Dr. John Won, MD

Dr. John Won, MD

General Surgery | Male | 47 years old

39 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Won specializes in General Surgery and practices in Raleigh, NC. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Won? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Won's Experience

See how Dr. Won's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Won

Dr. Won's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Won to family and friends
4.3
Experience with Dr. Won
Dr. Won's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (37)
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Won and his staff were so friendly and answered all my questions. MY surgery went so much better than I was expecting. Absolutely recommend Dr. Won!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Won and his staff were great. They were very attentive and answered all my questions and concerns. My surgery went very well and without question if I need an oral surgeon in the future, I will go to Dr. Won.
in Raleigh, NC |
Was scared to death of having oral surgery. Dr. Won and his team were with me every step of the way and it went SO much better than I thought. Dr. Won did a great job and I am not afraid of the dentist anymore. Totally recommend!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Won removed several wisdom teeth. He and his staff were very friendly and offered a great experience. The surgery went well and I was up and going with little pain the next day. Absolutely recommend!
in Cary, NC |
Great experience. Dr. Won and his team were all top notch. Had multiple wisdom teeth removed and it went so much smoother than I thought it would be. Recommend Dr. Won!
in Raleigh, NC |
Great experience with Dr. Won and his staff. Had difficult oral surgery and they were amazing. Totally recommend Dr. Won!
in cary, NC |
Fabulous work by Dr. Won and his staff. Had a great experience! Absolutely recommend.
in Raleigh, NC |
It was a great experience. I got 5 wisdom teeth (yes I had an extra wisdom tooth) removed no problem! My stitches healed really quickly and my bleeding stopped after the first day! Everyone was really helpful and calming.
in Raleigh, NC |
I had all wisdom teeth removed at POMS and it was a great experience. Not only were the staff amazingly nice and attentive to your needs the surgery went amazing. I will definitely be recommending Dr.Won to family and friends!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Won met and exceeded my expectations! He was very friendly and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Great experience, recommend highly!
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Won and his staff made me feel comfortable through the entire process. What a good experience. I would not go anywhere else than Dr. Won for my oral surgery needs.
in Cary, NC |
My surgery went way way better than I expected. Dr. Won and his whole staff were so friendly. Totally recommend Dr. Won!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Won really knew what he was doing. Put me at ease and my oral surgery went off without a hitch. Great doctor, totally recommend.
in Raleigh, NC |
Great doctor, great experience. He took very good care of me! Recommend!
in Cary, NC |
Mouth use to hurt, now I feel great! Was scared to death to have oral surgery. Dr. Won and his team did an amazing job! Recommend!!
in Raleigh, NC |
Great experience. Dr. Won really helped my mouth and I was confident that he was the right person to do my oral surgery. Very friendly..His staff was with me the entire time and I could not be more satisfied.
in Morrisville, NC |
I was scared to death for nothing. I put off my oral surgery until I had no choice as I was really worried about the pain. Dr. Won did a fabulous job and I am so happy with the results. I feel like I have a new lease on life. Thanks, Dr. Won!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Won took great care of me and my oral surgery went much better than expected. The surgery was quick and I was up and going the next day with minimal pain. The office staff were very friendly! Totally recommend.
in Raleigh, NC |
I met with Dr. Won after being referred to him for some oral surgery I needed. Dr. Won and his staff were very friendly and took the time to answer all my questions and address any of my concerns. My surgery went perfectly and I could not be happier with Dr. Won's work. Absolutely recommend!
in Cary, NC |
Great experience! Dr. Won is very caring and he and his office staff made me feel at ease. Everything went better than expected and my mouth has never felt better.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Won and his team were amazing for my oral surgery. They were with me the entire time and really made me feel at ease. I was up and going the next day with minimal pain. Great job! I totally recommend Dr. Won!
in Cary, NC |
Developed terrible intestinal and colon infection due to the antibiotic that dentist prescribed as precaution for wisdom teeth removal. No discussions with me about side effects and such a strong dose.? My internist was shocked. He had 4-5 folks check in for wisdom teeth removal at the same time also. Only spend few minutes per patient/ victim. Terrible experience. Gave 1 star as could not give 0.
in Apex NC |
Dr Won removed all my boys wisdom teeth and I would not trust anyone else. All my other friends kids had so many problems with the wisdom teeth removal and all THREE of my boys all did great and healed so fast. I also had an implant done with Dr Won and had an amazing experience. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I am very particular about my care and even more so with my boys. Four amazing procedures and surgeries and we will always go back. thank you Dr Won and your staff. A +++++
Have you seen Dr. John Won, MD?
Are you Dr. Won?

Compare Dr. Won

Dr. Won's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims found

Dr. Won has 2 malpractice claims

More  What is medical malpractice
    • Settlement (8/27/2013)
    • Nature of Complaint: INCIDENT LOCATION: CARY, NC /// PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: 52 yr old had multiple teeth extracted.He denied any medical history. Surgery was without complication. Post-op the patient did well.Two days later he became non-responsive and was taken by EMS who noted bleeding from his mouth.Labs revealed significant coagulopathy that could not be corrected. He subsequently expired.No autopsy was performed.The defense was prepared to designate three OMS surgeons to testify on standard of care and a hepatologist to testify that the patient more likely died of hemorrhagic shock secondary to bleeding caused by esophageal varices due to his pre-existing and undiagnosed significant liver disease caused by history of alcoholism. The patient did not disclose any history of alcoholism. The suit was felt defensible but with risk of an excess verdict and opportunity to settle case in policy limits, settlement was deemed best option.
    • State: North Carolina
    • Settlement (8/27/2013)
    • Nature of Complaint: INCIDENT LOCATION: CARY, NC /// 52 yr old had multiple teeth extracted.He denied any medical history. Surgery was without complication. Post-op the patient did well.Two days later he became non-responsive and was taken by EMS who noted bleeding from his mouth.Labs revealed significant coagulopathy that could not be corrected. He subsequently expired.No autopsy was performed.The defense was prepared to designate three OMS surgeons to testify on standard of care and a hepatologist to testify that the patient more likely died of hemorrhagic shock secondary to bleeding caused by esophageal varices due to his pre-existing and undiagnosed significant liver disease caused by history of alcoholism. The patient did not disclose any history of alcoholism. The suit was felt defensible but with risk of an excess verdict and opportunity to settle case in policy limits, settlement was deemed best option. PRACTITIONER COMMENTS:
    • State: North Carolina

Dr. Won does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Won and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Won does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Won and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

Dr. Won does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Won and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results