Dr. John Trudel, MD

Dr. John Trudel, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. John Trudel, MD is a family medicine specialist in Westborough, MA and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from Albany Medical College in 1988 and specializes in family medicine and clinical informatics.Read his story

900 Union St

Westborough, MA 01581

• Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Trudel

Dr. Trudel's Experience

Dr. Trudel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Trudel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Trudel "A graduate of Holy Cross and Albany Medical College, Dr. John Trudel knew he wanted to be a physician since he was in the first grade. "My mother was a nurse and I think that was a big influence on me. I also really enjoyed studying the sciences in school. It just seemed natural to me that I would make medicine my career," he explains. Working as a family practice physician, Dr. Trudel enjoys providing a wide range of care for his patients. "As a Family Practice physician you get to do a lot of different things – from simple check-ups to joint injections for inflammation. I have even delivered babies during my career. The variety really makes practicing interesting. But the thing I enjoy most about being a Family Practice physician is the trust patients give me when I walk in the room. It's a rewarding privilege." For Dr. Trudel, fostering good communication with his patients is an important aspect of providing care. "I enjoy talking to my patients and work hard to make people understand their illness and the different solutions we can use to deal with it. I feel if you don't explain the reasons behind a treatment plan, many patients won't buy into it and it will be less effective. For example, if you explain to a patient that they've got high cholesterol and the medication we prescribe will make them 50% less likely to have a heart attack, then they are much more likely to follow the program." Talking with Dr. Trudel, it's easy to see that he really enjoys practicing in the small town atmosphere of Westborough. "I really feel like I am part of a big family here. We have a great group of caregivers here in Westborough and I think the patients appreciate that. It's a great place to come to work." When he is not busy with his patients, Dr. Trudel likes to spend as much time as possible with his wife and three children. He enjoys coaching his sons' Little League team in Shrewsbury as well as outdoor pursuits such as hiking, rafting and playing softball. "Sports is a great way to stay physically active, and I'm glad my boys enjoy it as much as I do.""

• Clinical Informatics

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Joint Injection

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Naval Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Trudel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Trudel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Trudel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Trudel's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trudel to family and friends
5 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Trudel's Performance

I have had Dr. Trudel for 10+ years. I find him to be caring, knowledgeable, easy to discuss medical conditions and options with.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0