Dr. John Xerogeanes, MD

Dr. John Xerogeanes, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Emory Orthopaedic and Spine 59 Executive Park South NE Ste 3000 Atlanta, GA 30329 Get Directions

As a member of many respected professional societies and organizations, Dr. Xerogeanes has published numerous research articles, chapters of textbooks and developed surgical techniques. His professional experience as an orthopedic surgeon has won him many accolades and international acknowledgements. Thus, he routinely travels internationally to lecture and educate surgeons on the most innovative and sophisticated surgical procedures. His work and opinions have been featured on all major television networks including Good Morning America, CNN and ESPN.

Dr. Xerogeanes has been recognized as one of US News & World Report's Top Doctors with a special distinction listing him among the top 1% in the nation in his specialty.  Dr. X has been consistently ranked amongst the top health care providers within Emory Healthcare in "Patient Satisfaction" by Press Ganey patient polling. Along with recreational athletes, his patients range from past Presidents of the United States to Academy Award winning actresses to professional and Olympic athletes. He is one of only two Emory School of Medicine faculty members to be nominated and elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha, a national medical honor society founded in 1902.

Dr. Xerogeanes' Experience

See how Dr. Xerogeanes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Xerogeanes

Dr. Xerogeanes accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Xerogeanes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Xerogeanes to family and friends
Dr. Xerogeanes' Performance
Atlanta |
Performed a miracle on my torn ACL & MCL!
in Atlanta |
Confident, personable and available.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. X is really positive in his approach and gave me great confidence in the recoverability for my knee. If you want the best guy this is your man. Details make a difference and he is very detailed. He has a bias towards activity and is used to getting athletes back in the game.
Atlanta,GA |
Dr. Xerogeanes, is an excellent surgeon. He's very explanatory. I went into my procedure confident, and calm knowing I was in good hands.
in Cartersville, GA |
Dr. X. Is outstanding and the Emory facility and services are top notch! My knee repair went exactly as Dr X described and recovery better than expedited. Thanks!
Dr Xerogeanes was very informative with me at my visit. I'm an heart patient and he discussed my condition with me also ....I felt very comfortable continuing on with my procedure. I think it was one of the best decisions I could have ever made. NO MORE FROZEN SHOULDER!!!
in Cumming, GA |
Dr. X and his staff are incredible!
in Atlanta, GA |
I was a bit nervous regarding the procedure but Dr. X and his team's demeanor and professionalism calmed me. The outcome was more than expected and completely happy with the results. Thank you Dr. X for giving back my range of motion in my shoulder!
Columbus, GA |
Before I decided to choose a doctor I did some research, Dr. X was my first option. His experience & reccomandation lead me to him. His very energetic & confident. I'm a satisfied patient.
Atlanta, GA |
Excellent patient "bedside manner" and a great team.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very personable and knowledgeable. Dr. X is very easy to talk to and explain things in a manner you can easily understand. Overall, very positive experience.
Athens, GA |
Dr. X is a world class surgeon. He performed my daughter's ACL surgery in March 2017. He not only is extremely skilled at surgery, he also has a wonderful bedside manner. He follows his patients closely afterwards to monitor their progress. She improved rapidly after the surgery and is excited to get back to sports.
in Atlanta, GA |
I had a great experience with the doctor himself and all his staff. I also referred one of my clients who had his surgery done which involved ACL on left knee as well, he is also doing well. I am recovering very nicely, better than I have expected.
He was very clear in what had happened to my knee and what we needed to do to get me back on the field. He genuinely cares about the athletes he treats and calls them to check how they're doing the day of surgery. Everything leading up to surgery was easy and we were able to get me scheduled within two weeks of the first visit. The whole experience was quick and painless aside from the actual pain of surgery. Everyone in the office was very nice, friendly, and helpful!
Flowery Branch, GA |
Excellent care, communicates well, called us personally after surgery to check on how my daughter was doing; had the same surgery 9 months before and very glad we switched to Dr X
in Woodstock, GA |
I am not satisfied with my progress and advice given- it was recommended I get another MRI to see what was going on it did not help at all. I feel not much is done at costly appointments and to just come back in a couple of weeks each time. There is no answer as to what is causing my pain and no plan forward to how to make it better. I am at a loss as what to do and my job depends on it.
in Decatur, GA |
He's the BEST!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. X has operated an both my shoulder and knee during the last 10 years with the knee being the most recent procedure. He identified and corrected both issues. Recovery time and outcome from both procedures were just as he anticipated. Both joints are now pain free and causing me no issue even with the knee still healing.
Macon, GA |
I got 2 opinions on the surgery needed. I chose Dr. X because he took the time to recommend which tendon should be used and why.
