Dr. John Wiener, MD

Dr. John Wiener, MD

Pediatric Urology  ·
Dr. John Wiener, MD is a pediatric urology specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Tulane University Of Louisiana in 1988 and specializes in pediatric urology and urology.

23 Sunnybrook Rd Ste 200

Raleigh, NC 27610

• CoreSource
  • Gateway Health Plan
  • HealthSmart
  • MedCost
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

Learn about Dr. Wiener

See how frequently Dr. Wiener performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Neurogenic Bladder
Bladder Diseases
Kidney Infection
high

Dr. Wiener's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wiener "I look forward to going to work at Duke Health every day. I get the opportunity to help others while doing work that is stimulating and challenging each and every day. My practice covers all surgical and medical aspects of pediatric urology. Common surgical problems are correction of hypospadias undescended testes vesicoureteral reflux and urinary obstruction. Medical issues include incontinence and urinary tract infections. Urological care of spina bifida is another large area of my focus. As a surgeon I am able to use my hands and harness the creative parts of my mind toward that goal. Working with children is a joy and keeps me young and on my toes. Having three children of my own keeps me grounded and makes me individualize the plan for each patient as I would want for my own child. I feel fortunate to be at Duke where I am surrounded by brilliant colleagues and curious students. This stimulation drives me to strive to be my best and to conduct research that will benefit my own patients and similar children worldwide."

• Pediatric Urology

• Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Ureteroneocystostomy
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Duke University Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Duke University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Baylor College Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Wiener has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wiener does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wiener and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wiener's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wiener

3.8

Dr. Wiener?
Dr. Wiener's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Wiener, MD
I would not give one star if I could. He mishandled the post surgery complications and the repair performed by him was also not correct
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wiener, MD?
We LOVE Dr. Wiener! He has by far been the best pediatric Urologist that my daughter has seen. Not only is he brilliant, but it is obvious that he genuinely CARES about my daughter’s health. I would recommend Dr. Wiener to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wiener, MD?
Dr. Wiener saved our son's kidney. In 2014, one of our prenatal ultrasounds revealed severe hydronephrosis (swollen kidney) due to a blockage in his ureter. Our OBGYN referred us to Dr. Wiener b/c he was "one of the best pediatric urologists in the country." He is reassuring, confident,...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wiener, MD?
Dr. Weiner performed an extensive abdominal surgery on our daughter in March 2018. She had bladder augmentation, Mitrofanoff and MACE procedures. Dr. Weiner is a highly skilled surgeon that was and is very attentive to the patient’s needs and we have been so fortunate to experience no...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Wiener, MD?
I have seen Dr. Wiener for almost 20 years and he is a great physician. He truly cares about his patients and their well being.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Wiener?