Dr. John S. Urse III, DO

Dr. John S. Urse III, DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 60 years old

To provide patients the best information and treatment options regarding their musculoskeletal conditions. I utilize non-operative, alternative and complimentary, and surgical therapies to optimize best treatment methods for my patients.Read more

Dr. Urse III's Experience

See how Dr. Urse III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Urse III

Dr. Urse III accepts 30 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Urse III has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Urse III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Urse III to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Urse III
Dr. Urse III's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (96)
Dr. Urse III Says:

Thank you for your feedback, as this will be helpful in improving patient care and concerns.

Please call 937-415-9100, extension 331 and speak with my medical assistant Sheila, if needed.

Respectfully, Dr. Urse

in Sidney, Oh |
Dr. Urse and his staff are very professional in the treatment of their patients. I have had several joint replaced by Dr. Urse, each one was great success. I have excellent range of motion in my shoulders, hips and knees. I have recommended Dr. Urse to my family and my friends. RonI.
in Clayton, OH |
This guy and his team are amazing. My first knee replacement was severely botched and he has been a God send. 9 weeks out I'm getting 0 deg. extension and 132 deg flex. He was great as well as the onsite physical therapy team. I would recommend him to anyone in my family.
in Eaton, OH |
Dr John Urse is the BEST! He explains the procedure and is very skilled at doing the surgery. I highly recommend him for any Ortho need.
in Brecksville, OH |
Dr.Urse recently performed a PRP and Stem Cell procedure on both of my knees. Having limited knowledge of the procedure, Dr.Urse took the time to explain the process and the benefits. Dr.Urse was extremely informative allowing me to make an informed decision. Dr Urse was very compassionate during the procedure and provided great follow up. I would highly recommend visiting Dr Urse as your Orthopedic Surgeon.
Dayton, OH |
Dr Urse is a great orthopedic surgeon who really cares about his patients. I highly recommend him for orthopedic needs.
in Dayton, OH |
Dr Urse treated me for a severe case of tennis elbow. I was in severe pain and very limited on activities I once enjoyed. On June 30, 2016, he performed a procedure on my elbow in which my own blood was drawn, spun, and my platelet enriched plasma was then injected into the elbow/tendon area. I had minimal down time, and very little discomfort from the procedure. Six weeks out, and I am truly pain free. I am confident this procedure, performed by this very qualified physician, has worked.
in Xenia, OH |
Dr. Urse has a very reassuring manner and a great sense of humor. He is also very efficient. I'd recommend him to anyone!
in Dayton, OH |
Dr. Urse has a great skill and I got wonderful overall results. However, don't expect return calls timely from his medical staff and don't expect your refund processed quickly. I had to wait 3 months for my refund. I would totally recommend Dr Urse to friends/family but I would hate to subject them to additional frustration because of his staff...
in Xenia, Ohio 45385 |
Knows what he's doing. Excellent manor. Grandview hospital was excellent. I would highly recommend dr. Urse and his choices for treatment, staff and hospital.
in Vandalia, OH |
My third surgery with Dr. Urse, he takes time for you to understand what he is doing for you.
in Dayton, OH |
Dr. Urse was amazing!! He is so so nice and very funny!! He was so kind enough to come in and see me on his day off. He went over everything in enough detail that both my mom and I could understand! He is an excellent doctor and I'm so glad we chose him! Thank you so much Dr. Urse!!
in Dayton, OH |
Wow! Doctor Urse has changed over the years! Due to insurance changes, I had to leave him a few years ago and with insurance changes again, I am back with him! He is a much more pleasant and caring doctor than he used to be. And, I have seen him at every appt. Not, some doctor studying under him. He really takes his time to explain everything and seems to really care. I am happy to be back with him and after a recent surgery performed by him, I plan on keeping him as my Orthopedic doctor!
in Springboro, OH |
Dr Urse is awesome at explaining your condition, giving options & helping you make informed decisions. I ended up having surgery on my shoulder & the next day the doctor himself called to check-up on me. I was especially impressed with that phone call since most doctors do not talk directly to patients on the phone.