Atlanta, GA |
After seeing other Orthopedic doctors, I found Dr. Xerogeanes (Dr. X) to be an excellent, patient and easy to communicate to doctor. My surgery went as planned and Dr. X and his staff did a wonderful job on follow-up.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. X is awesome! He really listens to you and makes sure you understand everything he is saying. He is a very caring doctor and I am so glad I went to him for a second opinion.
Alpharetta, GA |
He is very knowledgeable, makes you feel at ease and very comfortable with him. He looks out for your total health, not just the injury. Answers all my questions and checks up on you after surgery
in Lawrenceville,GA |
Dr. X is awesome and husband level of expertise is off the radar. He explained the procedure from start to finish, and after surgery he spoke with me and my family member. The staff surrounding him are great. I never had a problem or delay getting my questions answered after my surgery. I like Dr. X demeanor and confidence in his techniques. He's an excellent surgeon, Thank you!!!! Sharon C. 2/23/2017 surgery date
Atlanta, GA |
Great experience. Facility and staff were friendly and professional. Dr X was very confident in diagnosis and very detailed in explaining the problems and solutions. He was interested in my lifestyle and activity level, and designed the procedure with my particular athletics in mind.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Xerogeanes "Dr. X" is an AWESOME and professional doctor. Immediately upon meeting Dr. X, he was quite professional and able to explain to me the expectations I should expect prior to knee surgery. The all-in-all was the day of surgery and the actual procedure. In early January Dr. X and his team performed surgery and their mannerism or "bed side" manners displayed were at the top of the charts!! Awesome doctor and team!
Troy, MI |
very knowledgeable. Explains a complex procedure/procedure in lame man's terms. Very comforting
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr. X is a BEAST. Great guy, entertaining, great at what he does. I would recommend for anyone (especially collegiate or pre-collegiate athletes) to consider seeing Dr. X for any injury.
in Baldwin, GA |
Dr. Xerogeanes repaired a torn ACL in my 14 year old son's right knee. Dr. X was very good with my son and after 6 months of healing, his knee feels as good as it did before the injury. Dr. X and his staff were very caring, professional, and thorough. I feel my son's excellent progress was due to having a great surgeon in Dr. X.
in Atlanta Ga |
Dr. X is the best because he made me feel like I was going to be back playing the sports I love after the surgery. He made sure that surgery was the only option by giving me the opportunity to strengthen first and be sure that is was fully torn. After the reinjury I was certain that ACL replacement was the only option . His expertise is the field of knee surgery is vast and his methodologies are unmatched. I'm forever grateful for such a great surgeon and tremendous gentlemen.
in Atlanta, GA |
He knows his stuff and communicates the info back to the patient well.
in Atlanta, GA |
My experience with Dr. X exceeded any expectations I could have had. He made this whole process of getting my torn meniscus repaired so smooth & completely painless! He kept me informed throughout the process, and is incredible easy to talk to. He's the best of the best. I couldn't be any more pleased!
in Doraville |
Dr. X is an great surgeon and personable individual. He truly knows how to make a patient feel safe and secure.
in Avondale Estates, GA |
Very knowledgeable, personable and takes time to explain and answer questions.
in Decatur, GA |
Was awesome. Explained everything. Meant what he said. Puts your mind at ease.
in Roswell, GA |
My meniscus surgery went great and I am feeling much better. It was a very quick surgery with quick, positive results.
in Tallahassee, FL |
This was my 5th and final attempt to fix my knee. I felt I was in good hands with him and so far my knee has been doing well in rehab.
in Buford, GA |
Dr. X was amazing. Very personable, extremely knowledgeable, and his entire staff is also excellent. I tore my ACL playing tennis, and Dr. X reviewed my options for non-surgery and surgery. I decided on surgery and feel I couldn't have been in better hands. I am one week post my surgery, and already in PT, up and walking around and with very little pain.
in Warner Robins, GA |
After a very lackluster initial visit at my local ortho in Warner Robins, I got a 2nd opinion with Dr. X. @ Emory. The 2 visits were night and day different. Dr. X. was so much more personable and explained everything in great detail. From the damage to my knee, to the process to follow, plan forward, expectations, and every question my wife and I had; we immediately felt we were with the best for my ACL Surgery 9/15/2016. We cant say enough about how excellent Dr X and his team have been.
in Alpharetta, GA |
He has done 2 surgeries on both my shoulders. I find him very knowledgeable, caring, level headed (not eager to jump in to surgery, unless all other avenues exhausted). He also is very friendly and humble. Simply, he is the best!!!
Have you seen Dr. John Xerogeanes, MD?
Are you Dr. Xerogeanes?

Compare Dr. Xerogeanes

}

Dr. Xerogeanes says...

Dr. Xerogeanes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Xerogeanes has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Xerogeanes' Board Certifications

Hospitals of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Completed in 1998

University Of California, Davis

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Xerogeanes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Xerogeanes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine