Dr. John W. Xerogeanes, MD

Sports Medicine | Male | 52 years old

39 reviews| Leave a review

Personal Bio

Dr. Xerogeanes' Experience

See how Dr. Xerogeanes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Xerogeanes

Dr. Xerogeanes accepts 25 insurance carriers

Dr. Xerogeanes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Xerogeanes to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Xerogeanes
Dr. Xerogeanes' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Xerogeanes "Dr. X" is an AWESOME and professional doctor. Immediately upon meeting Dr. X, he was quite professional and able to explain to me the expectations I should expect prior to knee surgery. The all-in-all was the day of surgery and the actual procedure. In early January Dr. X and his team performed surgery and their mannerism or "bed side" manners displayed were at the top of the charts!! Awesome doctor and team!
Troy, MI |
very knowledgeable. Explains a complex procedure/procedure in lame man's terms. Very comforting
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr. X is a BEAST. Great guy, entertaining, great at what he does. I would recommend for anyone (especially collegiate or pre-collegiate athletes) to consider seeing Dr. X for any injury.
in Baldwin, GA |
Dr. Xerogeanes repaired a torn ACL in my 14 year old son's right knee. Dr. X was very good with my son and after 6 months of healing, his knee feels as good as it did before the injury. Dr. X and his staff were very caring, professional, and thorough. I feel my son's excellent progress was due to having a great surgeon in Dr. X.
in Atlanta Ga |
Dr. X is the best because he made me feel like I was going to be back playing the sports I love after the surgery. He made sure that surgery was the only option by giving me the opportunity to strengthen first and be sure that is was fully torn. After the reinjury I was certain that ACL replacement was the only option . His expertise is the field of knee surgery is vast and his methodologies are unmatched. I'm forever grateful for such a great surgeon and tremendous gentlemen.
in Atlanta, GA |
He knows his stuff and communicates the info back to the patient well.
in Atlanta, GA |
My experience with Dr. X exceeded any expectations I could have had. He made this whole process of getting my torn meniscus repaired so smooth & completely painless! He kept me informed throughout the process, and is incredible easy to talk to. He's the best of the best. I couldn't be any more pleased!
in Doraville |
Dr. X is an great surgeon and personable individual. He truly knows how to make a patient feel safe and secure.
in Avondale Estates, GA |
Very knowledgeable, personable and takes time to explain and answer questions.
in Decatur, GA |
Was awesome. Explained everything. Meant what he said. Puts your mind at ease.
in Roswell, GA |
My meniscus surgery went great and I am feeling much better. It was a very quick surgery with quick, positive results.
in Tallahassee, FL |
This was my 5th and final attempt to fix my knee. I felt I was in good hands with him and so far my knee has been doing well in rehab.
in Buford, GA |
Dr. X was amazing. Very personable, extremely knowledgeable, and his entire staff is also excellent. I tore my ACL playing tennis, and Dr. X reviewed my options for non-surgery and surgery. I decided on surgery and feel I couldn't have been in better hands. I am one week post my surgery, and already in PT, up and walking around and with very little pain.
in Warner Robins, GA |
After a very lackluster initial visit at my local ortho in Warner Robins, I got a 2nd opinion with Dr. X. @ Emory. The 2 visits were night and day different. Dr. X. was so much more personable and explained everything in great detail. From the damage to my knee, to the process to follow, plan forward, expectations, and every question my wife and I had; we immediately felt we were with the best for my ACL Surgery 9/15/2016. We cant say enough about how excellent Dr X and his team have been.
in Alpharetta, GA |
He has done 2 surgeries on both my shoulders. I find him very knowledgeable, caring, level headed (not eager to jump in to surgery, unless all other avenues exhausted). He also is very friendly and humble. Simply, he is the best!!!
Have you seen Dr. John W. Xerogeanes, MD?
Are you Dr. Xerogeanes?

Compare Dr. Xerogeanes

Dr. Xerogeanes says...

As a member of many respected professional societies and organizations, Dr. Xerogeanes has published numerous research articles, chapters of textbooks and developed surgical techniques. His professional experience as an orthopedic surgeon has won him many accolades and international acknowledgements. Thus, he routinely travels internationally to lecture and educate surgeons on the most innovative and sophisticated surgical procedures. His work and opinions have been featured on all major television networks including Good Morning America, CNN and ESPN.

Dr. Xerogeanes has been recognized as one of US News & World Report's Top Doctors with a special distinction listing him among the top 1% in the nation in his specialty.  Dr. X has been consistently ranked amongst the top health care providers within Emory Healthcare in "Patient Satisfaction" by Press Ganey patient polling. Along with recreational athletes, his patients range from past Presidents of the United States to Academy Award winning actresses to professional and Olympic athletes. He is one of only two Emory School of Medicine faculty members to be nominated and elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha, a national medical honor society founded in 1902.

Dr. Xerogeanes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Xerogeanes has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Xerogeanes' Board Certifications

Hospitals Of The University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Completed in 1998

University Of California, Davis

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Xerogeanes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Xerogeanes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine