Dr. John Swanson, MD

Dr. John Swanson, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. John Swanson, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Fresno, CA. He is 73 years old and has been practicing for 48 years. Dr. Swanson is affiliated with Saint Agnes Medical Center.

9483 N Fort Washington Rd Ste 101

Fresno, CA 93730

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Swanson

See how frequently Dr. Swanson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Swanson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Total Salpingectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Roy J Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine At University Of Iowa
    Medical School | Graduated 1969
  • Valley Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1970
  • Valley Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1975
  • Ia University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1977

Dr. Swanson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Swanson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swanson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Swanson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swanson to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Swanson's Performance
in Fresno, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr Swanson for years. He has treated several members of my family for every stage of, and need for obstetric and gynecological care. I would recommend Dr Swanson's office . The staff is professional, helpful and endeavor to deliver a level of service not found in all physician's offices.
Clovis, CA |
Dr. Swanson is the best doctor in town for a pregnant woman. When I had both of my C-sections, I would not trust another doctor like him. My son had a hard time coming out during the C-section, but Dr. Swanson was so clam and confident that it would be alright. He is the best surgeon according to most of the labor and delivery nurses at Saint Agnes. His staff and nurses are wonderful. Dr. Swanson listens to all of your concerns and shows compassion and is kind! He has a very good heart!
in Fresno, CA |
Dr. Swanson came highly recommended. I feel that he has a lot of experience, however, is very quickly in concluding. You could say "solution oriented". If you are new to fertility issues, it can be quite overwhelming. He has a calm demeanor, seems to not have much time, though. You wait a long time to be seen and the visit itself is quick and somewhat impersonal. I do not doubt his qualifications at all, just the bedside manner and care isn't what I was looking for.
in Fresno, CA |
Great doctor and phenomenal service with the office as well.
in Clovis, CA |
I have seen Dr. Swanson for over 8 years. He has provided care for 4 of my 5 pregnancies and I can't imagine a better experience. He is smart and caring and kind. A great combo for a doctor. Expect a little bit of a wait time, but please understand that is because when he meets with you, he doesn't set an alarm to make it to the next appointment. He is thorough and spends time to answer all of your questions while you are there.
in Fresno |
I wouldn't go back. Like similar reviews, I waited six weeks for an appointment, the 30 minutes when I got there. Receptionist said copay had to be made in cash, which is something I thought they should mention ahead of time. Once in my appointment, I was told I'd have to go get a prescription, and a blood test, then come back the following week to continue my appointment. I've never had that experience with a doctor where they send you all around town for something really simple.
in Fresno, ca |
I WAITED FOR 2 and half MONTHS FOR A APPOINTMENT. OFFICE CALLED RESCHEDULE TWICE. THEN I FINALLY GOT APPOINTMENT WAITING 1 HOUR to see the doctor, he comes and introduces himself and immediately days he had to reschedule for another day. .. pus the other annoying fact the staff and nuts were just busy having loud conversations and laughing rather attending to patients..
in Fresno, CA |
I've gone to Swanson's office for about 15 years now and have always loved the experience. I never wait more than 15 minutes in the lobby before the appointment and the staff is very helpful. I've always enjoyed visits with my nurse practitioner, Barbara Gilman, who is kind and informative. She responds respectfully to my questions and I never feel left in the dark. Can't ask for more than that!
Have you seen Dr. John Swanson, MD?
Are you Dr. Swanson?