Dr. John Wood, MD

Dr. John Wood, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  ·

Dr. John Wood, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Baton Rouge, LA and has been practicing for 4 years. He specializes in ear, nose, and throat, sleep medicine otolaryngology, and more.Read his story

Learn about Dr. Wood

Video

See how frequently Dr. Wood performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Outer Ear Infection
Chronic Sinusitis
Chronic Tonsillitis

Dr. Wood's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Wood's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wood "My family has been in Louisiana for almost 250 years. I was born in Ruston, Louisiana. At 9 years old, I was diagnosed with leukemia and treated at Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans. A few years later, I was diagnosed with a relapse with leukemia and was treated at St. Jude Hospital. Because I was unable to attend much of my high school classes, I entered LSU under the Early Admissions Program. Once my health improved, I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Virginia. After college, I married Kelly (also a Louisiana native), and we lived near Washington DC. While there, I worked in cancer biology research at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. We then moved to Nashville, TN where I attended medical school at Vanderbilt and we had our first child there, Lucy Bea. We were in Miami for 5 years during residence and had our second child (John Isaac) there. They had an amazing experience, spending their first years growing up speaking both English and Spanish. It has been a great blessing to move back to my home state where my family has been for nearly 250 years. It is a place of deep cultural riches and loving people. Because of the amazing love and support given to me during my illnesses, I am filled with joy and gratitude to be able to serve the people of Louisiana. "

This content was provided by Dr. Wood "Because of my own experiences as a patient, I have a deep desire for patients to feel that they are participants in a partnership with me in making decisions about their care.  I treat all aspects of otolaryngology but my practice focuses heavily on surgical management of both benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck. This includes thyroid masses, salivary gland tumors, cancers of the mouth and throat as well as others.  While I may have the technical and medical knowledge regarding the advantages and disadvantages of particular treatment options, I feel that it is critically important to understand what values each patient brings with them when making medical decisions.  I want each patient to understand as much as I do about each option then help them to make the best decision for themselves.  "

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology
  • Sleep Medicine Otolaryngology

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Neck Mass
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngeal Cancer Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Minimally Invasive Parathyrodectomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Paracentesis
  • Parathyroid Surgery
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Turbinate Reduction
  • Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University of Virginia
  • University of Miami Jackson Meml Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Wood has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wood's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wood to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS

Dr. Wood's Performance

Dr. Wood treated me for thyroid cancer. I was so scared and nervous but he walked me through every procedure and even prayed with me right before my second surgery. I thank God everyday day that he put him in my path. Thank you so much Dr. Wood.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I like this doctor. He has a wonderful attitude, explained all my options and made me feel very comfortable. He has great knowledge. I had gone to other doctors that have never given me the options Dr. Wood had.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. John Wood is a phenomenal surgeon. He performed a thyroidectomy on me on 1/7/16. The procedure was more than I could have hoped for. No cancer was found. Dr. Wood initiated praying with my husband, my son, myself and for himself before I went into surgery. I had such a feeling of peace and...more
Are you Dr. Wood?

More Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists like Dr. Wood at Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal

Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist