X and his staff were the textbook example of professional, and successfully completed the delicate procedure with precision. Recovery is amazing, roughly two weeks, weight bearing with crutches. I am walking one week out sans crutches. He and his office has called to follow up on my progress three times in 7 days. An exceptional group of individuals
in Decatur, GA |
I came in to see Dr. X with my frightened 16-year-old. Dr. X and his staff took great care of Hunter and reassured him that his injury was a minor setback and not the end of his athletic career. As a parent, I was very pleased that Dr. X took time to call and check on my son the Sunday following his surgery. Top Notch!
Blue Ridge, GA |
Dr. X and his staff listened to my questions, and concerns and were very honest and professional with their answers. Very reassuring.
Waxhaw, NC |
I am very satisfied with the results of my surgery preformed by Dr. Xerogranes. I am doing a lot better than I expected to a week after surgery and am on continuing to excell at my recovery.
Alpharetta, GA |
I love Dr. X! He is the best sports injury surgeon and truly cares about all aspects of his patient's life.
Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. X is great! He takes time to explain everything step by step , and he will give a realistic view of the outcome and health after surgery. Very experienced with tons of hands on surgery with small and large issues. I was very confident with Dr. X. I feel 100% better and the process was not ,as painful as, I thought it would be.
in Atlanta, GA |
I give my highest and strongest endorsement for Dr. X and the Emory Sports Medicine team; I specifically thank Dr. X, Dr. Gleason, Regina Hash, Alissa Burian and Taran Okon. I received two consults, an MRI plus ACL Reconstruction / Medial Menisectomy surgery, all within a week of the injury! The Emory Ortho team is nationally ranked, they are professional, courteous and responsive. The signed jerseys of premier athletes hang on the office walls for a reason; they trust Dr. X with their careers.
Atlanta, GA |
I felt secure in my decision to use Dr. X.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have recommended Dr. X to several friends and acquaintances since my first knee surgery that he performed 8 years ago which was an ACL surgery, the latest was a miniscus. Not only is Dr. X the best knee doctor he is a good person.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X was very professional. He was able to boil down a very complex situation into something that we could understand. His positive attitude and confidence made us feel very comfortable. He also has a tremendous team working with him.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X is amazing!! He has all of the qualities that I look for in a surgeon- smart, experienced, personable and comforting. I had an amazing surgical experience and would highly recommend Dr. X for any surgery (especially ACL reconstruction). My positive experience encouraged a friend of mine to finally have her ACL surgery... and she is so thankful she did! Dr. X is truly the best surgeon around. I am thankful that he helped me return to my pre-injury activities!
Decatur, GA |
-Quickly assessed & diagnosed problem -Treated quickly & effectively -Great follow up
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X and staff were calm and confident. They focused and paid attention to me and took my issues seriously. The facility was clean and proffessional. This gave me complete confidence in the advice and wellness recondmendations they provided.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X was very professional. He completed examined my shoulder, diagnosed the issue and recommended the best solutions. It is nice to play tennis again without shoulder pain.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
I had the opportunity to have Dr. "X" as my surgeon for knee surgery on Jan. 2017. What an Outstanding physician he is. During my visits to his office he was patient and direct with the procedure I was about to take on. The surgery itself was performed with the utmost professionalism; In fact the same can be said regarding post-opt procedures as well. Dr. "X" is a high/tech surgeon who demonstrates Fabulous bedside manners and all around professionalism. I would highly recommend his services.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr Xerogeanes did not treat the issue and made no recommendations for home treatment either. This was for a meniscal tear on the right knee. The entire office visit was a complete waste of time. Not impressed and will not return to this physician.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X is is very knowledgeable and great at explained everything that had to do with my injury. I felt very informed after my first appointment. He also explained the procedure that I needed to go through in great detail, as well as what to expect. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Alpharetta,Ga |
Always professional and very personable
Atlanta |
Performed a miracle on my torn ACL & MCL!
in Atlanta |
Confident, personable and available.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. X is really positive in his approach and gave me great confidence in the recoverability for my knee. If you want the best guy this is your man. Details make a difference and he is very detailed. He has a bias towards activity and is used to getting athletes back in the game.