He was very personable, highly professional. He had Reviewed my mri dvd an walked in with a full knowledge of what to do in my particular case. He does not waste your time. My surgery was at Grandview Hosp., where another nice expression of Dr. Urse s attention to detail, he gives each of his patients a vase of carnations. Surgery went fine, Dr. Urse an his staff honored my need for alll the anti nausea meds in their arsenal..which made the process less stressful. 3 wks out & doing fine.
in Troy, OH |
Dr. Urse has thoroughly explained various options for treatment. After trying lower level interventions, arthroscopy of my arthritic knee was recommended. The procedure went smoothly. I was on my feet right after surgery and did not require the use of any pain medication. I always felt that the options for treatment were in my hands, but he always kept me aware of alternatives. He is upbeat in his approach, confident and very personable.
in Lebanon, Ohio |
My surgeries were both successful; the Rehab associated with this office was awesome. They pushed me to achieve my goals. Highly recommended.
in Dayton, OH |
Dr Urse is a wonderful surgeon as well as a straight forward no non sense type of person. He makes you feel as if you are talking with a friend a opposed to just another Doctor. He makes sure that the patient understands everything that has been discussed regarding the up coming procedure.
Dayton, OH |
Dr Urse III is amazing and will work with you to fix the problem
in Columbus |
He's the best in the Midwest!!!
in Enon, OH |
Dr. Urse is amazing and I highly recommend him. I am very picky about who I see and couldn't trust anyone more!
in Kettering, OH |
Dr. Urse recently completed my partial knee replacement surgery. He spent time explaining the procedure, following up with visits to my room while in the hospital and phone calls when I returned home. At my 2-week follow up visit, he gave me specific information on how to continue to improve my knee flexibility and reduce pain. His nurse, Sheila, is amazing and always responds to questions, helping throughout the office visits, hospital/surgery scheduling,etc. Definitely recommend Dr. Urse.
in Dayton,oh |
I have been with Dr. Urse since 2000 & I wouldn't go to any other doctor. He treats you with respect & like you are a member of his own family. I have a very bad shoulder & to me he is the best shoulder doctor in the area. I was sent to another doctor because my shoulder is so bad but came back to doctor Urse & was glad to be back with him because of his bedside manner & treatment of his patients.
in Dayton, OH |
I love, love, love Dr. Urse! He gives phenomenal care! The best knee surgeon around. Very personable and truly cares for his patients.
in Fairborn, OH |
Dr. Urse is an excellent doctor! He treated my broken clavicle as if it was his own, was very knowledgeable about the injury, and is very personable!
Have you seen Dr. John S. Urse III, DO?
Are you Dr. Urse III?

Compare Dr. Urse III

Dr. Urse III's Care Philosophy

Dr. Urse III says...

I perform hip arthroscopy, both inside the hip joint for labral repairs and femeroacetabular impingement (FAI),  but also for hip bursitis and gluteus medius repairs, which I perform through the scope as an outpatient procedure.

I currently am an instructor for hip arthroscopy through the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA).

I have performed rotator cuff repairs of the shoulder through the scope since 2003, and also do partial and total shoulder replacements.

I utilize MRI-based technology for partial and total knee replacements.

I have additional training in office and operative ultrasound use for both diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal problems.  I also use Platelet -rich Plasma (PRP) in both office and operative cases for arthritis, ligament injuries, and tendon injuries.

Dr. Urse III says...

Respectfully, Dr. Urse

Dr. Urse III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Urse III has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Urse III's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Musculoskeletal Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 1978

• Other Education
    Assoc Master instructor Hip Arthroscopy with Arthroscopy Assoc. N. America

Completed in 2012

Dr. Urse III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Urse III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Meniscectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.