Dr. John Wheelock, MD

Dr. John Wheelock, MD

Gynecologic Oncology  |

Dr. John Wheelock, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 64 years old. Dr. Wheelock is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital, Tristar Centennial Medical Center and Cookeville Regional Medical Center.

Gynecologic Oncology of Middle Tennessee

330 23rd Ave N Ste 600

Nashville, TN 37203

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Alliant Health Plans
  • American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)

Learn about Dr. Wheelock

Dr. Wheelock's Experience

Dr. Wheelock's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology

• Vulvar Cancer

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Tulane University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Kessler Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Kessler Medical Center
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wheelock has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wheelock does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wheelock and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Wheelock's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wheelock to family and friends
Dr. Wheelock's Performance
in Springfield, TN |
TRUELY WAS SO PLEASED WITH DR. WHEELOCK, WHAT A GRACIIOUS AND COMFORTABLE TIME WE SPENT WITH HIM, WHEN HE WAS EXPLAINING MY PROCEDURE.. I WILL GLADLY RECOMMEND HIM TO OTHER NEEDY PATIENTS.
Cookeville, TN |
Dr. Wheelock is a wonderful physician! His willingness to listen to my "story" was so comforting and resulted in a thorough assessment of the situation. He eased my mind in a stressful situation and prevented me from having unnecessary surgery. His staff was extremely caring and compassionate. I highly recommend Dr. Wheelock.
Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Wheelock is wonderful. I would highly recommend him! He is easy to talk with, calming, and his staff is terrific. I felt well informed about my recent surgery and he answered all of my questions thoroughly. I've had a good experience as his patient!
in Livingston, TN |
Always willing to spend the time and answer any questions. Review any scan and is proactive in finding any new problems. Could never ask for better care. After 3 years I am still here.
Clarksville, TN |
My experience with Dr. Wheelock and his staff has been above excellent! I can't say enough good things about Dr. Wheelock and his office for the care that they have given me. I would highly recommend Dr. Wheelock. After my surgery, the time that he spent with my family explaining the procedure and answering all their questions was amazing.
in Allons, TN |
I have bern a patient of Dr. Wheelock's for almost 4 years. He and is staff are the best! I never feel rushed through an appointment, my questions are always answered in a way that I understand what I need to know, and I trust that Dr. Wheelock and my chemo nurses are giving me the best care possible. I have recommended him to many friends and will not hesitate to do so in the future.
in Nashville, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Wheelock for 7 years. The kindness and efficiency of the office and staff is remarkable. I have experienced being seen by a few PA's. I have been very impressed with the previous individuals. The PA that I met at this visit left me feeling incomplete. She was pleasant and knowledgable but just did not have the patience or bedside manner that is standard for Dr. Wheelock and the office. Its not a complaint but an honest observation.
in Antioch, TN |
Dr. Wheelock is very caring and compassionate. He explained things in a way I understood them. Laid out very clearly what the best options for me were.
Hendersonville, TN |
Very caring and takes time to explain and answer all your questions.
in Fairview, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Wheelock and his practice to anyone! I recently was referred to him after an abnormal PAP result. From the initial consultation through the biopsy and eventual hysterectomy, Dr. Wheelock was very reassuring and took the time to explain everything. He has a way about him that makes you feel that everything is going to be all right. Everyone in his practice is the same way - friendly and goes out of their way to make you feel like an appreciated patient.
in Nashville, TN |
The best oncologist in the South!
in Nashville TN |
DR. WHEELOCK IS AWESOME AT WHAT HE DOES FOR THE PROCEDURE HE PERFORMED ON ME I WOULDNT RECOMMEND NOONE ELSE,Thank You Dr. WHEELOCK#Awesome Sauce????
in Nashville, TN |
At the age of 56 I had to have the first operation of my life. Needless to say I was a bit nervous. Dr. Wheelock & the entire staff made it an easier experience for me. They calmed me down & talked me through it all. The care before, during & after surgery could not have been better. These are the people you want to take care of you when you need their type of service.
in Nashville, TN |
He is the very best. He is calm, responsive, empathetic, and a genuine healer. We talked to a number of people who were Dr. Wheelock's patients, and everyone felt the same way. He is supremely knowledgeable and gentle. I felt like I was the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
in Hendersonville, TN |
Dr. Wheelock is the nicest doctor I have ever had. He immediately made me feel at ease with his gentle bedside manner. He was very thorough in explaining my options as well as the procedure. The procedure went as planned and I am on the road to recovery.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Wheelock essentially saved my life. After being diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cervical cancer (Small Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of the Cervix) he and his staff did everything possible to save my life. Seven years later and I am still cancer free from a cancer that was sure to take my life. He truly has a God given gift.
in Nashville, TN |
My mother now has only 3 months to live because of this so called Doctor. She was diagnosed one year ago last February with a highly aggressive uterine cancer. He did a hysterectomy and said she did not need any further treatment because it had not spread outside the pollop inside her uterus. Because of his lack of preventative treatment, the cancer returned a year later. I am losing my mom because of this man. If there was a negative star rating that is what I'd give him.
in Gallatin, tn |
I had surgery by Dr. Wheelock and chemotherapy with his staff and I have one word to describe all of them -- incredible!! I cannot thank my gynecologist enough for referring me to Dr. Wheelock -- he literally saved my life!
Nashville, TN |
Very disappointed the day of surgery as I was scheduled early in the morning but did not start until after 12.Was placed in big room where all of DR Wheelock's patients came in and out or surgery and I experienced watching all that while laying in bed alone.I honestly felt like cattle being pushed through.This made me more nervous than I already was. Other than that, staff and Dr Wheelock were friendly and very professional.No issues after my surgery.
in Clarksville, TN |
Did not have to wait long. Office was very clean. He and his nurse was very friendly, positive attitude and explained what I was looking at and how it was going to be accomplished. Was not scary at all.
Have you seen Dr. John Wheelock, MD?
Are you Dr. Wheelock?

Visit Dr. Wheelock

Dr. Wheelock accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
  • Alliant Health Plans
  • American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Card
    Network C
    Network P
    Network S
  • CHAMPVA
    Flexcare
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna HMO
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Medicaid of Tennessee

Cookeville, TN 38501
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
2000 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37236

More Gynecologic Oncology Specialists like Dr. Wheelock at Gynecologic Oncology of Middle Tennessee

Dr. Laura Williams, MD