Dr. John Vu, MD

Dr. John Vu, MD

Pain Medicine  ·

Dr. John Vu, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Slidell, LA and has been practicing for 5 years. He specializes in pain medicine.Read his story

Ochsner Medical Center - North Shore

105 Medical Center Dr Ste 103

Slidell, LA 70461

Learn about Dr. Vu

See how frequently Dr. Vu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intervertebral Disc Disease
Chronic Pain
Spondylosis

Dr. Vu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Vu's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Vu "Dr. John Vu earned his medical degree from LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans. He completed his residency in Anesthesiology at Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans. He completed his fellowship in Pain Medicine at Emory University in Atlanta. He is board certified in both anesthesia and pain management and has been on staff at Ochsner since 2013. Dr. Vu is seeing patients at Ochsner Health Center-Slidell on Monday through Friday."

This content was provided by Dr. Vu "I support a patient's decision/ right about their treatment plan. I take the time to educate and encourage patients to be involved in all aspects of their care. I listen, value a patient's input and attend to their individual needs. I communicate in a clear, timely manner and share all pertinent information. I treat patients and their families with dignity, compassion and respect."

• Pain Medicine

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*
  • Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Tulane University of Louisiana
  • Ochsner Clin Fdn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Emory U Atlanta
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Vu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vu's Reviews

2.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vu to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
4.5
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS

Dr. Vu's Performance

Dr. Vu Says:
"

I appreciate you taking the time to provide me with feedback that will be shared with others. This feedback is valued by me and my practice so that we can continuously improve upon our patient's experience. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach me or my staff at (985) 639-3777.

"

So I went to Dr.Vu cause a neighbor of mine had recommended I was seeing another doctor who I was not happy with upon him seeing me 5 min in the room without even reviewing my MRI he immediately said I’m gonna do this procedure well I had it done and now am in worse pain then when I went in when I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
It worked very well. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Ready for another shot.!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Absolutely terrible. Terrible communication. Untouchable on weekend even while patient at ER. Refused to provide service at Ochsner Slidell even though patient is admitted in that hospital. Dr Vu wants the patient to leave the hospital and be transported some place else. Absolutely ridiculous....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Hi, Guy. Thank you for this review. We're very sorry about your experience, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.

He is a PROCEDURE doctor which is amazing if his procedures were done within a few days of seeing him and pain is relieved. Unfortunately, his procedures are a month out and he does not care about the physical and mental pain one endures while waiting. I am confined to my bed with no pain reliefe...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

Efficient staff..procedure went well and he seemed very proficient and well trained. Would have felt more confident with better explanation afterwards about what to expect but guess have to go back to Spine Specialist for that or just wait to see results. Had epidural today. ??