Rheumatology  |
Dr. John Tesser, MD
Dr. John Tesser, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 40 years.

4550 E Bell Rd Ste 170

Phoenix, AZ 85032

Learn about Dr. Tesser

See how frequently Dr. Tesser performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoporosis
Fibromyalgia
Arthritis

Dr. Tesser's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Vasculitis

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine and Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • Maricopa Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Maricopa Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Bowman Gray
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Tesser has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tesser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tesser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tesser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tesser to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Tesser's Performance
in Phoenix AZ |
Tesser is avery smart Dr. Yet has no tact when speaking to a regular person. He needs to remember as a patient we are not trained drs. If we were we most likely would not be there. Also when they (anyone in the practice) mess up they do not own up to it. I had to have an er visit and tests done because the messed up a blood draw. Money out of my pocket. They sent me to the ER only to find out they messed up nothing was wrong. Did they pay, no. Yet if you miss a bill they will drop you in a hurry
It's very strange because you send about 80% of the visit with the physicians assistant, and then he goes and gets Dr. Tesser who only stays for a little bit. There is a lot of waiting involved too. But Dr. Tesser does seem very knowledgeable and he's pretty nice.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Tesser and his P.A. Randy Jay, have been fantastic! I have been seeing them for about a decade now and have never regretted it! They answered questions I have been asking of other doctors and have made discoveries that have vastly improved my life. They are both great listeners, i.e. I don't want narcotic pain meds, so they have helped me with alternative therapies. The office is fantastic as well, helping me when my pharmacy made big messes out of my prescriptions. Would highly recommend!
in Goodyear, AZ |
I have recieved awesome care from both Dr. Tesser and his wonderful P.A Randy. He is thorough and appears to really care about my autoimmune multi systemic sarcoidosis. He has never hurried thru any appointments and I love the I house blood draws and portal where I can check my blood results within just a couple days from the draws. If you have any questions you can send a message thru the portal that is answered the next business day. Great Doctor and a great staff in my opinion.
Sun City, AZ |
Hard to connect with. Orders incredibly expensive studies. Extreme use of physician assistance. Cold and tend to interupt. I have to believe there is someone better. You can hear people talk through the walls perfectly, no privacy.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Went to Dr. Tesser to reevaluate existing conditions. I spent the majority of the visit with Scott and when Dr. Tesser did come into the room, he only stayed for a few minutes. He did not perform any type of physical evaluation and said, That my condition would never change and to suck it up and learn to deal with it. Then they billed my insurance a great deal of money. Overall, he is very egotistical and needs to work on his empathy. I will never recommend him or see him again!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I spent most of my time with his P.A. Scott Brown, & was completely satisfied with seeing Brown as it is, but Tesser saw me for maybe a few minutes but gave me a game plan of how we plan to handle things, which I liked. I've done my run around with doctors but these two together put their foot down, knew their stuff, & made me feel comfortable knowing that they were helping me tackle my medical problem & come up with a solution. I would definitely recommend him & his P.A.
in Goodyear, AZ |
I would NEVER recommend Dr. Tesser - spends very little time with you, in-and-out. I was wrongly diagnosed with tendonitis in early Dec. when I had a meniscus tear. Went for physical therapy as directed with this tear - finally saw other specialist who listened, and I had my surgery 10 days ago. Also way too many forms that are input by assistant during my appt. while you are just sitting there. Provider fees were exorbitant. Obviously, not too impressed, to say the least! -1
in Snowflake Az |
I never made it to see Dr. Tesser. I've heard he's great. I wish he wasn't stuck behind such atrocious customer service. Actually he doesn't have a customer service department. He has a customer deflection service. Hopefully you can get past the incompetent phone system, staff and leadership to receive your care. I couldn't. Today I still hurt.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had not seen Dr. Tesser in almost two years and was attempting to reestablish him as my primary Rheumatologist. His PA Scott came into my room and asked me for my complete history. He left the room and I expected him to return with the doctor but he returned without the doctor and gave me HIS diagnosis of Fibromyalgia! I never saw the doctor. I disagreed with him and he quit being nice. His staff said he was not in the office and that I would be charged for a complete Dr. visit.
Have you seen Dr. John Tesser, MD?
Are you Dr. Tesser?