Dr. John Wiener, MD

Pediatric Nephrology | Male

Dr. John Wiener, MD
Dr. John Wiener, MD is a pediatric nephrology doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Wiener is affiliated with Duke University Hospital.

Dr. Wiener's Care Philosophy

I look forward to going to work at Duke Health every day. I get the opportunity to help others while doing work that is stimulating and challenging each and every day. My practice covers all surgical and medical aspects of pediatric urology. Common surgical problems are correction of hypospadias undescended testes vesicoureteral reflux and urinary obstruction. Medical issues include incontinence and urinary tract infections. Urological care of spina bifida is another large area of my focus. As a surgeon I am able to use my hands and harness the creative parts of my mind toward that goal. Working with children is a joy and keeps me young and on my toes. Having three children of my own keeps me grounded and makes me individualize the plan for each patient as I would want for my own child. I feel fortunate to be at Duke where I am surrounded by brilliant colleagues and curious students. This stimulation drives me to strive to be my best and to conduct research that will benefit my own patients and similar children worldwide.

Dr. Wiener's Experience

See how Dr. Wiener's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wiener

Dr. Wiener accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Wiener is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wiener has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wiener's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wiener to family and friends
2.8
based on 5 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Wiener's Performance
in Providence, NC |
Dr weiner it a great doctor he worked very hard to give my son darrell a good quilty of life he made all of the appomintes great for my son he loved dr weiner. Staff is great and always answers any questions you have unfortunately after a surgery done by dr weiner my son passed away from the complications.
Have you seen Dr. John Wiener, MD?
Are you Dr. Wiener?

Compare Dr. Wiener

Dr. Wiener's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wiener's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Nephrology
      •  Board certified in Pediatric Urology and Urology

Dr. Wiener has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wiener's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
      • Bladder Diverticulum
      • Bladder Infection
      • Bladder Stones
      • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
      • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
      • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
      • Hydronephrosis
      • Hypospadias
      • Kidney Cancer
      • Kidney Stones
      • Neurogenic Bladder
      • Overactive Bladder
      • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
      • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
      • Undescended Testicles
      • Urinary Disorders
      • Urinary Incontinence
      • Urinary Stones
      • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
      • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Duke University Med Center

Completed in 1995

Baylor College Of Med

Completed in 1997

Dr. Wiener does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wiener and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Nephrology

• Orchiectomy
      • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
      • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
      • Ureteroneocystostomy
      • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
      • Uroflowmetry