Atlanta,GA |
Dr. Xerogeanes, is an excellent surgeon. He's very explanatory. I went into my procedure confident, and calm knowing I was in good hands.
in Cartersville, GA |
Dr. X. Is outstanding and the Emory facility and services are top notch! My knee repair went exactly as Dr X described and recovery better than expedited. Thanks!
in Atlanta, GA |
I was a bit nervous regarding the procedure but Dr. X and his team's demeanor and professionalism calmed me. The outcome was more than expected and completely happy with the results. Thank you Dr. X for giving back my range of motion in my shoulder!
Columbus, GA |
Before I decided to choose a doctor I did some research, Dr. X was my first option. His experience & reccomandation lead me to him. His very energetic & confident. I'm a satisfied patient.
Atlanta, GA |
Excellent patient "bedside manner" and a great team.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very personable and knowledgeable. Dr. X is very easy to talk to and explain things in a manner you can easily understand. Overall, very positive experience.
Athens, GA |
Dr. X is a world class surgeon. He performed my daughter's ACL surgery in March 2017. He not only is extremely skilled at surgery, he also has a wonderful bedside manner. He follows his patients closely afterwards to monitor their progress. She improved rapidly after the surgery and is excited to get back to sports.
in Atlanta, GA |
I had a great experience with the doctor himself and all his staff. I also referred one of my clients who had his surgery done which involved ACL on left knee as well, he is also doing well. I am recovering very nicely, better than I have expected.
He was very clear in what had happened to my knee and what we needed to do to get me back on the field. He genuinely cares about the athletes he treats and calls them to check how they're doing the day of surgery. Everything leading up to surgery was easy and we were able to get me scheduled within two weeks of the first visit. The whole experience was quick and painless aside from the actual pain of surgery. Everyone in the office was very nice, friendly, and helpful!
Flowery Branch, GA |
Excellent care, communicates well, called us personally after surgery to check on how my daughter was doing; had the same surgery 9 months before and very glad we switched to Dr X
in Woodstock, GA |
I am not satisfied with my progress and advice given- it was recommended I get another MRI to see what was going on it did not help at all. I feel not much is done at costly appointments and to just come back in a couple of weeks each time. There is no answer as to what is causing my pain and no plan forward to how to make it better. I am at a loss as what to do and my job depends on it.
in Decatur, GA |
He's the BEST!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. X has operated an both my shoulder and knee during the last 10 years with the knee being the most recent procedure. He identified and corrected both issues. Recovery time and outcome from both procedures were just as he anticipated. Both joints are now pain free and causing me no issue even with the knee still healing.
Macon, GA |
I got 2 opinions on the surgery needed. I chose Dr. X because he took the time to recommend which tendon should be used and why.
Atlanta, GA |
After seeing other Orthopedic doctors, I found Dr. Xerogeanes (Dr. X) to be an excellent, patient and easy to communicate to doctor. My surgery went as planned and Dr. X and his staff did a wonderful job on follow-up.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X is awesome! He really listens to you and makes sure you understand everything he is saying. He is a very caring doctor and I am so glad I went to him for a second opinion.
Alpharetta, GA |
He is very knowledgeable, makes you feel at ease and very comfortable with him. He looks out for your total health, not just the injury. Answers all my questions and checks up on you after surgery
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Xerogeanes "Dr. X" is an AWESOME and professional doctor. Immediately upon meeting Dr. X, he was quite professional and able to explain to me the expectations I should expect prior to knee surgery. The all-in-all was the day of surgery and the actual procedure. In early January Dr. X and his team performed surgery and their mannerism or "bed side" manners displayed were at the top of the charts!! Awesome doctor and team!
Have you seen Dr. John Xerogeanes, MD?
Are you Dr. Xerogeanes?