Dr. John Wood III, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Wood III

Chapel Hill Ophthalmology Clin

110 Conner Dr Ste 2 Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Dr. John Wood III, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Chapel Hill, NC and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, School Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in ophthalmology, anterior segment ophthalmology, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wood III

4.0

Dr. Wood III?
Dr. Wood III's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Wood III, MD
Over booked and doesn't spend enough time with patient. He refers most questions to his assistants before rushing out of the exam room. Suspect he or someone on his staff has written many of the 5 star reviews.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
I have just had cataract surgeries, one on each eye. What had initially been a dread – had turned out to be a painless experience. Fortunately, the choice of a doctor to perform the surgery is a no-brainer for me, Dr. Wood has been my ophthalmologist for over 20 years. The combination of the lens and his skills has allowed me to be free of eye glasses (except for reading those small letters, for which I need reading glasses). Thank you to Dr. Wood and staff for providing such excellent care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
After a bad experience with the first cataract surgery (left eye) due to an unexpected, uncommon problem with my eye it took me over a year to get up the courage to have the cataract removed in the other eye. I didn't want to return to the same dr. A friend recommended Dr. Wood. Even though there was the same problem in my right eye, Dr. Wood was prepared and able to deal with it. I read and drive without glasses. Thank you Dr. Wood and all the friendly, caring staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Very good physician. Took my 88 year old mother in to see Dr. Wood. He performed cataract surgery on my Mom's second eye- she sees better out of this new eye. The office, the staff, and Dr. we're/are all really good. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
I know several former patients of Dr. Wood who have the same opinion of him as I do...He's rushed, uncommunicative, and lacks sensitivity. Difficult to understand the many 5-star ratings on this site.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Dr. Wood was great during my emergency visits. I was able to schedule an office visit on the same day that I experienced severe pain in my left eye from some, then, unknown source. I was also scheduled for subsequent visits until my pain had subsided, and my "abrasion" had healed. The staff was great, and took very good care of me.
I received excellent care from Dr. Wood. I would recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Dr. Wood came in early to see me after I called with a vision problem. (I was not even a patient of his) He gave me a complete examination and determined I had stroke and contacted my physician and the ER to get me into care immediately. I truly appreciate the professionalism and care from the technicians, staff and Dr. Wood.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Getting LASIK was one of the best decisions I have made, and it was certainly worth every penny. Dr. Wood and his staff were extremely professional in their care and walked me through each step in the process. They truly made it a stress free process. I couldn’t believe how fast the procedure was completed and how short the recovery time was. I have recommended Dr. Wood to family members and would recommend him to anyone looking to have eye correction surgery done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Dr. Wood completed surgery on both of my eyes and it exceeded our expectations . He explained everything that was going to happen to be and my options. I am very happy with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Wood. He performed Cataract surgery on both of my eyes. And I could not have chosen a better Doctor! He is highly competent and knowledgeable!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Chapel Hill Ophthalmology provides great care and customer service. I've been going there for a few years now and I am very happy with their service. Dr. Wood and their staff are great! They are friendly and very helpful. I recently spent a lot of time dropping in to ask questions about contacts and glasses. The desk staff was very patient to review costs and insurance with me. The opticians helped a lot too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
I moved to the area several months ago. I heard about Dr. Wood from a friend. I must admit I was a little hesitant to see Dr. Wood after I read some negative reviews from few patients here. But I am glad that I've made the right choice. Dr. Wood is a wonderful eye surgeon who is very concerned about his patients, is very personable and explains everything so you understand what is involved. His surgery results are outstanding and exceed our expectations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Dr. Wood has been my Dr for many years. I thought when I first me him that he was lacking in "bedside manner". I soon realized that he only seemed to be distracted when he was thinking of how best to help. He will spend as much time as needed if you talk to him. Very knowledgeable and skilled Dr and surgeon. Recently had cataract surgery both eyes and total satisfaction. He has a great technical staff that he relies on with confidence, as do I. Some front desk staff could be more friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Each one of the staff was personable and professional. Dr. Wood answered all of my questions and gave me very helpful advice. I am glad I found this team of eye care professionals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Spent less than 5 minutes with me and mumbled instructions to techs as if I weren't in the room. I was a retina, not a person. Will not return, and will advise friends and family against utilizing this provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Dr. Wood is a splendid eye doctor. He did my cataract surgery and the before and after is amazing. I wish I had done it sooner. He is accepted by Blue Cross. He cares about his patients, is professional and very well educated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
I was with other ophthalmologist for many years. Recently I went to Chapel Hill Ophthalmology. I have found their service to be excellent. After I signed up I only waited about several minutes, then an optician called me for eye service. It was so short waiting time. Dr. John Wood was very caring, kind, considerate, knowledgeable and very patient to answer my questions. He had great personality and was pleasant to deal with. The front desk and opticians were very professional and friendly too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
We had been with other ophthalmologist for many years. Recently we saw Dr. Wood at Chapel Hill Ophthalmology. Dr. Wood gave thorough eye exams and was patient to answer our questions. Dr. Wood is very nice, knowledgeable and considerate. I am very happy with their excellent service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wood III, MD?
Over the weekend, I had an urgent issue with my eyes. Dr. Wood was on call, met me at the office, and spent time addressing my concerns. He contacted me the next day to ensure that I was doing well. He is truly a compassionate and knowledgeable physician. They don't make physicians like him anymore!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Wood III?

I have over 22 years of experience being a "Comprehensive Ophthalmologist" meaning that I treat a broad variety of eye conditions including, but not limited to, simple glasses exams, red eye, infections, dry eye, eye injuries, diabetic eye problems, ...

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Wood III's Top Procedures and Conditions

Eye Cancer

Dr. Wood III treats Eye Cancer more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Wood III treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Retinal Cancer

• Ulcer
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wood III treats patients.

Compare Providers