Dr. John West Jr, MD

Dr. John West Jr, MD

Mohs Micrographic Surgery  |
Dr. John West Jr, MD is a mohs micrographic surgery doctor who practices in Mystic, CT. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

34 Water St Ste 2

Mystic, CT 06355

• Anthem
  • Connecticare
  • HealthyCT

Learn about Dr. West Jr

See how frequently Dr. West Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Adjacent Tissue Transfer
Leg and Foot Ulcers

Dr. West Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery
  • Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Hives
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• Paracentesis
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Tag Removal

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• University Of California At San Diego
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • St Mary Med Ctr-Ucla
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • U Ca Davis Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Richard G Bennett MD
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. West Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. West Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. West Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. West Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. West Jr to family and friends
3.3
Dr. West Jr's Performance
    GOOD
in Groton, CT |
I recently underwent MOHs surgery by Dr. West and I could not be more pleased with the care and treatment by Dr. West and his staff. To be sure, when I was first diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma on my face and was prescribed surgery to remove; I began to experience quite a lot of anxiety over the diagnosis and the prospect of surgery. Thankfully, Dr. West and his professional staff were there for me; empathetically responding to all my concerns. Many thanks to Dr. West and his staff.
in Old Lyme, CT |
I am very pleased with the professional and exceptional care I received at Seaport Dermatology. Dr. West is very thorough and addressed all of my many concerns, and did not rush me and my questions, or procedure. This may be why the waiting room sometimes gets backed up. I am very happy to recommend this office without hesitation, and will continue traveling to receive Dr. West's care.
Mystic, CT |
Dr West’s office is one of the most pleasant doctor’s office I have ever had to go to. The staff is friendly and professional. Dr West does excellent work.
in Laguna Hills, CA |
Dr. West performed Mohs Surgery on me when he was located in California. All the patients that day had Mohs Surgery and ALL of them were free of cancer at the first go around! My cancer has NOT returned either. Dr. West is a highly skilled Doctor and Surgeon. You may have to wait to see him, but it will be well worth your time. I sure wish he was still located in California. I always knew I was in good hands with Dr. West!
in Groton, CT |
I have been to six doctors since January for a diagnosis. None of them could diagnose what was wrong with me. My nose was sore and I had a pimple. But it was very painful and I couldn't get rid of it. Dr. West immediately recognize that I have a staph infection. It is worth waiting for him he is very competent, very nice, and I will return to his office.
Westerly, RI |
After hours in the waiting room, you are forced to listen to the Doctors current book on tape, instead of having a conversation with the Doctor. Very unprofessional, unpleasant situation.
Stonington, CT |
I wish I could tell you what a great doctor he is, however, TWICE I waited for over 1hr 20 minutes waiting for my appointment. The first time, I asked to be rescheduled since i was waiting for so long. The second time, same thing!!! I left after 1hr 20 minutes. I've never actually gotten into see him! This is inexcusable and is totally disrespectful of other peoples' time. If they knew both times that they were so backed up, they should have called me. Never again!
westerly, ri |
Long waits in the office, rude staff, Dr left a big unnecessary scar on my face. Had to go to a plastic surgeon for repair.
in Westerly, RI |
I highly recommend Dr. West and Seaport Dermatology. I've had the pleasure of visiting Dr. West twice in the past 20 months with each Mohs surgery very successful. He and his staff are always very friendly and very courteousness, answering all my questions leaving nothing to doubt. They are very concerned with your comfort while in the office and after you leave. His staff always calls the day after surgery to make sure there are no complications. Thank you Dr. West and Staff.
Mystic, CT |
I like Dr. West but it is impossible to get an appointment here unless you grovel or pull personal connections. Staff is not sympathetic when your child or you is erupting in painful eczema or poison ivy or suffering from some other urgent situation that cannot wait 6 months. After year after year of trying to work with Dr. West, I am finally coming to the realization that we need a new dermatologist we can count on. I do not have confidence that this office is there for my family if we need
Mystic, CT |
Dr. West is an excellent surgeon and does comprehensive examinations. I have a very high level of confidence in his practice.
Have you seen Dr. John West Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. West Jr?