Dr. John Vaeth, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 59

Dr. Vaeth

Jack Vaeth, MD, PA

133 Defense Hwy Annapolis, MD 21401

Dr. John Vaeth, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Annapolis, MD and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from University Of Maryland School Of Medicine in 1992 and specializes in psychiatry, pediatric psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Vaeth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vaeth

3.4

Dr. Vaeth?
Dr. Vaeth's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Vaeth, MD
Dr. Vaeth is a true professional with an invaluable wealth of knowledge and experience. He is able to think outside of the box to customize a medication regimen for your individual requirements. His staff is very helpful and respond quickly to my calls. I highly recommend Dr. Vaeth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Vaeth, MD?
He knows very little about treating anxiety or depression, or how the meds interact. He has very little patience for things that don't interest him, which included my issues with bad side effects. He'd get upset with me, for not being effectively treated by his one or two default approaches. He put me on a dangerous combination of meds, then took almost a week to return my desperate call. I'd wound up with serotonin syndrome, and his response was to tell me I was out of options!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Vaeth, MD?
Dr. Vaeth is knowledgeable, skilled and a fun and informative speaker. He keeps updated on issues in his field and is a delight to speak with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Vaeth, MD?
After being wrongly diagnosed with depression by a former therapist, a dose of antidepressants, and a trip to the hospital, vaeth took one look at me a new i was wasnt depressed. He was avble to pinpoint the real cause of my suicidal thoughts, and even discovered my unregulated adhd problem. He has been amazingly helpful and is astoundingly unbiased when diagnosing medications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Vaeth, MD?
Dr. V is the first psychiatrist I've ever dealt with, and I've been pleasantly surprised. I've always had a somewhat stereotypical view of all doctors, that they're too smart or too important to actually relate to your fears and problems. Dr V is very down to earth, while at the same time exudes professionalism and knowledge. He listens, then replies with honest views, as to why..... he's down to earth and easy to talk to. I've only had 2 sessions, but I've seen real progress. Thanks DrJV !!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Vaeth, MD?
.Very Unpleasant. After $550, he diagnosed with me depression and ADD, (I already knew that) gave me so meds, and that's it. 15 minutes appointment. He Could not even recommend a therapist of any kind to see me. His demeanor was sarcastic and he acted like he was doing me a favor. When he did return phone calls it was 10 pm. and I was already asleep -. My son saw him also and as it happens, we were both on the same dosage of the same medication insinuated that something was going on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Vaeth, MD?
After paying $575 for the initial consultation, he diagnosed me with ADHD and prescribed a bunch of meds for it. Never told me what they were supposed to do, what my symptoms of ADHD were or side effects of the meds. I never got any information about ADHD and I was told via email, I quote, Google it. I emailed him with all these side effects I was experiencing including suicidal thoughts and depression. I have never been suicidal or depressed in my life. I don't recommend him at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Vaeth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vaeth?

• Psychiatry

University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
1984
University Of Maryland Baltimore County

Dr. Vaeth accepts

Dr. Vaeth accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Vaeth's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Female Sexual Arousal Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis