Dr. John Wood, MD

31 Reviews
Dr. Wood

Integrated Internal Medicine

5811 Lee Hwy Chattanooga, TN 37421

Dr. John Wood, MD is a clinical lipidologist in Chattanooga, TN and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from Michigan State University in 1983 and specializes in clinical lipidology and internal medicine.

At a glance

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Good patient care Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Wood accepts

Dr. Wood accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check if Dr. Wood treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Wood's conditions and procedures:

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • Breath Testing
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

Dr. Wood's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Wood?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wood

3.5

35.483870967741936%

Dr. Wood?
Dr. Wood's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Wood, MD
Dr. Wood has been my doctor for over 20 years. He is extremely through, takes all the time you need for the diagnosis and treatment of my illnesses. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?
My few experiences with Dr. Wood were great and he seemed like he really cared. But I had blood work ran and never got the chance to go over it.. I had 5 appointments cancelled by his office team and got a call last night that he was closing the office. Life goes on I get it but I wish I would've know sooner before e the night before my 5th appointment for the blood work results. Now I'm searching for a new doctor because the blood work was so important and I still don't know the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?
My wife and I and our adult son are all patients of Dr. Wood. We believe that Dr. Wood is a one of a kind dedicated physician who gives you really good quality medical care. Under Dr. Wood's care, our son was able to control his diabetes and no longer has to take metformin. We are grateful indeed, to have Dr. Wood as our personal physician. M & R Jasper, TN
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?
Dr Wood is an knowledgeable, meticulously careful doctor. I have been seeing him for at least 20 years. He cares about his patients and will work hard to get the best results for them. I am 78 years old and have gone from 320 + lbs to 190 lbs and play tennis twice a week. If you read the negative comments carefully you will see that these people don't have a clue about what it takes to deliver good health care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?
People who complained about time were patients at Beacon Health where they tried to mke him see patients every 15 mins or so. That is one reason he left. Now his wonderful and homey office does it at a rate he works at. One time at beacon he spent over an hour with me and corrected meds I needed and the health dept gave me when I was going out of the country-- saved my life, as he did for my sister in law on another occasion. If you want a sweet talker find a counselor-- if you want a superb d
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?
Smartest Doctor in Chattanooga (and other doctors agree)! He is always careful in his decision making. I appreciate how he listens and treats me and my husband! Leslie Halling
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?
Dr. Wood is an extremely intelligent doctor. His number one concern is his patients. He is not in a hurry to get you in and out of his office. He is very thorough in his exams He is opinionated especially when it comes to anything getting in the way of his best care for his patients. My family is more than satisfied with the excellent care Dr. Wood provides.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?
Rude, controlling, anger issue, hates Medicare, arrogant never recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wood?

• Clinical Lipidology

1986
1984
1983
1979

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wood treats patients.

80% Patient experience rating, 11% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)